only category list slow

Discussion regarding Joomla! 5.x Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
abomareya
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

only category list slow

Post by abomareya » Sun Jan 07, 2024 7:47 am

The site's performance is normal except for one thing: there is a very slow loading of the Category List.

I checked everything and did not see a problem, to the point that I thought the problem was that I had created special fields for both articles and categories.
Greetings and Appreciation

abomareya
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: only category list slow

Post by abomareya » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:13 am

The problem is not solved. I am presenting ideas, but I do not know why this slowness?

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Pavel-ww » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:57 am

abomareya wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:13 am
The problem is not solved. I am presenting ideas, but I do not know why this slowness?
Hi. Link to the page?

abomareya
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by abomareya » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:58 pm

I do not know whether this is allowed or not.

Generally, I will place two links. The first link is to an article that works normally :
https://www.qelada.org/sh/alflsft-al-bthyt

and the second link is to the group to which the article belongs, which is very slow:
https://www.qelada.org/sh

Did you note the deference?

AMurray
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by AMurray » Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:55 pm

Yes, links to *joomla* sites are allowed (read the Forum Rules for clarification).

The second link took about 30 seconds to load, the first link loaded faster.

I don't have any solution.

Perhaps run the site through GTMetrix or Google PageInsights, they may give some clues as to what is causing the slow loading.
Regards - A Murray
General Support Moderator

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Pavel-ww » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:28 am

Hi.

This advertising script causes a long page load (check custom module with ID 113), since the link in it does not work.
1.jpg

Code: Select all

https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-5059082479533360
The browser is trying to establish the connection, but to no avail. This leads to a delay in the load of everything that is below this script.

2.jpg
3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

abomareya
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by abomareya » Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:25 am

Pavel-ww wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:28 am
Hi.

This advertising script causes a long page load (check custom module with ID 113), since the link in it does not work.

1.jpg

Code: Select all

https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js?client=ca-pub-5059082479533360
The browser is trying to establish the connection, but to no avail. This leads to a delay in the load of everything that is below this script.

2.jpg

3.jpg
Thank you for your support, but in fact I have removed all Google ads and the problem still persists. It is also logical that the problem is not in the ads, because the ads appear on all pages. Why is the category list specifically affected by it??

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Pavel-ww » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:26 pm

Turn off all the advertising modules and check. In fact, the page that you think is loaded quickly is also loaded slowly, it’s just not noticeably visually. There are no other reasons.

abomareya
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by abomareya » Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:59 pm

Pavel-ww wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:26 pm
Turn off all the advertising modules and check. In fact, the page that you think is loaded quickly is also loaded slowly, it’s just not noticeably visually. There are no other reasons.
I have done all the possible experiments, but the category lists are still very slow... I would like to wonder if anyone has tried creating a similar category list containing x0 topics, for example, using Joomla Five to examine and compare the performance?

Return to “Performance - Joomla! 5.x”