yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

This forum is for general questions about extensions for Joomla! version 1.5.x.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
zarkon
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun May 21, 2006 5:54 pm

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby zarkon » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:38 pm

Hi Yuri,

it's me again with some problem:

As soon as yvcomment plugin is activated, a HEAD request to any of my pages is responded by an error 500:

Code: Select all

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 15:34:14 GMT
Server: Apache
Status: 500 View not found [name, type, prefix]: article,html,yvcommentView


Whereas normally (plugin deactivated) the response is like this:

Code: Select all

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 15:29:27 GMT
Server: Apache


The pages show fine in browser, though.... GET works as expected with status 200.
But as have a monitor which uses HEAD request, I always get by site marked as "offline" since I started testing yvcomments...

Any idea what went wrong?

zarkon

User avatar
dzed
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 994
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:40 pm
Location: Constantine, Algeria
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby dzed » Tue Dec 25, 2007 9:11 pm

1 - if i enter wrong email i get this error

Code: Select all

INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS


2 - if i use 'phpBB Smiley set'  for 2 or 3 days and switch to other 'Smiley set'  all aproved comment lost smiley-(image) and in text its only cod like this comment

Code: Select all

hello its test only :)
 :geek:
Saber Bousba - صابر بوصبع
Member of the Arabic [ar-DZ] Joomla Translation Team :  http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/ardz/

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:48 am

zarkon wrote:Hi Yuri,

it's me again with some problem:

As soon as yvcomment plugin is activated, a HEAD request to any of my pages is responded by an error 500:

Code: Select all

HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 15:34:14 GMT
Server: Apache
Status: 500 View not found [name, type, prefix]: article,html,yvcommentView


Whereas normally (plugin deactivated) the response is like this:

Code: Select all

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 15:29:27 GMT
Server: Apache


The pages show fine in browser, though.... GET works as expected with status 200.
But as have a monitor which uses HEAD request, I always get by site marked as "offline" since I started testing yvcomments...

Any idea what went wrong?

zarkon

Very interesting. It looks like your "HEAD request" in processed in some other way, than "Normal browser request"  :)
I didn't test this, of cause, and I even don't know, what tool to use to generate that "HEAD request"  ???
Please point me to the right direction, so I can duplicate this problem (for development, I'm using Windows, though...)
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:55 am

dzed wrote:1 - if i enter wrong email i get this error

Code: Select all

INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS


This means, that your language files don't have this 'constant' (i.e. some 'language/xx-XX/something.ini' file should have the line:
INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS=Some words in your language about wrong email address

This is about translation... you may start from finding this line in en-EN folder to figure out, where to put it in your language  :)

dzed wrote:2 - if i use 'phpBB Smiley set'  for 2 or 3 days and switch to other 'Smiley set'  all aproved comment lost smiley-(image) and in text its only cod like this comment

Code: Select all

hello its test only :)
 :geek:


This means, that you have to add these codes to the new 'Smiley set file'
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

User avatar
dzed
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 994
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:40 pm
Location: Constantine, Algeria
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby dzed » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:00 pm

ok
i down today yvComment  v.1.11.1, (0.1Mb) last changed: December 25, 2007  and no code
INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS=
in en-GB.com_yvcomment.ini
i add this line

Code: Select all

INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS=Address does not appear to be a valid e-mail address


here

Code: Select all

GUEST_USER_ACCOUNT_ERROR=Guest user account is not set. Please set 'Username of  Guest' option.
INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS=Address does not appear to be a valid e-mail address
JOOMLA_VERSION_ERROR=<strong>Error!</strong> This version of Joomla! is ...................


and new work great i have this message ifthe email is not valide

Code: Select all

Address does not appear to be a valid e-mail address


if you change this line like this

Code: Select all

INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS=The address '%s' does not appear to be a valid e-mail address

'%s'  = the invalide adresse, e.g. if my wrong adresse is MyName.MySite.net the message is

