Trouble installing Joomla Topic is solved

Need help installing Joomla! 5.x? For all Joomla! 5.x installation issues please use this forum.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10
DKSharman
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Trouble installing Joomla

Post by DKSharman » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:38 am

I saw that I was not alone with this problem. It's only that Joomla developers now have a bad attitude, like Microsoft.

They think they can release unfinished rubbish that wastes hours of people's time because users are just scum and they have to put up with what we throw into their trough. I've wasted two days of my time messing around with this. If you want people to create nice, simple passwords that any kid can crack, you can keep your unfinished product.

If I were the first to waste time on this and it was a Eureka moment, I wouldn't mind. This has been happening since it was released. You only have to search for the complaints before mine.

Don't blame PHP I tried it with 8.0, 8.1, 8,2 and 8.3.

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:46 am

So the thousands of people who have J5 sites up and running with no problems are just lucky?

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:44 pm

Some of the devs may or may not have an attitude. But it is nearly impossible to test for every combination of server settings. Your problem here is most likely a path issue. After all it is your own server setup.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

Return to “Installation Joomla! 5.x”