Discuss Joomla! 3.4.8

A place to discuss recent announcements made by the Joomla! Core Team. Let's hear what you have to say.
gjohncock
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.4.8

Post by gjohncock » Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:14 pm

Per Yngve Berg wrote:Check that the file /home/.../public_html/includes/defines.php is not corrupted or empty.
the file was missing entirely - uploaded the file and the problem is resolved.

thanks

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:28 am

Works OK for me
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:28 pm

Webdongle wrote:Works OK for me
Works 4me too but how does such statement helps somebody who has issues? We have seen the solution as offered by Per on multiple sites--> THAT was helpful

Leo 8)
Joomla's #1 Professional Services Provider:
#Joomla Professional Support: https://gws-desk.com -
#Joomla Specialized Hosting Solutions: https://gws-host.com -

ozinm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.4.8 - Can't save Global Config Changes

Post by ozinm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:24 am

Anyone else having an issue with the save / save & close buttons since the upgrade?

ozinm
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Discuss Joomla! 3.4.8 - Can't save Global Config Changes[sol

Post by ozinm » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:18 pm

ozinm wrote:Anyone else having an issue with the save / save & close buttons since the upgrade?
Ignore me. I cleared the browser cache and it all worked fine.
Although the issue happened on all my browsers (FF & Chromium) so is it possible that the upgraded version of J! didn't like my old cache?

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.4.8 - Can't save Global Config Changes

Post by leolam » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:21 pm

ozinm wrote:
ozinm wrote:Although the issue happened on all my browsers (FF & Chromium) so is it possible that the upgraded version of J! didn't like my old cache?
The session storage method has been changed with 3.4.8 so anything you stored in your browser(s) should be deleted and restored with a restart of the Joomla admin-url

Leo 8)

wsfsb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wsfsb » Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:57 am

After trying everything, playing with Xcache, deleting session tables what worked for me was to extract the patch to the joomla root directory, then and i think most importantly was to edit the configuration.php line 20.

Change
public $live_site = '';

to
public $live_site = '/';

No longer being logged out on save, hope this helps.

rotor
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by rotor » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:04 am

I also have the problem of not being able to login to the backend on 3 sites after upgrading to 3.4.7. And even though I have reverted to 3.4.6 and then upgraded to 3.4.8 I still get the same error when I try to login to admin.

The error I am getting on a blank page is "The most recent request was denied because it contained an invalid security token. Please refresh the page and try again."

One upgrade was done using Joomla upgrade from the backend. The other two were auto upgrades via host softaculous.

I have tried disabling Akeeba - no change still get the same error.
I have tried disabling CleanTalk - no change still get the same error.
I as well as my host have cleared db sessions.
I have upgraded using all methods mentioned above and reverted back to an old backup successfully every time.

I found that if I just revert the files back to 3.4.6 and leave the db as it is all sites work again and I can access admin!
To be humble, is to know your place... to be humiliated, is to be put in your place ...

wsfsb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wsfsb » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:13 am

Have you checked how the config file is set to handle sessions?
Is it set to database?

rotor
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by rotor » Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:21 am

All three are set to - public $session_handler = 'database';
To be humble, is to know your place... to be humiliated, is to be put in your place ...

Chadifiable
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Chadifiable » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:10 am

Working on a new/clean install. After installing everything was working. Then Joomla updated from 3.4.2 to 3.4.8 and everything broke. I think my only problem left is the mbstring is not enabled, which i'm working with my host to have it enabled or move to a different host. Just wanting to make sure this is my last hiccup. I've personally worked with many Joomla sites as well as hosts and have never encountered the level of problems i've had this time :-\ .

EDIT: Work around found, there were non regular characters in a plug-in that was trying to be parsed without mbstring functionality it was failing.