Code: Select all

The address MyName.MySite.net does not appear to be a valid e-mail address
Saber Bousba - صابر بوصبع
Member of the Arabic [ar-DZ] Joomla Translation Team :  http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/ardz/

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:31 pm

dzed wrote:ok
i down today yvComment  v.1.11.1, (0.1Mb) last changed: December 25, 2007  and no code
INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS=
in en-GB.com_yvcomment.ini

INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS is already used in Joomla! core (in com_user component) and is defined in file:
'language/en-GB/en-GB.com_user.ini'
As I understand, you should add your translated line to the same (your language) file, not in language file of yvComment...
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

User avatar
dzed
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 994
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:40 pm
Location: Constantine, Algeria
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby dzed » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:36 pm

yah in Joomla! 1.5\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_mailto.ini i have this line

Code: Select all

EMAIL_INVALID=The address '%s' does not appear to be a valid e-mail address


but wen i enter invalide email in yvComment i get INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS i have add this line in yvComment language

Code: Select all

INVALID_EMAIL_ADDRESS=Address does not appear to be a valid e-mail address
i get this

Code: Select all

Address does not appear to be a valid e-mail address

???
Saber Bousba - صابر بوصبع
Member of the Arabic [ar-DZ] Joomla Translation Team :  http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/ardz/

User avatar
dzed
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 994
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:40 pm
Location: Constantine, Algeria
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby dzed » Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:38 pm

I have other question
how to desable yvComment in print mod if users print the article?
Saber Bousba - صابر بوصبع
Member of the Arabic [ar-DZ] Joomla Translation Team :  http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/ardz/

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:24 am

dzed wrote:yah in Joomla! 1.5\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_mailto.ini i have this line

Code: Select all

EMAIL_INVALID=The address '%s' does not appear to be a valid e-mail address


Thank you, dzed: I've changed yvComment just as you supposed. See v.1.11.2
dzed wrote:I have other question
how to disable yvComment in print mod if users print the article?

I didn't think about this yet  :-\
BTW, I will be offline till January 9. You may try to find solution for this, if you wish  ???
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

andrejt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:56 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby andrejt » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:40 am

Hi,
I've just installed yvComments as described at the homepage. After I enable the plugin and component
I get the following error after clicking on any article:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class jfilteroutput in ...\libraries\joomla\filter\output.php on line 25

    * exact Joomla! build number  @version $Id: CHANGELOG.php 9671 2007-12-19 16:29:03Z willebil $
    * exact version of yvComment: 1.11.002

With yvComment disabled, everything works fine.
Thank you for any help.
Last edited by andrejt on Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
izhere
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Shanghai,China
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby izhere » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:52 pm

hi yvolk
thanx for the great work!so far i've used the yvcomment v1.11 with the joomla!RC4 and it works well for me;just have 1 question,would you plan to add the comment reply function in the next versions?i think it's really useful for the guys who wanna build a blog with joomla,just like me... :laugh:

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - comment reply function

Postby yvolk » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:36 pm

izhere wrote:would you plan to add the comment reply function in the next versions?i think it's really useful for the guys who wanna build a blog with joomla,just like me... :laugh:

Right now you may add comments to the comment (just like you add comments to the article, because Comment IS special kind of Article), if you open page with that comment e.g. from link in 'Latest comments' module (see yvComments Homepage for info, how to configure 'Latest comments').

Or maybe you  want to see some "tree of comments" directly under the Article? Please describe in more details, how do you see this feature?
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

User avatar
mjvvorst
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:25 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby mjvvorst » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Yuri,

Just downloaded yvComment (1.11.3) and installed on my local J!1.5RC4.
Great extention! Love it and it works perfectly in native mode.

