yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
robiw
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Post by robiw » Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:28 pm

Using newest release 1.0.7 and SVN 9064.

Installed both component and plugin and manually created table jos_yvcomment as still getting SQL 'LIKE' error on standard install.

When accessing yvcomment in component dropdown get:

Joomla! was unable to locate the stated resource
component not found
regards
RobiW

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:24 pm

robiw wrote: Installed both component and plugin and manually created table jos_yvcomment as still getting SQL 'LIKE' error on standard install.
Hi, this doesn't work because 'LIKE' is used inside function, that checks if Table exists  :(
It seems yvComment won't work on MySQL v. < 4.1 without changing its code.
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

robiw
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by robiw » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:27 pm

the version of MySql is 4.4.1

once component and plugin were installed, without jos_yvcomment table being created, it was added manually as a copy of jos_comment and renamed.

--robiw
regards
RobiW

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:48 am

yvolk wrote:
robiw wrote: Installed both component and plugin and manually created table jos_yvcomment as still getting SQL 'LIKE' error on standard install.
Hi, this doesn't work because 'LIKE' is used inside function, that checks if Table exists  :(
It seems yvComment won't work on MySQL v. < 4.1 without changing its code.
robiw wrote: the version of MySql is 4.4.1
So it looks like my usage of 'LIKE' operator is somewhat incompatible with your version of MySQL. I think, problem is in the 'TableExists_db' function in 'components/com_yvcomment/helpers.php'. May you investigate the cause of this problem: is this MySql bug or what?
Edited: I've just checked MySQL Lifecycle Policy, and it tells, that active support of 4.X versions ended last year. So does it worth to spend our time on it?
Last edited by yvolk on Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

CoolAcid
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by CoolAcid » Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:37 pm

If you are having issues with the Captcha plugin, details can be found: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,218637.0.html
Thank you for calling the GOD department. What Now?
- My Blog: http://www.coolacid.net

Mika3l
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mika3l » Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:02 pm

Hi!
First of all, thanks for a good plugin!
I've just have one problem. On the frontpage the "Comment (x)" makes the position of the following article title wrong. How can I change this (like make
after or something)?
Also, I've made an translation file for Swedish users that I will upload further on! :)
Last edited by Mika3l on Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blost
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by blost » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:52 am

Hi,
I love your comment plugins, but I think there is some weird thing, I'd would to ask...
I am using Joomla 1.5 RC2 without any other plugins or extension (for test purpose only) on my XAMPP.
Installation for ur plugins and component were success.
Afer setting the plugins and published, all seem working well.
Try to give a comment, the result was ok too.

But when I check, via PHPmyAdmin, I found that the comment is save in the jos_content not in the jos_yvcomment
and after I create a menu, for Section Blog Layout for the related commented section, all of the comments also appear here. (Because of the comments were saved in the jos_content).
Is it how ur plugins work? or There is something I miss?
Should the comments save in the jos_yvcomment rite?

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:53 am

Mika3l wrote: I've just have one problem. On the frontpage the "Comment (x)" makes the position of the following article title wrong. How can I change this (like make
after or something)?
As I see, there is some conflict between CSS of your template and CSS of yvComment (or absence of CSS for yvComment HTML...)
So you have to play with CSS definitions.
My advice is:
1. Turn off "Use Default CSS file" option of yvComment (it is in "Advanced parameters" now) and see, what you get without special formatting of yvComment.
2. Use style definitions from "components/com_yvcomment/assets/default.css" as starting point for customization of your template.

Whats about adding "some
" - it is not needed, because yvComment HTML text is already wrapped in DIVs, so you have to define their positions...
Mika3l wrote: Also, I've made an translation file for Swedish users that I will upload further on! :)
I'm waiting for your files, please send them by email (its on the bottom of the Homepage)

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:00 am

blost wrote: But when I check, via PHPmyAdmin, I found that the comment is save in the jos_content not in the jos_yvcomment
and after I create a menu, for Section Blog Layout for the related commented section, all of the comments also appear here. (Because of the comments were saved in the jos_content).
Is it how ur plugins work? or There is something I miss?
Should the comments save in the jos_yvcomment rite?
Hi and thank you for your response!
Your question is known to me  :), and I tried to write detailed information about this on the yvComment's Homepage. Please, read it!
In short: Yes, you can have comments in separate table, if you configure yvComment accordingly.
Good luck!

blost
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by blost » Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:13 am

Wow... thanks again for your answers, Now I understand it. Smart way, to provide latest comment.  ;D
Thank you.... I really looking forward for your next project like this project.

:-*

Maybe, I'll email you for the Indonesian Language version.

