Help! Blank Page Blues: Installing Joomla Woes on CentOS 7 Topic is solved

Need help installing Joomla! 4.x? For all Joomla! 4.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
westball871
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Help! Blank Page Blues: Installing Joomla Woes on CentOS 7

Post by westball871 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:11 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm encountering a bit of a snag while setting up my Joomla site and I could really use some guidance, what going on is that I'm trying to install Joomla on my server running CentOS 7 and Apache and I keep running into an issue with the installation process.

I downloaded Joomla 4.0.3 and unzipped it into my designated directory (/var/www/html/myjoomla). I created a new MySQL database for the site and made sure all the permissions are set correctly. However when I navigate to the installation URL in my browser instead of seeing the Joomla setup wizard I'm getting a blank page.

I've double-checked my server configuration and made sure that all the required PHP extensions are installed and enabled. I even tried clearing my browser cache and restarting Apache but I'm still stuck with the blank page.

Could this be a compatibility issue with CentOS 7 or Apache or am I missing something crucial in the setup process. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Help! Blank Page Blues: Installing Joomla Woes on CentOS 7

Post by toivo » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:43 pm

Welcome to the Joomla forum!

The latest version of Joomla 4.x is Joomla 4.4.2. Joomla 4.0.3 was released in September 2021. Do you ha a particular reason why you installed that version?

Which version of PHP does the web server have?
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Help! Blank Page Blues: Installing Joomla Woes on CentOS 7

Post by Webdongle » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:11 pm

http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

Return to “Installation Joomla! 4.x”