Search module with specific tag filter

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! 4.x.

Moderators: pe7er, General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
slavoisard2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Search module with specific tag filter

Post by slavoisard2 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:02 pm

Hi !
I'm looking for a Search Module for Joomla 4 where I can specify in the back office a specific Tag to filter the results. I want the search to show only articles using a specific tag. Anybody know one like that, I can't find this :(

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Search module with specific tag filter

Post by imanickam » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 am

The feature you are looking for is in the screen "Articles" that lists the articles.

When you are in the screen "Articles", click on the button "Filter Options" that is next to the Search box. One of the Filter options is Tag. This is the dropdown box that shows "- Select Tag -" Once you select a tag, the articles list will be filtered by the tag(s) selected.

Hope this is the feature you are looking for.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

slavoisard2
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by slavoisard2 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:42 am

Thanks, but I'm looking for a Search function in the front end, not the back end. I want users to be able to search for a content in the site searchbar, but in fact I'm showing only the results with a specific tag.
imanickam wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:15 am
The feature you are looking for is in the screen "Articles" that lists the articles.

When you are in the screen "Articles", click on the button "Filter Options" that is next to the Search box. One of the Filter options is Tag. This is the dropdown box that shows "- Select Tag -" Once you select a tag, the articles list will be filtered by the tag(s) selected.

Hope this is the feature you are looking for.

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:29 pm

I think that I misinterpreted your question. I thought that the questions was for the back-end.

If it is front-end, you could create a menu item of the type "Compact List of Tagged Items" or "Tagged Items" to accomplish what you want.

You could also review extensions such as JT Content Filter (https://extensions.joomla.org/extension ... nt-filter/) for their suitability to your need.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 4.x”