Solved - Joomla 3 component multiple MVC

For Joomla! 3.x Coding related discussions, you could also use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

Moderators: ooffick, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Tungsten15
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Solved - Joomla 3 component multiple MVC

Post by Tungsten15 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:16 am

I've read up and done the tutorials for Joomla 3. Here is my problem: My requirement is more complex than the HelloWorld one. I have multiple tables, on the admin side, to maintain (entries - add, update and delete). Thus it means multiple controllers, views and models (one for each database table)

To explain: Lets say I have 2 tables in the database; shop and area. The default view is for shop. I've created MVCs called shop and shops - working. Then I created MVCs called area and areas. The areas one works to show a list of the areas in the DB.

The area view works (display the right form, but no data) but there is something wrong with the model; when I look at MyCompViewArea object's item member, item, it still have the array for shop.

I'm stuck, can you point me to a comprehensive tutorial that covers this?
Last edited by Tungsten15 on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tungsten15
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla 3 component multiple MVC

Post by Tungsten15 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:49 am

Ok, silly me!

One gets blind to one's code. I've kept on hunting for the problem and because of another question ask (Fatal error: Call to a member function getKeyName()) I took a closer look at my table class and found that the class name was wrong. It was MyCompTableMyComp instead of MyCompTableArea

Return to “Joomla! 3.x Coding”