Custom package installs only one extension

For Joomla! 3.x Coding related discussions, you could also use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

Moderators: ooffick, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
jxbeauchamp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Custom package installs only one extension

Post by jxbeauchamp » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:36 pm

Below is my xml file for the installer. Every time I attempt to install this package it will install the first extension and then stop. If I comment out the first extension then it will install the second and stop. If I comment out the first 2 it will install the 3rd etc. My install.php script only has a preflight check for the version of Joomla. Any ideas as to why it is stopping?

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<extension type="package" version="3.0" method="upgrade">
	<name>CMS Extensions</name>
	<author>James Beauchamp</author>
	<creationDate>October 2014</creationDate>
	<packagename>cmsextensions</packagename>
	<version>2014.10.29</version>
	<description>Package of currently used CMS extensions</description>
	<files folder="packages">
		<file type="module" id="mod_addtomenu">addtomenu-v3.1.0.zip</file>
		<file type="component" id="com_advancedmodules">advancedmodulemanager-v4.16.9.zip</file>
		<file type="component" id="com_aclmanager">com_aclmanager_v2.4.4.zip</file>
		<file type="component" id="com_admintools">com_admintools-3.1.1-core.zip</file>
		<file type="plugin" id="accordionfaq" group="content">joomla_3_0_plg_accordionfaq_3_0_6.zip</file>
		<file type="module" id="mod_accordeonck">mod_accordeonck_2.0.9_j30.zip</file>
		<file type="module" id="mod_custom_js">mod_custom_js16.zip</file>
		<file type="plugin" id="easyfrontendseo" group="system">pkg_easyfrontendseo_v3-2.zip</file>
		<!--<file type="package" id="pkg_jcksuite">pkg_jcksuite_6.5.8_forj.3.2.zip</file>-->
		<file type="plugin" id="plg_content_cdmagictabs" group="content">plg_content_cdmagictabs_2.5.x.2.0.9.zip</file>
		<file type="plugin" id="plg_system_cdscriptegrator" group="system">plg_system_cdscriptegrator_2.5.x.2.3.6.zip</file>
		<file type="template" id="yoo_nano3">yoo_nano3_j32.zip</file>
	</files>
	<scriptfile>install.php</scriptfile>
</extension>

Code: Select all

class pkg_cmsextensionsInstallerScript
{
	public function preflight($route, JAdapterInstance $adapter)
	{
		if(!version_compare(JVERSION, '3.3.6', 'ge')) {
			$msg = "<p>You need Joomla! 3.3.6 or later to install this package.</p>";
			JError::raiseWarning(100, $msg);
			return false;
		}

return true;
	}
}
Last edited by imanickam on Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to the forum Joomla! 3.x Coding

jackrabbit
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Custom package installs only one extension

Post by jackrabbit » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:33 am

Maybe the periods in the zip file names are causing the error. The processor may see the string after the first period as the file type and does not recognize it. Just guessing as nothing seems to be incorrect in the coding
Reset Joomla super user password and username simply | http://cmsenergizer.com/website-energy- ... d-remotely

jxbeauchamp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jxbeauchamp » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:15 pm

Interesting theory but it didn't work. I renamed all the files to match the id but no luck. Thanks for trying!

jxbeauchamp
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jxbeauchamp » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:39 pm

It turns out that there were two particular extensions in the package that were problematic and not the package installation process itself. Once I narrowed it down to and removed those extensions, the installer worked without a problem. The 2 extensions were both NoNumber extensions (Advanced Module Manager and Add To Menu). These extensions have custom installer processes which are most likely causing the problem. I did not take the time to troubleshoot to find out exactly why but I did submit a question to their support to see if they might have an answer. I will update this thread if I get one.

Thanks,
James

Return to “Joomla! 3.x Coding”