I need help about top/sidebar menu

For Joomla! 3.x Coding related discussions, you could also use: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

Moderators: ooffick, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
sashaiel
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

I need help about top/sidebar menu

Post by sashaiel » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:39 pm

Hello friends
I hope you are all well.
I need a little help from you if you are familiar with css or javascript. :-[
I needed a grid display component for my site, and after searching I found a suitable one and installed it. Now the problem is that after activating the module related to this component on any page, the menu at the top of my site stops working. It means that there is an interference between the grid component and the menu. If I disable the grid module, the menu works again without any problem.
Please see for yourself in the link below.
http://test6.harfrooz.com/117-more/1837 ... -sightings
Currently, the grid module is active under articles,so nothing happens if you click on the search button or the corresponding button on the sidebar menu. This issue occurs only in mobile and tablet display mode. So reduce the browser size to see what I mean.
The question is, what should I do to solve the problem? I don't think it should be a very complicated problem?
Also, when the grid module is active, the following error can be seen on the Google Inspect page.

Code: Select all

mootools-core.js?d25b1e28c6a2a29d5e390c182349c46d:136 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'x')
    at getWidth (mootools-core.js?d25b1e28c6a2a29d5e390c182349c46d:136:134)
    at Object.check (script.js:137:23)
    at Object.initialize (script.js:58:14)
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> (script.js:442:14)
    at n (jquery-1.7.1.min.js:2:14784)
    at Object.fireWith (jquery-1.7.1.min.js:2:15553)
    at Function.ready (jquery-1.7.1.min.js:2:9773)
    at HTMLDocument.B (jquery-1.7.1.min.js:2:14348)
I would appreciate it if you could help me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: I need help about top/sidebar menu

Post by Pavel-ww » Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:08 am

Hi. There are a huge number of extensions for Joomla. It is not possible to make all them compatible with each other. Therefore, each webmaster should take care of the site ecosystem, choosing extensions suitable for each other.

This component is not suitable for your template and conflicts with its scripts. Just remove it and look for another solution. And unfortunately every day it will be more complicated for you, since you use the outdated Joomla and an outdated template. To build a project on an outdated software is a very bad idea and a dead end. To solve all the problems that will arise along this path, you should at least be a good JS/PHP programmer, but not just a webmater.

sashaiel
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by sashaiel » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:26 pm

Pavel-ww wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 7:08 am
Hi. There are a huge number of extensions for Joomla. It is not possible to make all them compatible with each other. Therefore, each webmaster should take care of the site ecosystem, choosing extensions suitable for each other.

This component is not suitable for your template and conflicts with its scripts. Just remove it and look for another solution. And unfortunately every day it will be more complicated for you, since you use the outdated Joomla and an outdated template. To build a project on an outdated software is a very bad idea and a dead end. To solve all the problems that will arise along this path, you should at least be a good JS/PHP programmer, but not just a webmater.
Hello Pavel. I apologize for my late reply. Well, honestly, I listened to your advice and looked for new extensions in these few days, but either they were not good or they had the same problems as before! But anyway, I managed to solve my problem. What I understood is that the Joomla forum includes most of the issues related to css and the Joomla core itself, but it's not good for javascript or related scripts.
But since you are a css expert, I wanted to ask you another question. I don't think the answer is too difficult.
When I touch on any of the menu buttons at the top of my site, the menu page opens. (in mobile and tablet view) Now, if I touch on the surrounding environment, the menu page closes, but if I click on the button itself, the menu page does not close.
How to solve this issue?
I want to open the menu when I touch on the menu button, and close when I touch again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Pavel-ww » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:12 am

Hi. This is not CSS issue, but JavaScript issue. In CSS you can only control the hover over behavior, but not a click event. You need to write your own script for this (onclick event).

Return to “Joomla! 3.x Coding”