Chess component, Recipe component, and SMF searchbot

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
Dagonee
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Chess component, Recipe component, and SMF searchbot

Post by Dagonee » Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:50 pm

I just set up DocMan at http://www.princeclan.com. There are three components: The recipe component has been in use on my site for about a year, the chess club for about two months, and the SMF searchbot about one month.

Support will be provided in this forum. Upgrade plans will be published at some point in the future.

My intent is take it in the direction of whichever fork I end up using. This will almost certainly be whatever the core development team develops.

Slixter
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Re: Chess component, Recipe component, and SMF searchbot

Post by Slixter » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:42 pm

Thanks for the contributions, gonna have to check them out.  ;D

--Slixter
--Search the forums and you will find your answer

Dagonee
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Dagonee » Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:36 pm

I have uploaded v 0.6 of the chess component at the links above. It contains a few minor bug fixes, plus two new features:
  • A user can now export a game in PGN format, which can be read by most chess programs.
  • All text strings are now in a separate file for internationalization. Currently, there are people who will be creating Italian, Dutch, French, and Romanian language files. Other languages are of course welcome. See README.TXT for instructions.
If you have already installed v 0.5, be sure to update your installation according to the instructions in README.TXT or you might lose all your games.

aravot
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by aravot » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:14 pm

Miss placed links

New Game is pointing to Complete Games
and
Complete Games poiting to New Game

Dagonee
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Dagonee » Sat Sep 03, 2005 7:30 pm

Thanks for the catch. I don't use those links on my site (I use menu items instead), and that slipped past me during testing.

I've fixed it, but can't upload it until later. If you go to lines 42-45 in components/com_pcchess/pcchess.php and change them to this:

Code: Select all

echo "   <li class=\"pcc_toplinks\"><a href=\"" . $mosConfig_live_site . "/index.php?option=com_pcchess&Itemid=" . 
	 pcc_GetItemIdCompleteGameMenuID() . "&page=allcompletegames\">" . $pcc_lang['toplink_completegames'] . "</a></li>";
	echo "   <li class=\"pcc_toplinks\"><a href=\"" . $mosConfig_live_site . "/index.php?option=com_pcchess&Itemid=" . 
	 pcc_GetItemIdNewGameMenuID() . "&page=newgame\">" . $pcc_lang['toplink_newgame'] . "</a></li>";
it should work for you. The problem was that $pcc_lang['toplink_completegames'] was swapped with $pcc_lang['toplink_newgame'].

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:44 am

@Dagonee, thank you for the component! have checked the demo you gave in the recipe component and it looks great!

question, have you posted this in the http://developer.joomla.org ??
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

http://www.joomlaconsultancy.net

Dagonee
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Dagonee » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:41 pm

The recipe component has been developed fairly extensively by someone else (I can't remember his name right now). Hopefully he will post this version - it includes quite a few new features.

I will post the chess component after I package the langauge files (Italian is done and Dutch should be forthcoming) and test it on Joomla. But, I need to upgrade my site first, and that requires a long weekend in case something happens.

But yes, I will add it to developer.joomla.org at some point.

Dagonee
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Dagonee » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:06 pm

The Italian language file for the Prince Clan Chess component, created by Marian Tanase, is now available in the download section of http://www.princeclan.org. It requires v. 0.7 of the component.

A Dutch language file by Fardo will be available in the future.

Please use the forums at http://www.princeclan.org for support - I'll notice those posts sooner than I will here.

I have not yet tested with Joomla. If anyone is running the component on Joomla, can you let me know if it worked correctly?

Thanks!

gecko5
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gecko5 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:59 pm

I just installed it in  Joomla! 1.0.1 Stable [ Sunburst ] 21-Sep-2005 16:30 UTC

I have no back end functionality (On Purpose?) and seem to only do anything through the front end.
I have no ability to add categories.
At this point the only thing i think i can do is create a recipe (Through front end), however i cannot save it as i can't create any categories to assign the new recipe too!!!

