Discuss Joomla! 3.2.0 Stable Released

A place to discuss recent announcements made by the Joomla! Core Team. Let's hear what you have to say.
sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.2.0 Stable Released

Post by sovainfo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Issue with migrating? Include logs/joomla_update.php in your report!
Blank screen? Verify pagesource for HTML code (javascript error)
Installation failing on populating database? Install with set_time_limit(0)
Document your customizations!

alaink2000
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by alaink2000 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Thank you sovainfo, but, with trackers, I'm not able to know when the new version is planned. Maybe for you, it's obvious, but not for me (and I'm not alone).

sovainfo
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by sovainfo » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:55 pm

From the tracker you'll be informed with progress, currently it is not releasable. Once it can be released it will, and once available it won't go unnoticed.
Issue with migrating? Include logs/joomla_update.php in your report!
Blank screen? Verify pagesource for HTML code (javascript error)
Installation failing on populating database? Install with set_time_limit(0)
Document your customizations!

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:30 am

So the plan is we'll release when we have a tested and working solution for the major issues in 3.2.0. Currently, the tracker item linked by sovainfo is the last thing on our list. November 26 (yesterday) was an initial estimate based on the info we were working with at the time, and obviously since the decision of that date, things changed and we had to alter our plans.

AlphaDesign
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by AlphaDesign » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:22 pm

aladarius wrote:After upgrading from 3.15 to 3.2, I'm getting:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getTag() on a non-object in /libraries/cms/application/site.php on line 305"
...on all front-end pages.
HELP!
I had the same issue when migrating a Joomla 3.2 site to a new host, the solution which works for me was only to go to the System>Global Configuration page and click on the Save Button
Alpha Design : Joomla Template Design & Development since 2005
alphadesign.fr/services/creation-de-sites-templates-joomla-responsives.html
alphadesign.fr

marcos_lima
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by marcos_lima » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:36 pm

I had a huge error when I tried to migrate server on a website I'm working on, mever seen that before "Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error". I tried several tutorials and none of them worked. Then, I uploaded it all again to a different folder inside the server and imported all the database again, it made the 3.2 work, but some of the modules and plugins are not working correctly.

Now I had the same "Error displaying the error page: Application Instantiation Error" in other website and not even doing the same steps is working.

neonate928
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by neonate928 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:13 pm

Just did the update. Have blank page on both front and back end. I've turned on maximum error reporting through configuration.

On front end receive error:
Fatal error: Call to protected method JApplicationSite::route() from context '' in /u01/www/html/index.php on line 46

On back end receive error:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method PlgUserJoomla::setDefaultEncryption() in /u01/www/html/libraries/joomla/user/helper.php on line 335

Any ideas?

neonate928
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by neonate928 » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:22 pm

I have fixed the issue. The problem was occurring because I did not have read/write access required to the joomla core files/folders on our server.

whyknott
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by whyknott » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:39 pm

For some reason my main control panel home page is smashed. This guy is having the same problem...http://ns2.icetheme.com/forum/question/ ... omla-3-2-0

After I upgraded from 3.1.5 to 3.2.0 the control panel info shows up in a slim one column and is all distorted.

Any idea how to fix??????? It looks like a problem with the Isis administrator template? I just tried overwriting the Isis CSS with the CSS file from the Upgrade package (3.2.0) and it still didn't fix it.

JAVesey
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by JAVesey » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:36 pm

Did the user clear his site and browser caches after upgrading?
John V
Cardiff, Wales, UK
Joomla 5.1.0 "live" site on PHP 8.2.15 and MariaDB 10.11.7
Joomla 5.1.0 on XAMMP for OSX with PHP 8.2.4 and MariaDB 10.4.28

whyknott
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by whyknott » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:44 pm

JAVesey,
Yes, I have cleared the Joomla cache and also cleared my browser cache. I just purged expired cache, cleared it again and its still showing like the screen shot from that link.

Thanks!

FlashRebel

Re: Updates on v3.2.1?

