Google recaptcha checkbox (v2) missing after upgrade

Need help installing Joomla! 5.x? For all Joomla! 5.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
Phil91
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Google recaptcha checkbox (v2) missing after upgrade

Post by Phil91 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:03 pm

Hello experts,
I successfully upgraded one of my websites to Joomla 5 but for some reason I don't get, the only Google recaptcha option I can now see is the Invisible recaptcha. The old-style checkbox option is missing from the dropdown in the plugin config although it was available in 4.x.

Is there any way I can recover/download this plugin? I have checked the full package install with no luck

Thanks

Phil

nacc
I've been banned!

Re: Google recaptcha checkbox (v2) missing after upgrade

Post by nacc » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:27 pm

I'm unsure about the status of built-in support in Joomla 5 for Google reCAPTHCHA v2. According to this discussion posted at GitHub, it appears that it was removed from J! 5.x without any announcement or documentation. See also viewtopic.php?f=834&t=1004858.

Phil91
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Google recaptcha checkbox (v2) missing after upgrade

Post by Phil91 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:50 pm

Hi,
Thx for your reply. I posted a msg to request that this recaptcha v2 be added to the JED as suggested by one of the team members…We´ll see…

Return to “Installation Joomla! 5.x”