Configuration Manager-->Display Template Options

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
nwl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Configuration Manager-->Display Template Options

Post by nwl » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:46 pm

Hi all,

I'm working on a custom template (Joomla 3.3.3) that has some editable params.
I'd like to let change template's params via frontend.
In order to accomplish that task I set a menu item "Configuration Manager-->Display Template Options" with "Special" access.
I can access the page only with Super User logged in and all works well as aspected.

But I'd like to know if it is possibile to access to this menu item with different/custom user's permissions.

I've created a new user group called "frontend", inherited from "registered" and assigned to a proper new access level (called "frontend") and a custom new user (assigned to "frontend" group).

Then I went to the Global Configuration-->Permissions and I tried to grant the right permissions to my user group in order to let this menu item be accessible only to that "frontend" group (and of course Super user).

It seems that only the Super user is capable to access to the "Display Template Options" menu item, I've tried to override too the Template manager allowing all permissions for "frontend" group but it's still not working (as I expect)

Any suggestion ?

xfsgpr
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Configuration Manager-->Display Template Options

Post by xfsgpr » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:19 am

nwl wrote:Hi all,

But I'd like to know if it is possibile to access to this menu item with different/custom user's permissions.

I've created a new user group called "frontend", inherited from "registered" and assigned to a proper new access level (called "frontend") and a custom new user (assigned to "frontend" group).

Then I went to the Global Configuration-->Permissions and I tried to grant the right permissions to my user group in order to let this menu item be accessible only to that "frontend" group (and of course Super user).
The process is that you first create a group called Frontend and make it a child of Administrator. Then you create a new user and make him a member of Frontend. Now this should give that new user access to the Administrator functions of your site.

I hope you get this.

Good luck.

nwl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Configuration Manager-->Display Template Options

Post by nwl » Sat Sep 13, 2014 9:46 am

Thanks,
I did as you said: a new group child of "Administration", but without the "Super user" global permission it is not accessible in the frontend...

My goal is to let change some template params to a user admin of the site without setting him as Super user, but it seems that this options is only available for Super users.
Or maybe I'm doing something wrong ? :)

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”