Menu Manager - Select Articles only displays 20 at a time

Did you find a bug in Joomla! 3.x but aren't sure? This forum is the place to help figure out if the problem is a bug and how to report it. If you are an experienced Joomla! user and are certain that you have found a bug please use the Bug Tracker to submit your issue.
This forum is for discussion about bugs and to get help with reporting them to the Bug Tracker: https://issues.joomla.org

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
Please use the official Bug Tracker to report a bug: https://issues.joomla.org
rowbygoren
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Menu Manager - Select Articles only displays 20 at a time

Post by rowbygoren » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:21 pm

Hello,

I have a suggestion for a long-needed improvement in the Menu Manager - select Articles.

Please go to the Joomla Menu Manager. Under the Details Tab select Menu Item Type. Select Single Article (or similar article selection) Then back in Menu Manager "Select Article". You are then given a list of articles, which you can filter by Category, Status, etc.

However it only displays 20 items at a time.

Just like the Joomla Article Manager, the Menu > Article selector should allow the user to select whether they want to display All or just a few. This is particularly helpful when there are a large amount of articles, and the user wants to see them ALL at once (or 100 at once, for example) rather than just a few (20) items. They should be able to choose (for example) 20 items, 40 items, 50, 100 or All -- just like in the Menu Manager (and the Category manager for example.)

Don't know if this is a "bug" or a feature enhancement request. Not sure where to put feature enhancement requests. What is the procedure to get this suggestion in the "joomla pipeline".

Thanks

Rowby

ozneilau
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: Menu Manager - Select Articles only displays 20 at a tim

Post by ozneilau » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:46 am

This would certainly be useful although you can change the default list limit in Global Configuration and Joomla will remember your setting if you change it in the Menu Items in Menu Manager before you edit your menu item.

rowbygoren
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by rowbygoren » Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:31 pm

Hi ozneilau

I changed the default List limit in Joomla configuration in the "Site" tab to 100. But the Joomla 3.3.6 article manager still shows "25".

And it doesn't affect the Menu Manager's Select Article in the Modal. It it still showing 20 items.

It's not really a bug (or is it) -- it's a feature enhancement request and I'm really not sure how to make what I think is an easy fix (I'm not a programmer :)) to the core Joomla "Select article" manager so a person can select the number of articles they can display, including "All".

Best regards

Rowby

P.S. In the meantime do you perhaps know a modification I can make to the PHP to at least get this working for my 4 sites.

ozneilau
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ozneilau » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:29 pm

Hi Rowby,

On my Joomla 3.3.6 installation I can confirm the issue in the modal window but not in Article Manager.

I think it's reasonable to raise the modal window issue as a bug as lists should follow the Global Configuration setting.

rowbygoren
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by rowbygoren » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:39 pm

Thanks, ozneilau,

I'll update this in the bug site, based on the global configuration issue.

Rowby

ozneilau
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by ozneilau » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:48 pm

Thanks Rowby!

bentk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by bentk » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:06 am

Hello,

when I try to select "All" items (for example in sh404SEF's 404 requests manager)

it will not display "All" items but it jumps back to display 20 item.

Is it a bug related to Joomla?

(Joomla 3.4.1)

Return to “Joomla! 3.x Bug Reporting”