The Joomla! Forum ™

Forum rules

Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.

Post subject: Shortcut Keys
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 7:21 pm 
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

I'm a keyboard kind of guy so if anyone can point me towards a PDF (of any other format) list of the keyboard shortscuts (if they exist) I'd appreciate it. I'm building my first website in Joomla and seeing the changes on the go really helps me understand what I'm doing. So, I have to  keep mousing to Site - Preview - In New Window, when my keyboard has a CTRL key sitting idle. Tks in advance.

PS is there way to change the "Header" in the template I'd downloaded. I'd like to add my co. logo, change the color et al.

PSS Joomla is amazing and so are all the people working in / with it. I'm certain to be a Joomla user for a very long time.

Post subject: Re: Shortcut Keys
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:24 am 
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

To the best of my knowledge there are no shortcut keys, Joomla! is designed as a very " visual " application, thus mouse control mainly.

To modify the look and feel of the template, edit the files in the " templates/

Post subject: Re: Shortcut Keys
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:18 pm 
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Chucktowner wrote:
I'm a keyboard kind of guy so if anyone can point me towards a PDF (of any other format) list of the keyboard shortscuts (if they exist) I'd appreciate it. I'm building my first website in Joomla and seeing the changes on the go really helps me understand what I'm doing. So, I have to  keep mousing to Site - Preview - In New Window, when my keyboard has a CTRL key sitting idle. Tks in advance.

PS is there way to change the "Header" in the template I'd downloaded. I'd like to add my co. logo, change the color et al.

PSS Joomla is amazing and so are all the people working in / with it. I'm certain to be a Joomla user for a very long time.

Hey there -- what I usually do is have two browsers open; when I save in my control panel, I then click to open the other browser and refresh it...it'll show the changes immediately.  Makes it easy.

I'm just now trying to figure it all out too, and so far I haven't been able to change the header to my logo either.  Very frustrating and it doesn't tell you how in the manual -- have you figured it out?  I know the other esteemed poster said to "edit" the template, but unfortunately he didn't say "how" to do this, so I'm still clueless.  I usually work on html in Notepad, so this php is all new for me - PLMK if you've figured it out yet!

Thanks...