Help required setting up ACL, Permissions etc?

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
oj09
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Help required setting up ACL, Permissions etc?

Post by oj09 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:23 am

Hi All,

This is the first time I've had to mess with ACL, the permissions and so forth... as I'm an intern who has designed and implementing a local charitable organisations new website, of course powered by Joomla.

So here's my trouble, we need to allow "Content Writers" to be able to have standard access to write their own articles and submit them through the back-end admin but NEVER have access to other "Content Writers" articles, so there can be no mistakes or errors in this regard.

However, after spending a lot of time via Google I am still stuck. Please take a look at the attached screenshot, you will note it's pretty much a blank back-end for this "Content Writer" user I created.

Any help or further guidance to help me complete this aspect and get this charity's volunteer content writers up and running, would be very much appreciated indeed.

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Regards,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”