I personally like to keep my frontpage as neat as possible, so I don't like the comment-info on the frontpage. Off course when a registered user chooses a section with a menu, the comment-info is being displayed and there he/she can comment. But not on the frontpage.
I made a patch for this (lines 34 - 47 in component/views/comment/tmpl/default.php) :

Code: Select all

      <?php
        $link = $this->numcomments_link;
// next 2 lines: patch to detect frontpage and if so, not display comment-info
        $menu = & JSite::getMenu();
        if ($menu->getActive() != $menu->getDefault()) {
//
            if ($link) {
                echo '<a href=\'' . $link . '\'>';
                if ($nCommentsTotal > 0) {
                        echo JText::_('COMMENTS') . ' (' . $nCommentsTotal . ')';
                } else {
                        echo JText::_('ADD_YOUR_COMMENT');
                }
                  echo '</a>';
            } else {
                    echo JText::_('COMMENTS') . ' (' . $nCommentsTotal . ')';
            }
// next line: end of frontpage patch
        }
//
    ?>


You might consider introducing a plugin parameter.
Anyway, thanks for the good work,Yuri.

Mark

User avatar
izhere
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Shanghai,China
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby izhere » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:33 am

thanx for your reply yuri :) i tried the "comments on comments" today(by clicking a comment which was listed in the "latest comments" that i created with the "latest news" module,then add a comment to this comment),and i don't think the result is what i meant days ago :P i don't know if what i want is something called "tree of comments" in english;what i mean was a function that allow the administrator to make a reply directly to a comment;now we could found "edit"and"delete" in the comments list from backend,i think it's better to add a "reply", as the admin,i could reply to a comment,such as answering some questions metioned in the comment,or saying "happy new year to you too!" to a guest or something like this,then what i said would be displayed right below the comment that i just replied.i don't know if i've made my opinion clear,or maybe that's something called "tree of comments"?...thank you :)
Last edited by izhere on Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:34 pm

izhere wrote:thanx for your reply yuri :) i tried the "comments on comments" today(by clicking a comment which was listed in the "latest comments" that i created with the "latest news" module,then add a comment to this comment),and i don't think the result is what i meant days ago :P i don't know if what i want is something called "tree of comments" in english;

Please see "tree of comments" in Google groups, e.g. open the link,  then click "Options" and select "View as tree" option.
This view not only shows you, that all messages are in the same thread, but also which message is reply to which message...
Any user may reply to the "root message" (Article in Joomla) or to any comment, thus creating "tree of comments"
izhere wrote:what i mean was a function that allow the administrator to make a reply directly to a comment;now we could found "edit"and"delete" in the comments list from backend,i think it's better to add a "reply", as the admin,i could reply to a comment,such as answering some questions mentioned in the comment,or saying "happy new year to you too!" to a guest or something like this,then what i said would be displayed right below the comment that i just replied.i don't know if I've made my opinion clear,or maybe that's something called "tree of comments"?...thank you :)

I think, that this is something similar to JED: Author of extension may add "Owner's reply" to any comment, see e.g. here: Joomla! Extensions Directory - yvComment. Of cause, this is much simpler function, than in Google groups...
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

User avatar
izhere
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Shanghai,China
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby izhere » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:29 pm

yup the "Owner's reply"! this is the right one that i meant ;D and thanx for explaining the "tree"
Last edited by izhere on Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andrejt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:56 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby andrejt » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:26 pm

andrejt wrote:Hi,
I've just installed yvComments as described at the homepage. After I enable the plugin and component
I get the following error after clicking on any article:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class jfilteroutput in ...\libraries\joomla\filter\output.php on line 25

    * exact Joomla! build number  @version $Id: CHANGELOG.php 9671 2007-12-19 16:29:03Z willebil $
    * exact version of yvComment: 1.11.002

With yvComment disabled, everything works fine.
Thank you for any help.



Please, could you help me with any pointers of what might be wrong.

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:31 pm

andrejt wrote:
andrejt wrote:Hi,
I've just installed yvComments as described at the homepage. After I enable the plugin and component
I get the following error after clicking on any article:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class jfilteroutput in ...\libraries\joomla\filter\output.php on line 25

    * exact Joomla! build number  @version $Id: CHANGELOG.php 9671 2007-12-19 16:29:03Z willebil $
    * exact version of yvComment: 1.11.002

With yvComment disabled, everything works fine.
Thank you for any help.



