Admin template not loading css

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 4.x site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
bostonev
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Admin template not loading css

Post by bostonev » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:50 pm

This randomly happened to me yesterday. Nothing has been installed or upgraded.

The admin section (including login page) seems to be loading without any css. It has no layout at all, everything is in a column on the left side.

I use Edge browser, and it has always worked great. First thing I did was test it in another browser, and I got the same result in Chrome. However, it is working in Firefox, and my boss said it works on his Chromebook.

I tried clearing cache as well as the good old ctrl+F5 and nothing is working.
Any ideas on how to fix this?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Re: Admin template not loading css

Post by ceford » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:13 pm

There have been a number of similar reports recently and I don't think we have seen a definitive answer. When it happens again look at the site cookies. Is one of them humans_21909? It seems to be a server configuration problem. Try disabling mod_security (ask your service provider).

bostonev
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bostonev » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:11 pm

ceford wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:13 pm
There have been a number of similar reports recently and I don't think we have seen a definitive answer. When it happens again look at the site cookies. Is one of them humans_21909? It seems to be a server configuration problem. Try disabling mod_security (ask your service provider).
I appreciate your feedback, and I have noticed that there are a growing number of this issue. I make even less sense of it now. Let's figure this one out... So I made a backup of the site, and then built it in another folder on the same server. Everything works as it should and loads as it should, in all browsers. In the same browser (Edge is what I was using and where I discovered the issue), I have 2 tabs open. 1 tab is my main website, and the other is the clone of my site I just made. the clone was made after I discovered the issue, and after I made this original post, but it is loading fine, but the main site still will not. I am literally lost at how this could even be possible.

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Thu Sep 28, 2023 6:32 pm

Two thoughts:

Wait until tomorrow when some intermediate cache may have timed out - perhaps your new clone will misbehave too.

In Global Configuration / Site do you have anything in Cookie Path?

gingerweb
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by gingerweb » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:27 am

Yep i have this also in at least two sites running J4.3.4 but these are on the same server as at least 1 that doesnt have the issue and looks fine.
I have tried adjusting htaccess and turning gzip off as other pages suggest but so far no change.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:49 am

You have a vulnerable version of Acy Mailing installed and have been hacked.

LTCreations01
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by LTCreations01 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:34 am

Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:49 am
You have a vulnerable version of Acy Mailing installed and have been hacked.
Can you please expand on that a bit? I installed the "free" version of ACYMailing a couple of weeks ago. Which version is it that you feel is a "welcome mat" for hackers?

I came across this thread because, up until today, I've had no problems anywhere. Today I can't get down below line 316, and I have over 600 lines in my CSS.
I can get to everything if I go in through cPanel. But if I'm in J5 admin, I can only scroll to line 316. So this is making me nervous.

I don't see any signs of hacking.

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:00 am

LTCreations01
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by LTCreations01 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:58 pm

Thank you for that. I'm using the starter (for now) and I think the version that's vulnerable must be the full-version instead of the free. My version is 5.13.0 and the one with the vulnerability is 8.7.0

But I was seriously considering purchasing the full-version and now I'll be on the lookout for that version. Thanks.

Return to “Administration Joomla! 4.x”