upgrading to joomla 4, errors 0 Class 'Joomla\Console\Application' not found

Need help upgrading your Joomla! website or converting to Joomla! 4.x?

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

upgrading to joomla 4, errors 0 Class 'Joomla\Console\Application' not found

Post by ShlomoWer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 4:22 am

I have been trying to upgrade my site to joomla 4 , , but went too fast,and had many errors.
The moderator helped me a lot, but I was still stumped and he was not available , so I tried to go further, but met more erroros .so I went to a previous backup.
The problem I'm facing now ,is that nothing works on the backend, just the frontend
My hosting company say it could be a plugin problem.I'm afraid to just delete the site and do a clean restore
any idea as what could cause sucha problem?
Thanks ahead for any help

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: upgrading to joomla 4, errors 0 Class 'Joomla\Console\Application' not found

Post by Webdongle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:36 am

1. How did you implement your backup?
2. Did you delete all the folders/files and empty the database before restoring the backup?
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: upgrading to joomla 4, errors 0 Class 'Joomla\Console\Application' not found

Post by ShlomoWer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:07 pm

no, I just did a simple backup
Now they are telling me to do a full restore after trashing the site
i'm a little nervous to do that

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 6:58 pm

You might want to print this out?

The following will take you a little time but if done correctly (and your backup is good) then it will ensure that you don't loose your site. If the backup files are corrupt you can still rebuild your site so long as you have your database.

You can test your backup on your PC. Wamp https://www.wampserver.com/en/ creates a localhost. After installing wamp on your pc just create a folder in wamp's \www folder. e.g. testjoomla. Copy your backup files to that then create a database (point your browser at localhost and click phpMyAdmin). Import you database backup to the new database

Once you have done that edit your configuration.php to connect to your new database.
the paths will be something like

Code: Select all

public $log_path = 'C:\\wamp64\\www\\testjoomla\\administrator/logs';
	public $tmp_path = 'C:\\wamp64\\www\\testjoomla/tmp';
Rename your .htaccess if you have one

Then start wamp and point your browser at localhost/testjoomla/administrator (you will need to untick the use rewrite if it's selected)
When you have your site working on localhost you can clear the remote server and database and use Akeeba to restore your site.

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:12 pm

Thanks
formidable!

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:47 pm

Hi,
Sorry so ignorant; do I need 64 bit or 32?

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:07 pm

ShlomoWer wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:47 pm Sorry so ignorant; do I need 64 bit or 32?
Most pc's are 64 bit but check your pc's specs.

If wamp install cries out for Visual C++ distributables then download and run VisualCppRedist_AIO_x86_x64.exe from
https://github.com/abbodi1406/vcredist/releases for 64 bit (needs 32 and 64 bit visuals).
Your pc might warn but don't worry it's safe I used it.
{Wamp 32 bit just needs the 32bit visual C++}

Yes bit of a learning curve but not difficult step by step. All techniques are basic.
Download
Install
File management
Just done in the correct order ;)
Remember your Joomla folder(s) should be created in wamp's \www folder on your pc. wamp's \www is your localhost root and runs localhost.

btw for those with a mac
Macs use mamp. :D

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:46 pm

ok
Thanks
I needed to abort the install, I think becuase of those cfiles not found
the zip or the exe file?
Oh , you say exe.
Thanks

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 9:19 pm

I hope I did right, seems to be going around and around
I needed to override windows to download
It keeps configuring old versions of visual C++ even this is 2022
I don't know if I can wait til the end; I need to elave soon (for about 45 minutes - hour)

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:38 pm

Shouldn't take too long but it has to install all of them

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:17 pm

Hi
Seems that the amp is installed but I don't see anything
Every time I click it goes through a whole process and it makes chnages to my computer and in the end I see nothing?

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:22 pm

(cmd.exe ran a bunch of times
All the services are on, but I am lost

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:38 pm

You may need to click the v to show the wamp icon and drag down to the bar
wamp icon 01.JPG
You can also look on your C: drive on your pc to see \wamp64\www then create a folder e.g. \wamp64\www\testjoomla

With wamp running your browser pointing to localhost you can see phpMyAdmin. (mine only allows 1 of many because I have added much to my wamp)
wamp localhost 01.JPG
phpMyAdmin login
user: root
password is left blank
phpmyadmin 01.JPG
Create a new database to import your sql file that you exported from your live site (i.e. your database backup)
new database.JPG

You can also look on your C: drive on your pc to see \wamp64\www then create a folder e.g. \wamp64\www\testjoomla and place your backup files in the \testjoomla folder
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:38 am

The wampserver icon is on the sidebar.I tried to drag it down, bu it doesn't seem to stick
I opened a document which describes using the system.It it is red,it can't be used.must be green.and if not, it points to the user forum, with instructions .I'm just afraid I am out of my league
But I see in your picture , the icon is red, like mine, not green
So, i am confused
Really sorry for all this

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Thu Feb 01, 2024 2:40 am

The red is where I have icons I don't want anyone to see
The green w on the task bar is the wamp icon. If you can see it (without clicking the v) then you don't need to drag it anywhere.

If the wamp icon is red then not all the services are running. Hover over it will tell you how many. Click it and restart all services.

