K2 blog items - text space increase? Topic is solved

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 3.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
TikkiRo
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

K2 blog items - text space increase?

Post by TikkiRo » Thu Jan 05, 2023 2:53 pm

I'm trying to find how or where I can increase the intro space on a K2 blog on my site. Currently it shows just under 3 lines, with the "just under" being literal. It seems to cut off half of a line along it's length oddly for some items. It appears in part to be worsened by a font change but ideally I'd like to know how to fix it for future should I want 4 or more lines maybe as part of the intro. I've tried looking in the module and K2 settings but couldn't spot a likely setting though maybe just missed it.

https://agjewellery.uk/index.php/blog-w ... ht-sidebar
Last edited by toivo on Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: moved from 4.x Extensions - please post to the correct forum by Joomla version!

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: K2 blog items - text space increase?

Post by AMurray » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:32 pm

Does the same thing happen with an article using the Read More, and written using the standard article editor in the Article Manager (not K2)? It could also be an issue with your template. Can you test it with the default Protostar template? (Please test this and report back).

This could be an issue of K2 rather than Joomla in which case you should contact the K2 developers for a solution.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

TikkiRo
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: K2 blog items - text space increase?

Post by TikkiRo » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:02 pm

Ahh thanks SO much for that sensible advice - stupidly didn't think of checking the simple stuff out first! So yes, after trying each of the variables, it appears to be a K2 issue indeed, as it renders perfectly when done as the "plain articles/read more" option. Truly appreciate you taking the time to provide the obvious answer (as many wouldn't have bothered) as it's saved me hours of trying lots of other fruitless ventures before I might ever have thought of the basic!

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 3.x”