Too bad as i am in the process of rebuilding my personal family site in joomla/g2 and this is a function that i wanted to have included in v2.0 of my site.

Cheers,
Do you need inexpensive, efficient hosting?
http://www.mtbhost.com/lpanel/signup
Signature rules: literal urls only and no affiliate links

Dagonee
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Dagonee » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:10 pm

The recipe component has no back end features. Categories and category groups are added directly through the database. Someone has developed a later version with some back end functionality; I can't remember who.

I thought the component came with a script to add categories. I'll check it out. If not, I'll post one sometime next week.

This was written for my own site on limited time, and I didn't need the back end functionality.

Slixter
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Slixter » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:11 pm

The current stable version of Joomla! is 1.0.2 [Sunset] 02-Oct-2005 16:00 UTC

http://www.joomla.org/content/blogcategory/32/66/

--Slixter
--Search the forums and you will find your answer

Dagonee
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Dagonee » Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:32 pm

I have reports that the component works fine under Joomla. I still haven't thoroughly tested this myself, but there are at least a couple of sites using it that way.

Also, the Dutch version has been released at http://www.princeclan.org.

Thanks to Cor Kamstra for doing the translation work.

Dagonee
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Dagonee » Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:14 pm

The German Translation, by Gerhard Welte, has been released at http://www.princeclan.org. Also, the latest version, 0.8, fixes a bug in the way the algabraic notations for each piece were translated.

d3vlabs
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by d3vlabs » Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:29 am

I started playing a game and ditched it, took about a day to get 5 moves from each side. I like the idea but I wonder if there something real time that could be integrated. anyways i got intrigued by that and headed to freshmeat. apparently there are some java based free chess scripts. I will probably try to put something together later.

Dagonee
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Dagonee » Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:49 am

The Spanish language file (graciously provided by Aarón Santín) is now posted at http://www.princeclan.org.

d3vlabs, I'm thinking I can do something with Ajax to provide for auto-update, but it's going to have to wait until I pass the bar exam.

silentz
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

SMF searchbot - how to get it running

Post by silentz » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:20 am

OK, I've only just learnt about searchbots here, so I'm probably missing something obvious. Right now I'm running J! 1.08, SMF 1.1 RC2 w Oristo's 1.13 bridge in English. From the readme, there's nothing I need to do. So far I've:

1. Uploaded the mambot
2. Set it to "Published"
3. Changed the name of the mambot file in admin to smf.search.php and saved.

I'm not seeing anything different in my searches. No error messages. No forum results. Is there anything else I should be doing to get this searchbot "active"?
Howdy!

Dagonee
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Dagonee » Tue Apr 18, 2006 3:42 pm

Which version of the Searchbot are you using? It should be "SMF Searchbot for Orstio's Bridge 1.1.3" from this page. If you are using this version, then we'll have to do a little more research.

BTW, I almost didn't see this. If you need more help, you'll probably get a faster response at the forums at princeclan.org

Cya
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Cya » Thu May 11, 2006 12:41 pm

I Installed this component correctly. But, once each player has done a movement the next one cant be done. It points to a page with the text "Its your opponen't move", withount the board or any chess piece. And the move has not been done.

I tried locally and all run perfectly under joomla 1.08. But does not work with a Joomla 1.07 and PHP 4.1.2 in a remote production server.

Thanks in advance!
Joomla 1.0.12
PHP 4.3.9-3.22
Apache 2.0.52-22
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4

Cya
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Cya » Thu May 11, 2006 11:54 pm

Finally fixed upgrading the whole site to the latest 1.0.8 version.

A very hard task due to the amount of hacks done, so, If anyone can put some light in this thread consider other users whitout the possibility of upgade.
Joomla 1.0.12
PHP 4.3.9-3.22
Apache 2.0.52-22
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”