Mika3l
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Mika3l » Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:43 pm

yvolk wrote:
Mika3l wrote: I've just have one problem. On the frontpage the "Comment (x)" makes the position of the following article title wrong. How can I change this (like make
after or something)?
As I see, there is some conflict between CSS of your template and CSS of yvComment (or absence of CSS for yvComment HTML...)
So you have to play with CSS definitions.
My advice is:
1. Turn off "Use Default CSS file" option of yvComment (it is in "Advanced parameters" now) and see, what you get without special formatting of yvComment.
2. Use style definitions from "components/com_yvcomment/assets/default.css" as starting point for customization of your template.

Whats about adding "some
" - it is not needed, because yvComment HTML text is already wrapped in DIVs, so you have to define their positions...
Mika3l wrote: Also, I've made an translation file for Swedish users that I will upload further on! :)
I'm waiting for your files, please send them by email (its on the bottom of the Homepage)
Thanks, it helped! :)
The email is on it's way!

rufuz
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by rufuz » Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:06 am

Hi,

I have a short wishlist:

1. pagination (I think you are working on it, after looking at your website...). I'd want to suggest you to see how maxcomment pagination  works: It is a good example  NOT to  follow. I mean I'd like a separate pagination article/comments.

2. I'd like the option to open comment reading/writing in a separate popup, again, differently from maxcomment. Comments and form only in the popup, not the repetition of the whole article... 

I don't have any idea if what I'm asking is a programming challenge...  :-[ so if it is just ignore this list  ;)

bye

ricc.

simplr
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by simplr » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:03 am

Hi, I am testing the plugin and it seems ok on 1.5 RC3. There's a few things on my wishlist, but sofar so good!

I read that yvcomment is available in Dutch as well.

How/where can I activate or download the Dutch version/translation?

Thanks,
Ronald
http://www.simplr.nl

currently on wordpress but planning a migration to Joomla, so I'll be nagging for a while

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:29 am

simplr wrote: I read that yvcomment is available in Dutch as well.
How/where can I activate or download the Dutch version/translation?
Hi, Ronald!
Dutch language files are already in the package, see:
yvCommentComponentX.XX.XXX.zip/www/administrator/language/nl-NL/nl-NL.plg_content_yvcomment.ini
yvCommentComponentX.XX.XXX.zip/www/administrator/language/nl-NL/nl-NL.com_yvcomment.ini
yvCommentPluginX.XX.XXX.zip/www/language/nl-NL/nl-NL.com_yvcomment.ini

- these files (like other language files) are installed automatically only if you have Joomla! Dutch language pack installed on your site before installing yvComment (You should see this language in the backend in the "Extensions->Language Manager".
"Joomla! accredited translations may be found here: http://dev.joomla.org/content/view/42/66/

simplr
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by simplr » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:39 am

awww bummer ... my mistake. I installed the Dutch language pack AFTER installing yvcomment.

To fix this, is it safe to use Winmerge to merge the component and plugin files to my joomla install or should I uninstall and install again?

Thanks a lot for your kind help,
Ronald
http://www.simplr.nl

currently on wordpress but planning a migration to Joomla, so I'll be nagging for a while

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:43 pm

simplr wrote: awww bummer ... my mistake. I installed the Dutch language pack AFTER installing yvcomment.

To fix this, is it safe to use Winmerge to merge the component and plugin files to my joomla install or should I uninstall and install again?
I think, it is safe to copy that language files to their places (to the same dirs as in ZIPs...).

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

yvComment - version 1.8.0 released

Post by yvolk » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:17 pm

What's new in this version:
1. Added pagination of Comments in plugin mode. You have to turn pagination on in yvComment plugin parameters. Due to Joomla! restriction of JPagination class, only one pagination control may be on a page. So yvComment turns on "pagination of comments" for particular page (Menu item) only if pagination for this Menu item is turned off.
2. Fixed bug of previous release: no Comments were visible in the "List of Comments" view (in the backend also).
3. Quite a lot of refactoring, so new bugs may appear at first...
4. Added translation: Swedish translation (Thanks to Mikael Karlsson (aka Mika3l)).

This version works both for Joomla! 1.5 RC2 and RC3... Welcome!