Problem Description :: Forum Post Assistant (v1.2.4) : 24th February 2016 wrote:After an auto Joomla Update to 3.4.8 this started happening.
Log/Error Message :: Forum Post Assistant (v1.2.4) : 24th February 2016 wrote:Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_strtoupper() in /home/chadifiable/public_html/libraries/vendor/joomla/string/src/phputf8/mbstring/core.php on line 131
Last PHP Error(s) Reported :: Forum Post Assistant (v1.2.4) : 24th February 2016 wrote:[23-Feb-2016 07:47:50 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 72 bytes) in /home/chadifiable/public_html/libraries/gantry/core/utilities/gantrylesscompiler.class.php on line 3302
Actions Taken To Resolve by Forum Post Assistant (v1.2.4) 24th February 2016 wrote:In contact with Host to enable mbstring. Have a workaround for the out of memory execution error.
Forum Post Assistant (v1.2.4) : 24th February 2016 wrote:
Basic Environment :: wrote:Joomla! Instance :: Joomla! 3.4.8-Stable (Ember) 24-December-2015
Joomla! Platform :: Joomla Platform 13.1.0-Stable (Curiosity) 24-Apr-2013
Joomla! Configured :: Yes | Read-Only (444) | Owner: chadifiable (uid: 1/gid: 1) | Group: chadifiable (gid: 1) | Valid For: 3.4
Configuration Options :: Offline: 0 | SEF: 1 | SEF Suffix: 0 | SEF ReWrite: 1 | .htaccess/web.config: Yes | GZip: 0 | Cache: 0 | FTP Layer: 0 | SSL: 0 | Error Reporting: default | Site Debug: 0 | Language Debug: 0 | Default Access: 1 | Unicode Slugs: 0 | Database Credentials Present: Yes

Host Configuration :: OS: Linux | OS Version: 3.10.0-229.14.1.el7.x86_64 | Technology: x86_64 | Web Server: Apache/2.4.16 (Unix) OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_bwlimited/1.4 | Encoding: gzip, deflate | Doc Root: /home/chadifiable/public_html | System TMP Writable: Yes

PHP Configuration :: Version: 5.5.29 | PHP API: cgi-fcgi | Session Path Writable: Yes | Display Errors: 1 | Error Reporting: 24567 | Log Errors To: error_log | Last Known Error: 23rd February 2016 07:47:50. | Register Globals: | Magic Quotes: | Safe Mode: | Open Base: | Uploads: 1 | Max. Upload Size: 2M | Max. POST Size: 8M | Max. Input Time: 60 | Max. Execution Time: 60 | Memory Limit: 64M

MySQL Configuration :: Version: 5.5.48-cll (Client:5.5.48) | Host: --protected-- (--protected--) | Collation: latin1_swedish_ci (Character Set: latin1) | Database Size: 4.57 MiB | #of Tables: 71
Detailed Environment :: wrote:PHP Extensions :: Core (5.5.29) | date (5.5.29) | ereg () | libxml () | openssl () | pcre () | sqlite3 (0.7-dev) | zlib (2.0) | bcmath () | calendar () | ctype () | curl () | dom (20031129) | filter (0.11.0) | ftp () | gd () | hash (1.0) | iconv () | SPL (0.2) | json (1.2.1) | mcrypt () | session () | mysql (1.0) | standard (5.5.29) | Phar (2.0.2) | posix () | Reflection ($Id: dc76d2fe0f3e9c327c1d4ca617d94e26c7fae98d $) | mysqlnd (mysqlnd 5.0.11-dev - 20120503 - $Id: 15d5c781cfcad91193dceae1d2cdd127674ddb3e $) | SimpleXML (0.1) | sockets () | imap () | tokenizer (0.1) | xml () | xmlreader (0.1) | xmlwriter (0.1) | cgi-fcgi () | PDO (1.0.4dev) | pdo_sqlite (1.0.1) | pdo_mysql (1.0.2) | Zend Engine (2.5.0) |
Potential Missing Extensions :: zip | mbstring | mysqli | suhosin |

Switch User Environment (Experimental) :: PHP CGI: Yes | Server SU: Yes | PHP SU: Yes | Custom SU (LiteSpeed/Cloud/Grid): Yes
Potential Ownership Issues: No
Folder Permissions :: wrote:Core Folders :: --protected-- (755) | --protected-- (755) | --protected-- (755) | --protected-- (755) | --protected-- (755) | --protected-- (755) | --protected-- (755) | --protected-- (755) | --protected-- (755) | --protected-- (755) | --protected-- (755) | --protected-- (755) | --protected-- (755) |

