Site needs refresh after almost each click

Discussion regarding Joomla! Performance issues.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Security and Performance FAQs
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
embe1000
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Site needs refresh after almost each click

Post by embe1000 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:08 pm

Hello,

I'm completely new to Joomla having almost no idea about css etc...and as my web designer has no time in these days I ended here to ask 2 question regarding web site which I'm preparing:

- after each logging in into backend joomla stucks on a blank/white page and I must always press F5 to load it correctly. The worst thing is that this also happens in frontend and especially after I log in. I use ja_mageia template. the website is www.sky-xs.sk . Any idea what causes this? After I press F5 it works fine for some clicks but it happens again...and I'm crazy about that now. P.S.: I have no idea about hosting, provider etc as this is completely out of me...

Many thanks for your help in advance, i really appreciate it.

Martin

lynnmora
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Site needs refresh after almost each click

Post by lynnmora » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:28 pm

It could be a problem in your configuration.php file.
Check the line:
$mosConfig_live_site = 'http://yourJoomlasite';
Make sure it is correct. It happened to me one that I was using a subdomain and did not write the live_site correctly.

Anyone has any other idea?
Need help translating English/Spanish documents? Contact me

embe1000
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by embe1000 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:43 pm

lynnmora wrote: It could be a problem in your configuration.php file.
Check the line:
$mosConfig_live_site = 'http://yourJoomlasite';
Make sure it is correct. It happened to me one that I was using a subdomain and did not write the live_site correctly.

Anyone has any other idea?
I have checked. It's correct so the problem lies somewhere else. Anyway thanks for help!

hoylejc
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by hoylejc » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:13 am

My site is doing the same thing after saving certain settings in the backend. Say if I create a new article and save it, it redirects to a blank page and if I refresh, nothing happens. If I click the go button in the address bar it takes me to the main control panel. Also, I have not been able to get the template manager screen to come up, any ideas?

neeta
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by neeta » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:29 pm

Hi,
We encountered the same problem on our site. Suddenly we started seeing blank pages and we would see the site on Refresh only. Also, we could not download any documents from docman - neither in the frontend nor in the administrator panel. The mambot mosif stopped working........

After a lot of painful testing and debugging - we finally found the problem. :laugh:
The file agent_browser.php in the includes folder was missing.
Copied the file into the folder and voila - everything was back to normal. :)

Hope it helps.
Neeta

ircmaxell
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by ircmaxell » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:59 pm

Well, blank pages are normally the result of suppressed error messages. Try setting your error reporting lower, or search the code base for ill placed '@' symbols in-front of function calls. A lot of developers use @ to suppress error messages, but if the error is large enough (fatal), it won't display anything but a blank page...
Anthony Ferrara - Core Team - Development Coordinator - Bug Squad - JSST

http://moovum.com/ - The Bird is in the air! Get Mollom Anti-Spam on your Joomla! website with Moovur...
http://www.joomlaperformance.com For All Your Joomla Performance Needs

redfrontdoor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by redfrontdoor » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:40 pm

This is happening to me on one of my sites in IE7 and in Firefox it comes up with a dialogue box asking me whether to open 'index.php. with dreamweaver or save it. A refresh displays the required page but it does have 2 guests. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stu

MindArchr
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by MindArchr » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:40 am

Does anyone have any updated solutions or ideas as to why this might be happening? I just recently began experiencing this same error, where alot of pages will not load unless I hit the refresh button. What is causing this? Please help.
Vows made in storms are forgotten in calm.

redfrontdoor
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by redfrontdoor » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:45 pm

Update
I have several sites with the same host but on different servers. All run OK apart from one which I've had the refresh problem since I installed it. After trying many times to re-upload the problem site and try a different database, the problem is still there. After 2 days I've pinned it down to a problem with the host. I now have 2 sites of different servers running the same database. Both are nearly identical apart from a few extra images on one of them. One runs perfectly and the other needs refreshing about 70% of the time both in the front and back end. I'm awaiting a reply from the hosting company (although they are cheap but shite)and I'll keep you informed.

Malog
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Malog » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:54 am

I dont know if this will help but removing my custom favicon file from the server did the trick for me, it was always displaying the custom one on a blank page.

Removed it and no more blank pages!

creativei
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by creativei » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:26 pm

This is a strange issue and without proper remedy. I had these problems since few days now. Well my live site variables are blank, if i sent it to the url of my site, the whole template I'm using fails to load.

In IE8 it says internal server error, even refresh it gives the same error. but if you highlight the url and click enter key from key board it works. All other browser it needs refresh. This happened after i installed acajoom component.

Its strange there is no solution for this.

And my site is in two sub folder. http://www.yachtsarabia.com/eng/v1 I have redirected the main domain to this path using .htaccess

Any experts here can shed some light

creativei
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by creativei » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 pm

neeta wrote:Hi,
After a lot of painful testing and debugging - we finally found the problem. :laugh:

Hope it helps.
Neeta
I dont have this file either, not anywhere in my 10 joomla site all my sites are 1.5.15, but this file is not available anywhere.

creativei
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by creativei » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:59 pm

Ok I found a solutions, could be a temporary one, but it works now for me. I placed a new php.in file inside my root folder and made these changes.
display_errors = Off
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT
max_execution_time = 120
max_input_time = 120
memory_limit = 128M
post_max_size = 32M

these are the changes I made, and its working now. First i used display errors on, and it was working with the errors, after that i disabled it, hope this helps someone.

Im still working around to find the right solution.

gagakitam
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by gagakitam » Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:25 am

Hi, nice to have u all here. i'm a newbie in joomla. using 1.5.18 and having problem with layout on the front end.

When i click any link on the front end, the layout position of all the div wil go messed up. The left menu go to the center, and the center pushed down under. the content position also changed.

But after a few click of refresh button, the design turn back to normal condition. Then the messed up condition happen again when i click other link. Is there any suggestion what was happening and how to solve it?

thank you in advance!

mpotvin
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mpotvin » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:59 am

Make sure your system cache plugin is active. It worked for me.

adineh
I've been banned!

Post by adineh » Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:04 am

system cache plugin ?? wher can i finde it and what i must do?

iraznatovic
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by iraznatovic » Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:23 pm

neeta wrote:Hi,
We encountered the same problem on our site. Suddenly we started seeing blank pages and we would see the site on Refresh only. Also, we could not download any documents from docman - neither in the frontend nor in the administrator panel. The mambot mosif stopped working........

Hope it helps.
Neeta
I resolved the problem following your advice - but the loading of the page takes 30+ seconds (with caching and gzip on). The file is attached.

A few minutes ago I also modified php.ini like user "creativei" sugessted - and ... it is a definite solution! The pages display correctly and there is no 30+ second delay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

beededea
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by beededea » Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:52 pm

Which version of Joomla?
Yereverluvinunclebert
Steampunk widgets. Platforms of choice: Joomla 1.0/1.5, Joostina 1.2, OSCommerce
Site aims: Optimisation, Security and Solidity
http://widgets.yahoo.com/widgets/steamp ... k-calendar

irandream
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by irandream » Sun May 06, 2012 8:22 pm

I think its for older versions of Joomla.I can't find agent_browser.php in any Joomla 1.5.x Packages.

Return to “Performance - 1.0.x”