Post by FlashRebel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:04 am

Joomla 3.2.0 is totaly unstable, worse than alpha version of any other software.
50% functions of Joomla are useles .... almost nobody use it ... like this two factor authentication ... who wanna use ti ? Who wanna make harder login for users ?

This is really interesting, that normal registration - login does not work now, but we have two factors as extra, that for next realase we have another bugs and problems ...

Who decide in Joomla what to do ? 90 years old man from jungle ? Why Joomla have so unfashion old features and is it too complicated ... Why somebody dont trought to garbage 50% code from Joomla ?
Name and username during registration :D What is it ? Who like it ? Why is it still there ?

Who will fill in form - name, username, captcha, authentication and any other unwanted garbage if user can write email and password only ?
Last edited by imanickam on Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split the post from the topic http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=706&t=828559 and moved it to the topic http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=825287

alaink2000
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by alaink2000 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:22 am

You can follow http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... 04&start=0 for news!
is now "Fixed in SVN/GitHub"

We hope good news for next week !!! :D

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Updates on v3.2.1?

Post by leolam » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:42 pm

FlashRebel wrote:Joomla 3.2.0 is totaly unstable, worse than alpha version of any other software. 50% functions of Joomla are useles .... almost nobody use it ...
We know that J 3.2.0 has serious issues with User Management/Passwords and these issues have already been resolved in the (for instance by me tested!) forthcoming release of Joomla 3.2.1 (shortly from now; believe me!) I am clear that your reactions are lacking any material facts and are posted out of frustration. The statement is completely beyond reality and has no clear base to vent such reaction.
like this two factor authentication ... who wanna use ti ? Who wanna make harder login for users ?
Why Google for instance introduces this? Good question and the answer is well described on the Internet. Multiple banks do not allow access to Internet Banking for instance without 2-factor authentication or similar. All about security which we care for very much in Joomla! Also to make it clear: You can enable or disable that functionality by yourself ==> you do not have to use it so why complain?

The following remark is beyond acceptance for me
Who decide in Joomla what to do ? 90 years old man from jungle ?
and you as an almost one year Joomla user should appreciate the efforts the Joomla Community (and that includes you!!!) is making to give to the users the best possible CMS. Actually the Leadership Teams are very (positive and careful) aggressive and mature people who provide excellent Leadership to this Community: http://www.joomla.org/about-joomla/the- ... -team.html to learn more. Rest assured that in communications with the Leadership Teams the Community is very, very aggressively demanding progress and changes where needed and these people are part of this Community and they Do listen ( and if not we <community> make them listen! )

Please refrain from making offensive and insulting remarks to people who spend an tremendous amount of effort to the project as volunteers!!! You should be ashamed of yourself!

Instead of that please feel welcome to join the Joomla Bug Squad, write code and contribute with manuals on the Joomla Wiki if you feel things should be better?

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

crowderdr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by crowderdr » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:59 am

I know you guys are working hard on a 3.2.1 release, but is there any further update ? We had over sixteen pages of users who could not log in today with the only fix, changing their passwords for them

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:47 am

No promises, but I think next week is looking good for a release date.

crowderdr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by crowderdr » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:46 am

mbabker wrote:No promises, but I think next week is looking good for a release date.
Thanks I appreciate all the hard work :D

draculinos
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by draculinos » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:32 pm

Just my opinion.

I respect all the hard work and thanks all the ppls have spend time to test the solutions but I think that we are too late already.
The login problem its too serious to postpone the release so much time.

I believe that even only this problem requires a 3.2.1 version , I dont think we have a more serious problem than this, and now the solution has been merged I m wondering why we still waiting ....

