157 - Carry out GHOP unit test on the Joomla1 1.5 Test Package: Article Manager

Google's Highly Open Participation Program tries to get young students into Open Source and Joomla! specifically. Everyone is welcome, there are not limits. You can be a coder, documenter, tester, translator to help out. Jump in and start helping!
tungolcild
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

157 - Carry out GHOP unit test on the Joomla1 1.5 Test Package: Article Manager

Post by tungolcild » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:56 pm

In this task you will help the Joomla! team prepare for the release of
Joomla! 1.5 by carrying out a systematically organized set of tests and
reporting the results.

You will carry out the tests using at least three web browsers from the
following list: Firefox 2.0 Internet Explorer 6 Internet Explorer 7 Safari
Opera

In your report you should clearly indicate which tests were passed or
failed. For example you might want to indicate a failed test by using a red
font.
Hello to all developers here..I'm Yiannis, from Greece..While exploring GHOP I found that Joomla was the most accesible and helpful for new developers...I read in the forum that these tests are very valuable for the community so I will try to do my best (eventhough the fever doesn't help me! :'( )
Last edited by AmyStephen on Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Re: 157 - Carry out GHOP unit test on the Joomla1 1.5 Test Package: Article Mana

Post by AmyStephen » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:02 pm

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.  :P

We are happy to have you join us and help with this very important testing. Please let us know if we can do anything to help you be successful with your task.

Welcome to Joomla! and to our GHOP community!
Amy :)

tungolcild
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: 157 - Carry out GHOP unit test on the Joomla1 1.5 Test Package: Article Mana

Post by tungolcild » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:04 pm

I am running the tests and I have made a draft Spreadsheet...Is the format good or do I have to change something? Is there maybe a standard to be followed/more details..? ???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

tungolcild
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tungolcild » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:53 pm

Hm, I think this is a better one! 8)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:12 pm

We have not asked for a specific format since this is new to us.

I think that should be good - it's easy to understand what you tested, the results, and your system information.

Please proceed with that format and thank you for helping the community with this very important task.

tungolcild
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tungolcild » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:37 pm

That's Great!! I am continuing..I hope 'till the night I would have finished the task..and send it for review..

Thanks again Amy, you're great  :-*

tungolcild
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tungolcild » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:53 pm

I am almost done. One test failed (the category sort) and i have also one question about the Order sort. After changing the number from 1 to 2 and clicking on the disk icon (save) it gives the message "New order saved" but the number on the list is not update nor the sorting works... :o

(i wish you like the layout of the test:))
Last edited by tungolcild on Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:28 am

Looks good - the layout looks good.

Tomorrow, we'll check into these issues you are finding. That is what we want from this process - good information. You are doing great!

Thanks!

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:06 pm

tungolcild -

How is it going? Did you get a chance to complete your testing? Hope so! Please let us know.

Thanks!

tungolcild
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by tungolcild » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:24 pm

Sorry I thought I had to wait for your reply about the issues I discovered! :-\
Yes I am done...I had two tests that failed on all browsers. Do I need to upload both pdf and odt file to Google's HOP?
Thank you!

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:27 pm

Sorry! Yes, please do upload your files to Google.

Thank you so very much for performing these test for the Joomla! community and my sincere apologies for the misunderstanding! When your documents are uploaded, I will mark your task as closed. You will then be free to select another task, if you desire.

Your contributions are much appreciated,

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Yiannis -

I uploaded your document to http://JoomlaPlace.org/ghop/Issue157.pdf and pasted the link into your Google Task. For some reason, we seem to be having trouble uploading work to Google. For that reason, when someone has a problem, I have been copying the work to JoomlaPlace.

Thanks so very, very much for your contributions to Joomla!. You are free to select another task, if desired.

Return to “Google's Highly Open Participation Contest”