MarkV
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MarkV » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:42 pm

Question, does this plugin work in legacy mode?
Joomla insite

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:12 pm

MarkV wrote: Question, does this plugin work in legacy mode?
I've just tried this: looks like it does  :)

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

yvComment - version 1.9 released

Post by yvolk » Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:31 pm

What's new in this version:
1. Added BBCode support. To have BBCodes support:
  • Install (and enable!) yvBBCode extension.
  • Set "Use BBCode form buttons" to "yes" in yvComment
  • Enable BBCodes replacement for the whole page in yvBBCode
    or set "Replace BBCodes in text" to "yes" in yvComment
2. Added options for Smileys: "Use Smiley form buttons" and "Replace Smileys in text" just like for BBCodes.

bigodines
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by bigodines » Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:33 pm

well done yvolk and coolacid! glad to see things that are "J!1.5 only" :D

romaingires
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: yvComment - version 1.9 released

Post by romaingires » Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:23 pm

Hi

I install 1.5RC3 then install yvCommentComponent1.09.000 + plugin
Installation is good but I can not post a comment

Error 500
Layout "blog" not found

see probleme her http://composant.gires.net/

Perhaps a problem with SEF?

A + Romain
Last edited by romaingires on Mon Oct 22, 2007 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: yvComment - version 1.9 released

Post by yvolk » Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:38 am

romaingires wrote: I install 1.5RC3 then install yvCommentComponent1.09.000 + plugin
Installation is good but I can not post a comment
Error 500
Layout "blog" not found
see probleme her http://composant.gires.net/
Perhaps a problem with SEF?
I just tried to post comment on your web site and got information message: "Guest user account is not set. Please set 'Username of Guest' option." - that is absolutely legal. See more details in the 7. of the "Quick Start" section of the yvComment Homepage.
So everything looks good  :)
I'm attaching screenshot to this message.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

psgeeks
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by psgeeks » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:04 pm

Great plugin - Thanks for your time and effort - i'm sure that has been lots of hard work.

One quick question.  does yvcomment support making an email address along with name required to post a comment?  It would be nice if it does.  Thanks!
http://www.PeopleSoftGeeks.com

Life can only be understood backwards but it must be lived forwards.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:58 am

psgeeks wrote: does yvcomment support making an email address along with name required to post a comment?  It would be nice if it does.
yvComment allows link to "Your website" (both for guests and for registered users) along with name. And this link is not required. See more details in p.4 and p.7.3 of Quick Start section.
I think link to a site is enough... Who will write email to some unregistered "guest"?
On the other hand, if user is registered, you may attach "Contact" information to him (this is standard Joomla! feature...) and, maybe, yvComment should link (optionally) not to the "Web page" of this Contact, but to the page with this contact information (Like "Profile" in this forum), which contains both web page link and email...
Last edited by yvolk on Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

1nf1n17yLOVE
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by 1nf1n17yLOVE » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:18 pm

Hello yfolk,
tried to add captcha but will not show any image :(
The system-captcha plugin is enabled and i treid i think all settings. Using joomla 1.5 release from 5th october.
Treid with 2 diffrent themes ...

Everything else seems to work ...

Suggestion:
Email Notification on new comments.

And would it be possible to add the comment function to eg. DOCman?

Cheers, 1L/gm
Last edited by 1nf1n17yLOVE on Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1nf1n17yLOVE
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by 1nf1n17yLOVE » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:11 am

Hi,
i updated to the latest joomla 1.5 release (SVN) and it works now :-)

Thanks, Laura

Devil
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Devil » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:03 pm

Hi,

installed on actually SVN from last Night... works fine. thx for your Extensions.

Now some "wishes"  :-[ : and Bug-Reports

- Check Username and Usernick to prevend use Names/Nicks from other User. Check of Username is already in the Extension but not a check of the UserNick.

- Minimal Wordcount to apply Comment

- Templates for Comments (?)

Some Validating "Errors" on Frontpage....

Code: Select all

<div class='yvComment' id='yvComment'>
Warning: anchor "yvComment" already defined
An anchor with the same name is already defined. Each anchor should be unique.

Edith says:
A spezial Plugin-Tag would be nice to exclude some Articles from Commenting
Example: {nocommet} in an Content make the Comments disabled

Edith says again:
If Admin is logged in (FE) and shows the comments an unpublish Button for an comment would be nice

Edith the 3rd
Longwords don´t break! See attachment...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Devil on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
mfg Devil

http://www.joomla-aktuell.de - Joomla-Aktuell - a German Joomla News Site

dcaceres
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by dcaceres » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:10 am

Hi! Please I need your help. I'm newbie with CSS...
How I can change the style for the link Add Coment (in spanish: Agregue su comentario)??  ???

See the image:

Devil
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Devil » Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:15 am

Hi,

the best way : A linkt to your Site make it easier for people that would help ;)
mfg Devil

http://www.joomla-aktuell.de - Joomla-Aktuell - a German Joomla News Site

Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”