Registration approval by admins dependent on user's country

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
SPDRMN
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Registration approval by admins dependent on user's country

Post by SPDRMN » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:23 pm

Hi!

I'd like to find a solution for this kind of functioning of user registration:

1. During registration the user sets his/her country. I think it can be achieved by Joomla core (profile plugin) or by some free extensions too.

2. When the user verifies his/her email address, admins/super admins get an email with an activation link, they can approve registrations. This also can be done in core Joomla. The difference between this Joomla's core functioning and what I'd like to see is that I want not every admin to get the approval email. I want admins to get this approval email dependent on the user's country. Somehow I want to 'flag' certain admins/super admins as the ones who get emails only from users from Spain, France, etc., and others as the ones who get the emails only from users from Germany, England, etc. (If that's easier to achieve it's O.K. if these admins/super admins cannot be linked with multiple countries but only one country (one by one).)

Beside this functioning I still need to let all the other (not 'flagged') admins/super admins to get all emails as the default Joomla functioning.

Could you help me how to achieve this kind of functioning?

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Registration approval by admins dependent on user's coun

Post by leolam » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:19 am

No such extension exist as far as I know though you might go here: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... n-approval and contact Readybytes (very professional!) to enhance the plugin with the country admin approval functionality.

The alternative is you post a job to any freelancer site.

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

SPDRMN
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Registration approval by admins dependent on user's coun

Post by SPDRMN » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi, leolam!
Thank you for your answer.

I've found some extensions (near to that link that you've sent) allow registering users to choose user group(s) during registration. I imagine that maybe if a user selects his/her country, for example "Germany" during registration, it means that he/she is set as a member of a user group called "Germany".

Isn't that possible with some extension or with some easy code modification that these "country" groups' registration approvals are linked only to other unique "admin groups", like for example "approvals for users from Germany"?

Or isn't that possible to send the approval email (about a new user of a certain "country group") not for whole admin groups but for certain email addresses only? It would be O.K. for me to set only an email address or email addresses (not whole admin groups) to send a warning message to about the new registered user. I mean that if a user selects "Germany" in the registration form, a warning email is sent by the system to an email address, not for Joomla users (eg. super admins that get the system messages). Previously I've seen this kind of functioning at some Joomla form and newsletter components. Isn't that possible to make the same with Joomla registration, based on a given user group (or anything else custom field) of the new user?

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”