Greek Language 4.4.0.1 (as default) crashes Joomla 5 Topic is solved

General questions regarding the use of languages in Joomla! 5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
stavros8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Greek Language 4.4.0.1 (as default) crashes Joomla 5

Post by stavros8 » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:45 pm

I test upgraded from Joomla 4.4 to Joomla 5 while the Greek Language 4.4.0.1 was set as the default language, but unfortunately Joomla 5 presents error 500, whenever trying to save an article, a menu item, a module, or trying to access various parts of Joomla (e.g. Global Configuration).
The same error appears also when trying to view the website past the root page. When I switch the default language to English all problems disappear.

I faced no such problem with any other languge I am dealing with, even with one for which I use a version 3 (because it ceased to be available since before Joomla 4).

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Greek Language 4.4.0.1 (as default) crashes Joomla 5

Post by imanickam » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:56 pm

The Greek language pack v5.0.0.1 is available at https://downloads.joomla.org/language-p ... ek/5-0-0-1.

Can you download the language pack & install it as an extension and then test the site?
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

stavros8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Greek Language 4.4.0.1 (as default) crashes Joomla 5

Post by stavros8 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:55 am

The package v5.0.0.1 solved the problem.

Right before it, I completely uninstalled the Greek language package and installed the v4.4.0.1 as an extension but the problems persisted.

I merely upgraded (not installed as an extension) the v4.4.0.1 to v5.0.0.1 and everything now looks good.

Thank you

Return to “Language - Joomla! 5.x”