How to integrate landing pages into Joomla site structure?

Discuss Search Engine Optimization in relation to Joomla! 5.x. This forum will also have discussions on SEF/SEO Joomla! 5.x extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Windows Defender SmartScreen Issues <-- please read this if using Windows 10.
miomio
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to integrate landing pages into Joomla site structure?

Post by miomio » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:47 am

I am running a very small local business (practitioner of mental health) and my website is well ranked for people who are searching for "psychotherapy + place name". But because of the shame aspect of taking help in psychotherapy, people would like to join therapy in some distance from their home. They want to avoid, beeing seen as in need of help - especially when in rural region. In spite of this, they keep searching at first at their home place - just out of habit.

Therefore I have to improve the visibility of my website on a regional scale. I want to do this by creating landing pages for each relevant place around my business. This would result in 26 landing pages, which should be ranked by Google by searching for "psychotherapy + place name".

Of course I don't want the landing pages visible on my website within a menu item or in the sitemap on the front-end or elsewhere. But they should be found by Google of course.

I have no clue, how to put these landing pages in the site structure, fulfilling all these conditions. I even don't know, if it would be possible to create landing pages, fulfilling these conditions. If so, I want ta ask here, wether it would be better solution, to create subdomains for each landing page, containing nothing but this page and adding a robots.txt which perhaps also can contain a link to the homepage.

I thoroughly have searched the web for answers to my question but didn't find any information. Also I have put this question in the German Joomla forum, but until now without any answer. I hope, I get some helping hints here!

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: How to integrate landing pages into Joomla site structure?

Post by gws » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:52 am

I think you need to rethink this. You can have one landing page ie index.html with a link through to the joomla site. I don't see how that could help.

miomio
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by miomio » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:22 am

You can have one landing page ie index.html with a link through to the joomla site.
If I would use the index.html to create a landing page, then each visitor would first access the landing page. That doesn't make sense. I want people searching from location A will see a landing page special for location A and so on. And from these landing pages, they can follow the CTA to the page with my offers and a booking calendar or they follow a pseudo navigation button which always lead to my homepage.

Yes, I am new to the theme, how to create landing pages. And I am not a real webdesigner :-)

gws
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by gws » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:29 am

I want people searching from location A will see a landing page special for location A and so on.
How are you going to determine where they are coming from? You can probably determine country, but not town.

miomio
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by miomio » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:39 am

How are you going to determine where they are coming from? You can probably determine country, but not town.
I thought, that I had described this in my first post?

If I am located at place A-town and someone, who looks for psychotherapy is located at place B-town, he will search for "psychotherapy + B-town". In this case, my website is not presented by Google, because my location is about 20km away from B-town. But the searcher would find my landing page, which seems to offer psychotherapy in B-town but in reality it will lead the visitor to the offers on my homepage at A-town.

To answer your question in short: The search items of the potential customer in conjunction with Google will lead him to the adequate landing page.

ceford
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by ceford » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:34 pm

Having 26 landing pages is not really practical. You could have a page containing a table of distances from your practice to towns within a certain distance, say 50Km. Couple that with a map and your searchers should find that page. It could be part of your Home page but would not have to be.

miomio
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by miomio » Tue Jan 30, 2024 8:02 pm

Thank you for your advice!
I already have realized this on my homepage since about three months. But when I do a Google Search, using the name of a neighbored town only 10 km from my location, then Google will not show up my website.
I also have tried to put these locations into Google Places Profile, but without any effort or change of the situation.

My thoughts about landing pages came up after all these measures did not have any effect.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:16 pm

To expect a search for a town to find your site in the first thousand pages would be optimistic. But to expect it to be in the top ten {censored to avoid being insulting}
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Pavel-ww » Wed Jan 31, 2024 10:47 am

miomio wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:47 am
Therefore I have to improve the visibility of my website on a regional scale. I want to do this by creating landing pages for each relevant place around my business. This would result in 26 landing pages, which should be ranked by Google by searching for "psychotherapy + place name".
Hi.

Technically, there are no obstacles to do it in Joomla. You do not need to use subdomains. They are more difficult to promote from scratch in the search.

There are two large areas in working with sites.
Creating a site - this forum is suitable for these issues.

Site promotion (SEO) - is a separate large subject. On this forum, it is not so well disclosed.

You better read articles or watch videos about SEO. For example, google the subject "How to promote in Google a separate web page in medium frequency, low frequency or geo search requests".

Based on the knowledge that you will receive, you will have to work on each of the 26 pages in the aspect of SEO.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:52 am

Sorry @Pavel-ww this is one subject where I disagree with you. Unless the website is very large and a huge amount of money is thrown at it then it is unlikely to get high search results. Snake oil.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

Pavel-ww
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Pavel-ww » Thu Feb 01, 2024 7:58 am

Webdongle wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:52 am
Sorry @Pavel-ww this is one subject where I disagree with you. Unless the website is very large and a huge amount of money is thrown at it then it is unlikely to get high search results. Snake oil.
Hi @Webdongle. I did not seem to say the opposite.

Of course, in order to promote the site you need to invest in it either a lot of money, or a lot of knowledge and time.
We always pay money only for the lack of knowledge or for the lack of time.

Return to “Search Engine Optimization (Joomla! SEO) in Joomla! 5.x”