User Registration - Date of Birth Error

Did you find a bug in Joomla! 3.x but aren't sure? This forum is the place to help figure out if the problem is a bug and how to report it. If you are an experienced Joomla! user and are certain that you have found a bug please use the Bug Tracker to submit your issue.
This forum is for discussion about bugs and to get help with reporting them to the Bug Tracker: https://issues.joomla.org

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
Please use the official Bug Tracker to report a bug: https://issues.joomla.org
rbxcbx
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

User Registration - Date of Birth Error

Post by rbxcbx » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:24 pm

When a new user tries to register a new account, they fill out all their information on the user registration page. After submitting, if any of the fields are filled out incorrectly or have entered a wrong captcha, they get returned to the page with the error displayed on the top. It is possible they receive errors multiple times due to user error.

The problem: Each time they encounter an error, the Date of Birth that was originally selected from the calendar, changes. The day goes backwards by 1 day every time they submit and receive an error.
So someone that does not pay close attention to their date of birth field while for example, trying to enter the correct captcha, would submit an incorrect date of birth for their user records when it finally goes through.

Has anyone else run into this issue? What can I do to solve this problem?

This is Joomla version 3.4.1

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: User Registration - Date of Birth Error

Post by toivo » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:44 am

That sounds unusual. Which template are you using?

Does your site use any overrides or third party extensions for login and registration?
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

rbxcbx
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: User Registration - Date of Birth Error

Post by rbxcbx » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:30 pm

I thought it was such a strange issue to come across as well. I am using a custom template. However, I have switched it to beez3 to test it out and it responds the same way. I am only using the default User Registration and reCaptcha plugin on that page.

Return to “Joomla! 3.x Bug Reporting”