Thanks

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Because since 3.2.0's release, several bug fixes have gone into the code, including fixing the major issues discussed here. We have a full release process to go through in order to prepare a release, which if done properly, takes about a week to execute. A release can be done much quicker if needed, such as a 0-day security vulnerability, but that is a rare time where we are more concerned with just fixing an issue and pushing a fix out. Included in that process is coordination with the many teams that are involved in making a release successful and pre-release testing to do our best to check for major issues. So while some may think another week to wait is going to cause more problems, in reality that time will be productively used by a lot of individuals who don't always get the public recognition they deserve for the effort they put into their work.

chaseme8
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by chaseme8 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:33 am

I tried most of the above, still database would not display.fix
added content_types in the database. which was missing

apprears to be racing now!

katim110
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by katim110 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:52 am

just updated to 3.1.6, so i guess its better to wait until 3.2.1? then upgrading now to 3.2.0?

imanickam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by imanickam » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:13 am

Suggest reviewing the Leadership Blog post http://community.joomla.org/blogs/leade ... ments.html.
Ilagnayeru (MIG) Manickam | இளஞாயிறு மாணிக்கம்
Joomla! - Global Moderators Team | Joomla! Core - Tamil (தமிழ்) Translation Team Coordinator
Former Joomla! Translations Coordination Team Lead
Eegan - Support the poor and underprivileged

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:27 am

katim110 wrote:just updated to 3.1.6, so i guess its better to wait until 3.2.1? then upgrading now to 3.2.0?
MIG made a good point but just wait a couple of more days and you will be going straight to J3.2.1 from 3.1.6 is my suggestion. Is you do not want to wait follow up on what Michael has written and do not (!) turn on "strong passwords!"

Leo 8)

crowderdr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by crowderdr » Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:03 am

mbabker wrote:Because since 3.2.0's release, several bug fixes have gone into the code, including fixing the major issues discussed here. We have a full release process to go through in order to prepare a release, which if done properly, takes about a week to execute. A release can be done much quicker if needed, such as a 0-day security vulnerability, but that is a rare time where we are more concerned with just fixing an issue and pushing a fix out. Included in that process is coordination with the many teams that are involved in making a release successful and pre-release testing to do our best to check for major issues. So while some may think another week to wait is going to cause more problems, in reality that time will be productively used by a lot of individuals who don't always get the public recognition they deserve for the effort they put into their work.
Again thanks for all the hard work. One of the biggest issues we have with the upgrade is the failure of the remember me function. I assume perhaps incorrectly it has to do with the hash issue but for the session variables. Has this been looked at for 3.2.1?

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by infograf768 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:59 am

We merged today a patch to correct remember me. It should work fine on 3.2.1.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

ManuelVoileux
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by ManuelVoileux » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:09 am

Hi everyone ,
BionicNellyWiz wrote::-[ Further to my earlier posting I had the same problem back again - this time on creating a user - something isn't right!
Have you had a look at http://alterbrains.com/blog/100-joomla- ... m-solution
Also quoted in http://forum.joomla.fr/showthread.php?1 ... onnu/page2

hope that helps

Manuel
Voileux.org

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:48 am

ManuelVoileux wrote:Hi everyone
First link to alterbrains is a dead link and do not make changes to core code where we are working very hard to resolve the outstanding issues. As JM already mentioned. Remember ME is also resolved and so are the password issues. Just wait a few days and you have the patched version.

We are running already on several sites a full blown test on daily updated latest "nightly build version" of J3.2.1 and it works now as expected. Please refer to this Leadership Blog entry by Michael Babker

Leo 8)

alaink2000
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by alaink2000 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:17 am

Hi everybody,
Thanks a lot for your hard work.
One question : Why the requirements still for php 5.3.1 ?
You know that cause problem but the "normal user", don't know.
Why not a requierment PHP 5.3.7 or more, if usable.

alaink2000
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by alaink2000 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi,
The RC (release candidate) is on line : http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla ... ge_id=6818
It's not yet the version stable but we approach the solution.

deleted user

Post by deleted user » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:46 pm

alaink2000 wrote:Hi everybody,
Thanks a lot for your hard work.
One question : Why the requirements still for php 5.3.1 ?
You know that cause problem but the "normal user", don't know.
Why not a requierment PHP 5.3.7 or more, if usable.
There is a concern for users in environments that would suddenly lose support if we raised the requirements without some sort of notification. This is something that has been discussed over the last month and continues to be reviewed with hopefully a formal announcement of our intentions coming soon.

Return to “Announcements Discussions”