customise automatic alias generation

For Joomla! 3.x Coding related discussions, you could also use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

Moderators: ooffick, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
PeteSCCS
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

customise automatic alias generation

Post by PeteSCCS » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:56 am

Simple question:

Joomla core strips out the subscript 2 character from article titles when creating the alias. I would like to change this so it replaces "subscript 2" with a regular "2" character.

Thanks for any help or clues!

(Joomla 3.3.1)

Note: I know I could enable unicode URLs, but I would rather not – I'm happy to stick with UTF8 if there's some way of customising this behaviour. Have read the wiki on language customisation but none of it seems to apply to this simple problem.
Last edited by imanickam on Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved the topic from the forum General Questions/New to Joomla! 3.x to the forum Joomla! 3.x Coding.

PeteSCCS
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: customise automatic alias generation

Post by PeteSCCS » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:23 am

I've just solved this myself minutes after posting the question. For reference, I edited the file:
libraries/joomla/language/transliterate.php

adding the subscript 2 character to both the lower and upper case arrays, and it works perfectly!

Code: Select all

'₂' => '2'
Now, if anyone can advise how to make this change stick through joomla updates, that would be amazing ... is it possible to override joomla libraries?

MeeDNite
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: customise automatic alias generation

Post by MeeDNite » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:02 am

Hi,
You can suggest the change in Joomla Issue tracker to be included in Future releases.

Return to “Joomla! 3.x Coding”