Permissions issue with New Joomla Install

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! 3.x on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
jchastain
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Permissions issue with New Joomla Install

Post by jchastain » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:41 pm

I have a brand new Joomla 3.2.3 installation on a brand new Windows 2012 R2 server ( Windows IIS 8.5, PHP 5.4.24, MySQL). The Joomla install went through without any issue, I can bring up the public site and I can log into the admin. I can edit the site configuration without issue. I was able to update Joomla and set up the 'install from web' option for extensions. However, I cannot install any extensions.

Every time I attempt to install an extension via the web, I get the following message:
Error
Archive does not exist

Warning
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tmp\install_5345823901c41
JFolder: :folder: Path is not a folder. Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tmp\install_5345823901c41
JFolder: :files: Path is not a folder. Path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tmp\install_5345823901c41
JInstaller: :Install: Cannot find Joomla XML setup file
The path above is correct (at least through tmp). I have gone through the Joomla/IIS security configuration information (http://docs.joomla.org/IIS) and all of my permissions match. Specifically, I have added the IUSR user to the IIS_IUSRS group and the IIS_IUSRS group has Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read, and Write permissions for the entire C:\inetpub\wwwroot folder.

Also, I get a similar looking error when trying to upload a package file, so this does not appear to be limited to the web installer.
Error
There was an error uploading this file to the server.
Any suggestions on what I am missing here or where I could go looking for more details on the error messages?

Thanks!
-- Jeff

yellowwebmonkey
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Permissions issue with New Joomla Install

Post by yellowwebmonkey » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Try enabling FTP in the global configuration, saving, then removing/disabling.

D_L_I
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by D_L_I » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:55 am

Hi there,
any news on that? I am having the exact same issue.
can anyone shed some light on the issue?

jeffj803
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jeffj803 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:59 pm

I had a similar issue, I had to explicitly add the iusr to the root of the site and enable inherit permissions. No clue why this is but hope it helps.

Jeff

Return to “Joomla! 3.x on IIS webserver”