Please, could you help me with any pointers of what might be wrong.

I think that your site has old Joomla! files (garbage...), left from some previous build(s) of Joomla!. Joomla! team not only changes existing files and adds new, but also deletes old files :).
Please see Topic: Partially solved - Error message in output.php. So, maybe your error would disappear after deletion of 'libraries/joomla/filter/input.php' and 'libraries/joomla/filter/output.php' files.
Of cause, clean install of Joomla! would be more reliable.
Last edited by yvolk on Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

andrejt
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:56 am

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby andrejt » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:11 pm

Thank you SOOOO MUCH :) it did help.  I would consider a clean reinstall if I had a good backup and import for the content and my sections and all.

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:45 am

izhere wrote:yup the "Owner's reply"! this is the right one that i meant ;D and thanx for explaining the "tree"

So, what you're suggesting is special (and very restricted) case of "commenting on comments" (replying to comments...):
- only one level of commenting on comments is allowed;
- only author of the article (or other user with all rights...) is allowed to comment on comments of the Article;
- comment on comment is made from within list of comments, clicking "Reply" link near particular comment;
- comments on comments are visible as nested comments in the list of comments.

I thought about something like this earlier... and I want to implement "commenting on comments" in a flexible way...
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

lostlaowai
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:08 pm

yvComment - captcha not working

Postby lostlaowai » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:05 am

Hi Yuri, I seem to be having problems with the captcha system. When I had Joomla 1.5 RC3 and the previous version of yvComment, it worked fine. However, I recently upgraded to RC4 and in tern upgraded to the latest version of yvComment and now neither BigoCaptcha or OST Widget Captcha work.

I've enabled them both under the Joomla plugin manager, and have enabled the option via the yvComment plugin options - but it still doesn't display.

In its place I get an image that says "The word for verification. Lowercase letters only with no spaces."

However, if I right-click on that image, and select "View Image", it then reloads the page (using a different Joomla URL) and the Captcha works. I am running J!1.5 RC4 (nightly) with all the SEF options on.

Any ideas?

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - captcha not working

Postby yvolk » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:34 am

lostlaowai wrote:However, if I right-click on that image, and select "View Image", it then reloads the page (using a different Joomla URL) and the Captcha works.

1. I didn't get this phrase  :( - As I understand, when you "View Image", browser reloads image (not "the page") from the same URL...
2. What's about RC4, yes, it has many bugs, affecting yvComment, see "yvComment and Joomla! 1.5 RC4", so try latest nightly build instead.
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

User avatar
izhere
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Shanghai,China
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby izhere » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:49 am

yvolk wrote:
izhere wrote:yup the "Owner's reply"! this is the right one that i meant ;D and thanx for explaining the "tree"

So, what you're suggesting is special (and very restricted) case of "commenting on comments" (replying to comments...):
- only one level of commenting on comments is allowed;
- only author of the article (or other user with all rights...) is allowed to comment on comments of the Article;
- comment on comment is made from within list of comments, clicking "Reply" link near particular comment;
- comments on comments are visible as nested comments in the list of comments.

I thought about something like this earlier... and I want to implement "commenting on comments" in a flexible way...

well the last 2 were my suggestion i guess;and i think it's really great and much flexible to allow any user to leave comments on one comment,in fact before using "yvcomment" i never get any idea about more than just one "Owner's reply",so with "yvcomment" i feel cool to see ppl can leave comments on others' comments.my suggestion is like...based on all these cool functions,if we could have an "Owner's reply",it'd be perfect.it's just like,ppl came here with questions or suggestions,what we are expecting is Yuri's reply,the "Owner's reply",though ppl can help each other of course.that's it :)
and by the way,thanks for taking time to build the yvcomment and answering such many questions here;it's been just 4 months since i entering the world of joomla and this forum,i feel sweet to see such a nice world here.
Last edited by izhere on Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

lostlaowai
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:08 pm

Re: yvComment - captcha not working

Postby lostlaowai » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:54 am

yvolk wrote:1. I didn't get this phrase  :( - As I understand, when you "View Image", browser reloads image (not "the page") from the same URL...
2. What's about RC4, yes, it has many bugs, affecting yvComment, see "yvComment and Joomla! 1.5 RC4", so try latest nightly build instead.


