Upgrade to J4

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 4.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
budrys
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Upgrade to J4

Post by budrys » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:18 pm

Hello.

I'm trying to update to J4 on mu test site but on backend end I got thi serror:

0 Call to undefined method Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication::isSite()
Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/plugins/system/jqueryeasy/jqueryeasy.php:24
2 plgSystemJqueryeasy->__construct() JROOT/libraries/src/Extension/ExtensionManagerTrait.php:242
3 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->loadPluginFromFilesystem() JROOT/libraries/src/Extension/ExtensionManagerTrait.php:160
4 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->loadExtension() JROOT/libraries/src/Extension/ExtensionManagerTrait.php:99
5 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->bootPlugin() JROOT/libraries/src/Plugin/PluginHelper.php:232
6 Joomla\CMS\Plugin\PluginHelper::import() JROOT/libraries/src/Plugin/PluginHelper.php:192
7 Joomla\CMS\Plugin\PluginHelper::importPlugin() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:744
8 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->initialiseApp() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:312
9 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->initialiseApp() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:165
10 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293
11 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:61
12 require_once() JROOT/administrator/index.php:32

nacc
I've been banned!

isSite() error

Post by nacc » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:28 pm

Use Google to search for the isSite() error (and the solution) in J! 4.x: https://www.google.com/search?q=isSite%28%29+error.

Looks like it’s coming from the “jqueryeasy” plugin that you need to disable and uninstall.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Upgrade to J4

Post by AMurray » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:47 pm

jquery easy is indicated as J4 and J5 compatible but no harm in disabling/uninstalling, and then trying to reinstall it afterwards. Is it even necessary? https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/jquery-easy/
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

budrys
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by budrys » Sat Jan 13, 2024 11:21 pm

Done, but still some errors:

Ostrzeżenie
JAuthentication::Uwierzytelnianie: Nie można załadować dodatku: .
Wystąpił błąd.
500 Table 'betty71_wduchukopia.ttg6527_workflow_associations' doesn't exist
Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT/administrator/modules/mod_popular/src/Helper/PopularHelper.php:81
2 Joomla\Module\Popular\Administrator\Helper\PopularHelper::getList() JROOT/administrator/modules/mod_popular/mod_popular.php:19
3 include() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ModuleDispatcher.php:52
4 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ModuleDispatcher.php:55
5 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ModuleDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php:281
6 Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderRawModule() JROOT/libraries/src/Helper/ModuleHelper.php:161
7 Joomla\CMS\Helper\ModuleHelper::renderModule() JROOT/administrator/components/com_cpanel/tmpl/cpanel/default.php:61
8 include() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:415
9 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->loadTemplate() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/View/HtmlView.php:203
10 Joomla\CMS\MVC\View\HtmlView->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_cpanel/src/View/Cpanel/HtmlView.php:158
11 Joomla\Component\Cpanel\Administrator\View\Cpanel\HtmlView->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:660
12 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display() JROOT/administrator/components/com_cpanel/src/Controller/DisplayController.php:56
13 Joomla\Component\Cpanel\Administrator\Controller\DisplayController->display() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:693
14 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/ComponentDispatcher.php:143
15 Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\ComponentDispatcher->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
16 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
17 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
18 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293
19 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:61
20 require_once() JROOT/administrator/index.php:32
Wróć na pulpit

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Sun Jan 14, 2024 12:29 am

The update to Joomla 4 did not finish correctly because the database table 'ttg6527_workflow_associations' is missing. Use the following SQL statement in phpMyAdmin or a similar utility to create the table, but other database tables may also be missing:

Code: Select all

CREATE TABLE `ttg6527_workflow_associations` (
  `item_id` int NOT NULL DEFAULT '0' COMMENT 'Extension table id value',
  `stage_id` int NOT NULL COMMENT 'Foreign Key to #__workflow_stages.id',
  `extension` varchar(50) COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`item_id`,`extension`),
  KEY `idx_item_stage_extension` (`item_id`,`stage_id`,`extension`),
  KEY `idx_item_id` (`item_id`),
  KEY `idx_stage_id` (`stage_id`),
  KEY `idx_extension` (`extension`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 COLLATE=utf8mb4_unicode_ci;
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

budrys
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by budrys » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:09 am

Thanks.

Looks like I have no backend template now :(

Not sure how to install/enable it now.

budrys
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by budrys » Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:50 am

OK. I fixed that.

But have now this:

Rozszerzenie Instaluj: Missing field in database: Joomla\CMS\Table\Extension element..

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by JAVesey » Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:13 am

budrys wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:18 pm Hello.

I'm trying to update to J4 on mu test site but on backend end I got thi serror:
How are you doing the update? Joomla Update component? This is the only supported method.

As Toivo says, it looks like your upgrade didn't complete given the missing workflow/database fields.
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.1 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7 (with b/c plugin enabled)
Joomla 5.1.1 on XAMMP for MacOS with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28 (with b/c plugin enabled)

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:13 am

Recover by replacing the broken test site with the backup that you made before you attempted the update. Double check for (and uninstall) incompatible 3rd party extensions. Then retry the update by using the Joomla Update component.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

budrys
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by budrys » Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:40 am

Thanks.

I resolved these issues.

One more thing.

When I try to install some extensions I get the error with 403 error page.

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Mon Jan 15, 2024 9:39 am

are you installing extensions with Super User account or Administrator (two very different set of privileges - administrator can't install extensions)? That would be the first thing to check.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

budrys
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by budrys » Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:57 pm

I use Super Admin account

budrys
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by budrys » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:31 pm

And what is weired I installed clear J4 and get the same error trying to install the same extension:

Forbidden
Access to this resource on the server is denied!

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:37 pm

AMurray wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:47 pm jquery easy is indicated as J4 and J5 compatible but no harm in disabling/uninstalling, and then trying to reinstall it afterwards. Is it even necessary? https://extensions.joomla.org/extension/jquery-easy/
There are instructions for updating jquery from J3 to J4/J5 https://simplifyyourweb.com/documentati ... -3-10-to-4
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:20 pm

The 403 Forbidden Error happens when the web page (or another resource) that you're trying to open in your web browser is a resource that you're not allowed to access. It's called a 403 error because that's the HTTP status code that the webserver uses to describe that kind of error.

Very often this is caused by a blocking by Apache's mod_security. Please enable error reporting and debugging in global config, and post what you see when accessing the link

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 4.x”