Elevated Permissions (First 10) ::
Extensions Discovered :: wrote:Strict Information Privacy was selected. Nothing to display.
Templates Discovered :: wrote:_FPA_STRICT Information Privacy Nothing to display.
Last edited by Chadifiable on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

wsfsb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wsfsb » Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:36 am

The only way i have found to update to 3.4.8 before upgrading change the sessions type to none in config, then log out.
Upload the official upgrade patch to the root directory, extract it.
Then log back in, go to manage and fix the database to upgrade the database tables from your old version to 3.4.8 and you have 3.4.8 working 100%.

Webdongle
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by Webdongle » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:20 am

Updating by overwriting with a newer version can break your site.
http://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/
https://www.weblinksonline.co.uk/updating-joomla.html
"When I'm right no one remembers but when I'm wrong no one forgets".

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:48 pm

Webdongle wrote:Updating by overwriting with a newer version can break your site.
Can you please clarify that? If I upload with FTP the 3.4.8 and overwrite (example) 3.4.7 nothing breaks so please kindly clarify that statement?

Leo 8)

jgress-
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by jgress- » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:49 pm

I wonder about that too webdongle. What do you mean by that?
Co-author Using Joomla, Second Edition (migration/upgrade included) http://www.usingjoomlabook.com
Find a Joomla User Group (JUG) near you http://community.joomla.org/user-groups.html

leolam
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by leolam » Wed Feb 24, 2016 2:55 pm

wsfsb wrote:After trying everything, playing with Xcache, deleting session tables what worked for me was to extract the patch to the joomla root directory, then and i think most importantly was to edit the configuration.php line 20.

Change
public $live_site = '';

to
public $live_site = '/';

This is not a solution and I strongly advise other users not to follow this 'advise'. This will lead to unwanted errors when SEF enabled among others. The live site should be empty in configuration.php and the forward slash shows that your server is badly configured. Connect with your host and show them your post and tell them that this should not happen. Check that your Session Path is Writable

Leo 8)

wsfsb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by wsfsb » Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:57 pm

leolam wrote:
wsfsb wrote:After trying everything, playing with Xcache, deleting session tables what worked for me was to extract the patch to the joomla root directory, then and i think most importantly was to edit the configuration.php line 20.

Change
public $live_site = '';

to
public $live_site = '/';

This is not a solution and I strongly advise other users not to follow this 'advise'. This will lead to unwanted errors when SEF enabled among others. The live site should be empty in configuration.php and the forward slash shows that your server is badly configured. Connect with your host and show them your post and tell them that this should not happen. Check that your Session Path is Writable

Leo 8)
Seeing I said it, I agree. It did help me recover access after i did the automated update as it changed something. It isn't needed if the update is uploaded after changing sessions to none. Have had no troubles with 3.4.8 on over 50 sites.

larrygraus
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Discuss Joomla! 3.4.8-Solving File Permission

Post by larrygraus » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:57 pm

Multitudes of reasons for File being unable to update or being accessed, but there is only one source for all of those reasons
These issues include, but are not limited to:
•Being unable to remove/delete files and folders using an FTP client.
•Not able to CHMOD in order to set file permissions.
•When deleting modules and templates, installation/uninstallation occasionally becomes corrupt.
•Unable to overwrite templates or extensions via an FTP client that were originally installed from an extension manager.
The simple fact, that your FTP server houses two different server groups – one, which is being used by you and the second, which is being used by Apache and Joomla and which is more privileged that yours one. It happens when you already have an FTP account(s) at your website during Joomla installation and do not insert its credentials when Joomla asks you to set up an FTP account, leaving CMS to use the default settings
Last edited by imanickam on Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Per the Forum Rules, removed the manual signature. Kindly do not repeat this in the future.

Return to “Announcements Discussions”