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Thu Feb 01, 2024 3:48 am

I only have red
i tried to run again and it posted an apache error

I'm going to restart the computer and try to go through the pfd on using the amp and then go to their forum and read their explanations

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:23 am

It will be worth the effort. Once you know your backup works and you get it running on wamp, you with be able to wipe the remote site and recover with your backup

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:19 pm

I know, this is the true professional way to work, but I am knowcked out (and always ahrried for time
Thanks for sticking with me

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:24 pm

Hello again
Technically , I should post a new topic, but I am still trying to upgrade since last week
I simply have used my host's backup tool to revert .It workd pretty good (even after once deleting the whole app), but I am having a problem with one extension
An error has occurred.
0 Non-static method AriKernel::init() cannot be called statically
I reverted from the backup, and did not touch that extension (as I once enabled it), but the problem keeps coming back
I just did an upgrade but it crashed with this error message

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

upgrading problems / error 0 Non-static method AriKernel::init() cannot be called statically

Post by ShlomoWer » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:09 pm

I have been attemting to upgrade my site to joomla 4 for some time now and a number of wonderful people have helped.
But this is a new topic because after running the update a recurring error keeps coming back.
One extension , which I had enabled originally created an error , and even after reverting to a backup,and not enabling the extension, the error keeps crashing the site and all my efforts (revered to back today 3 times)are lost
0 Non-static method AriKernel::init() cannot be called statically
I don't know what to do.
Do Ineed to uninstall that extension .How?
Any help would be hugely appreciated
Last edited by toivo on Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: merged with the current topic, cross posting not allowed in forum rules, available from https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:16 pm

The error comes from an older version of one of the ARI extensions, probably a plugin or a module, for example ARI Image Slider.

Browse the database table _extensions and once the culprit is found, edit the row of the extension and disable it by changing the column 'enabled' from 1 to 0.
Toivo Talikka, Global Moderator

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:22 am

Thanks,
I appreciate again, the help
I'm in the proper database , I'm pretty sure the file was the ari kernel (just I forget the actual name)
how do I make a search in the database for the file?
nothing comes up?
(I remember riginally when I was trying to prepare for upgrade, I enabled the file, and the site crashed.The enxt time, I did not enable the file, but the when I actually did the upgrade,it crashed again

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:31 am

If you can still access the backend of Joomla, go to System - Manage - Extensions and type in the letters ari into the search box. That will bring up extensions developed by ari-soft.com and possible some random hits, but it will hopefully help to identify the potential root cause.

If the backend does not work because the error occurs in a plugin, use phpMyAdmin or a similar MySQL utility and select the database in question from the left pane. Go to the main phpMyAdmin window and select the SQL tab. Edit the SQL statement in the query box as shown below but modify the table prefix to match your database. Then click the Go button in the bottom right corner of the page to run this query:

SELECT * FROM `r209c_extensions` WHERE name LIKE '%ari%'

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:14 pm

Hi
when I type ari into the search box, I get System - ARI Docs Viewer
The funny thing is that last time I went through my extensions, I enabled that extension but when I enabled the yubikey, that was when the site crashed
So, yubikey is ok but the docviewer is the culprit?
Thanks for being with me

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ShlomoWer » Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:54 pm

I ran the query
SELECT * FROM `4ub_action_logs_extensions` WHERE name like "%ari%" LIMIT 0, 25
and recevieved the answer
MySQL said: Documentation

#1054 - Unknown column 'name' in 'where clause'

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:37 pm

ShlomoWer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:54 pmSELECT * FROM `4ub_action_logs_extensions` WHERE name like "%ari%" LIMIT 0, 25
Scroll further and locate the table 4ub_extensions instead. That is the table where all the extensions are stored.

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:44 pm

ShlomoWer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:14 pmwhen I enabled the yubikey, that was when the site crashed
Are you sure this website uses Yubikey for authentication? It is a physical security key.

ShlomoWer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:14 pmyubikey is ok but the docviewer is the culprit?
The third party extension ARI Docs Viewer is the culprit because it is a Joomla 3 extension and not compatible with Joomla 4.

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

upgrade issues 0 Class "JController" not found

Post by ShlomoWer » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:38 pm

tried again to do the joomla upgrade to 4
got an error message
0 Class "JController" not found
any help would be appreciated
Last edited by toivo on Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mod note: merged with the current topic, cross posting not allowed in forum rules, available from https://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

toivo
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by toivo » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:00 am

ShlomoWer wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:38 pm0 Class "JController" not found
The error comes from a third party extension that is not compatible with Joomla 4.

We can still find out where exactly the error originates from. Turn on the option Debug System so that the error messages gives more details about the error, like the name of the script and line number, plus the PHP call stack.

If you are unable to access the backend of Joomla, use File Manager from the cPanel page provided by your host, write-enable the file configuration.php in the main Joomla folder and edit the following line:

public $debug = true;

ShlomoWer
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: upgrading to joomla 4, An error has occurred. 0 Class "JController" not found

Post by ShlomoWer » Wed Feb 07, 2024 7:53 pm

Hello,
I don't know if I should post a new thread
I keep trying to do my upgrade
I seem to need to redo from the backup , over and again
I keep getting this error message

An error has occurred.
0 Class "JController" not found

Return to “Migrating and Upgrading to Joomla! 4.x”