guest user access not working in joomla 3.3

Moderators: mandville, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
dlonra22
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

guest user access not working in joomla 3.3

Post by dlonra22 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:57 pm

Hi everyone, I have been struggling to get help on this and have trawled every forum and tried everything I could find so far. guest user menus are not dissappearing when registered users login. I don't know how to resolve this. I have gone through the manual read the forums. can someone suggest something. This would be much appreciated. Thanks

Arnibus Roboticus

ranwilli
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: guest user access not working in joomla 3.3

Post by ranwilli » Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:09 am

Which groups are authorized to view objects marked as "guest"?
Don't HACK the Joomla! core, Instead "Extend" and/or "Override."
Stay ON the update path.
https://harpervance.com

dlonra22
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: guest user access not working in joomla 3.3

Post by dlonra22 » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:50 pm

ranwilli wrote:Which groups are authorized to view objects marked as "guest"?
guest only
leveldetails.png
usersconfiguration.jpg
globalconfig.png
with global configuration I have tried switching between guest and public. Remembered to clear the cache each time.

I also have these plugins added don't know if any of them cause any conflicts? contentbuilder, - NoNumber Articles Anywhere, f90_registration_validation, f90deletemyaccount, system - encrypt, System - KeyCAPTCHA, System - Session Keeper, User - SpambotCheck.

Like I said I have read through a lot of forums, this is the default joomla guest configuration. it works on my other sites but cannot pinpoint any differences. It also used to work on this current site. but have only noticed it not working currently. restored a backup and seems to have the same problem. strange?

Thank you for responding, :)

Best regards,

Arnibus Roboticus
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Access Control List (ACL) in Joomla! 3.x”