UX forward for the Joomla dev project - where is it?

The mission of the Joomla User Experience Team (JUX Team) is to create a great overall user experience for Joomla site administrators, thereby giving site users the same. We approach UX with a process, including defining the interaction design, information architecture, usability requirements, visual design through user research, mobile content and accessibility.

Get involved now with the JUX Team activities in the JUX Forum and find out more about official Working Groups on the documentation wiki.

Moderator: ooffick

Forum rules
darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

UX forward for the Joomla dev project - where is it?

Post by darb » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:51 am

I see that Michael Babker tweet about this today and I asked about this focus on all Joomla decision levels many times without any understanding and especially for the coding part of Joomla direction(s) to be adapted and considered..the Titanic. Look at how Wordpress structure for priorities and going forward pls...https://twitter.com/mbabker

"Michael Babker ‏@mbabker 13 hrs13 hours ago

BTW, resources like this - https://make.wordpress.org/core/4.3/ - are why we're losing share to WP daily. There's a clear source showing priorities."

This is not a real UX question for Joomla code itself but its a UX for all of us what priorities that should been working on and that PLT George et al should copy and learn from. To move Joomla forward you have to set up priorities and get Joomla out of the door for improvements and releases and communicate that into the right channels for a l l people... :geek:

darb
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: UX forward for the Joomla dev project - where is it?

Post by darb » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:21 am

UX for Joomla community project is not also to have a gazillion different channels for discussions and communication. This should also be over viewed in the overall strategy and prioritized so all and everybody is aware what i s going on. Put this down in the strategy and action decision pm.

Return to “User eXperience (UX)”