Main Menu disappears in mobile version Topic is solved

Everything to do with Joomla! 4.x templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
Joe Oomla
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Main Menu disappears in mobile version

Post by Joe Oomla » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:46 am

Dear community,

Thank you for your help in advance! Your advise is highly appreciated!

I am using a template, in which I have the lovliest menu in the header. This menu is called main menu on the backend/ astroid page (> header). I chose this main menu as a site menu and mobile menu.

However, when I go to the website via my phone, the mobile version (only) shows the-off canvas/ scroll-menu - not the main menu.

I know that I can switch the off-canvas menu on and off - but how do I "switch the main menu on"?

Of course I already tried to simply change the content of the off-canvas/ scroll-menu to equal the main menu. But I am stuck here as well, since the items in the main menu are no modules and thus thez do not have an individual position/ I can not create a new module and simply link item-x from the off-canvas menu to item-x from the main menu. Or can I?!

The goal is to have the content and function of the main menu on the mobile version as well as on the computer version.

Thank you again and looking forward to your ideas!
Joe

Per Yngve Berg
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Main Menu disappears in mobile version

Post by Per Yngve Berg » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:23 pm

Mod. Note: Relocated topic to the Templates Forum.

Joe Oomla
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Main Menu disappears in mobile version

Post by Joe Oomla » Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:41 pm

I found out the answer due to also posting in the Joompa Plates forum: Apparently, was the default colour of the main menu icon white - like the background. Thus I needed to change the colour of the menu on the astroid page to something other than white and voila - problem solved:))

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 4.x”