Hi Yuri, thanks for the quick reply - sorry, I tried reading through as much of this thread as I could - but so much of it is irrelevant to what I was looking for. Why don't you set up a forum (plenty of free ones) dedicated just to this plugin on your server? Nine pages of questions and replies here in this thread seems to suggest it's needed.

Will try the latest nightly - and keep an eye on the bug reports.

Re: #1 above, I simply click the "View Image" menu item available when you right click an image in Firefox. This usually just displays whatever the image is in the browser - however this particular image caused the whole page to reload (but with a different URL) and then the captcha worked. I imagine it has something to do with how J!1.5 RC4 handles URLs.

kade119

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby kade119 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:50 pm

hi fellow mates

i'm really liking this plug-in but one request , is there anyway to enable it to send the comments to a specific e-mail?

and not display the comments on the page?

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:55 pm

kade119 wrote:is there anyway to enable it to send the comments to a specific e-mail?
and not display the comments on the page?

Sort of  :)
You may set 'Immediately publish guest comments' = 'No' and
configure "List of Usernames to notify of new or updated comments"
(see Homepage for more info...)
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

kade119

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby kade119 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:02 pm

uhh.. i'm at the homepage but do not see anything titled about this.. guess i'm reading over it


one more thing , the default.css file where is that located on the server?
b/c i dont see it in this path  components/com_yvcomment/default.css



also is there a way to so the comment option is only affiliated with one category or section of the site and not on every page with an article?
Last edited by kade119 on Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kade119

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby kade119 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:09 pm

Having problems getting the comments to display on one page, i typed in the sections to exclude but if click the input yes underneath it displays on all of them

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - Comments extension for Joomla! 1.5

Postby yvolk » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:59 am

kade119 wrote:one more thing , the default.css file where is that located on the server?
b/c i dont see it in this path components/com_yvcomment/default.css

It's here: 'components/com_yvcomment/assets/default.css'

kade119 wrote:Having problems getting the comments to display on one page, i typed in the sections to exclude but if click the input yes underneath it displays on all of them

If you decided to exclude comments from some sections, yvComment wouldn't allow you to add new comments to these sections, but it would show you comments, that already existed. You have to delete these existing comments yourself...
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

User avatar
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru
Posts: 979
Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:52 pm
Location: Moscow, Russia
Contact:

Re: yvComment - about forum and captcha

Postby yvolk » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:09 pm

lostlaowai wrote:...sorry, I tried reading through as much of this thread as I could - but so much of it is irrelevant to what I was looking for. Why don't you set up a forum (plenty of free ones) dedicated just to this plugin on your server? Nine pages of questions and replies here in this thread seems to suggest it's needed.

I thought about creating special forum for yvComment, but I decided to use this, Joomla!-wide forum, because it is familiar to people and well-attended. I already have unsuccessful experience creating "my own" forum: there is almost no visitors there  :(
If you want to start some specialized discussion about yvComment, you may Start new topic in this forum with word 'yvComment' in subject...
I agree, that this forum has very poor search ability. Maybe we may influence it, maybe we may help to make it better? Try to find out!
lostlaowai wrote:I simply click the "View Image" menu item available when you right click an image in Firefox. This usually just displays whatever the image is in the browser - however this particular image caused the whole page to reload (but with a different URL) and then the captcha worked. I imagine it has something to do with how J!1.5 RC4 handles URLs.

As you understand, it is hard to figure out, what's wrong, until
- you give exact data (or steps to reproduce the problem on our test sites)
- or give us access to you site.
Last edited by yvolk on Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html


Return to “Extensions for Joomla! 1.5”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 12 guests