community builder user management + joomla user management and other things

Discuss the integration of Joomla! with other products. ie SMF, phpbb etc etc

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
sustain
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

community builder user management + joomla user management and other things

Post by sustain » Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:34 pm

I've searched this a lot, and I'm sure it's been asked about.  I just can't find an answer to my question.  I'm running joomla 1.0.13.  I was looking for an extended registration.  I know there is juser, but community builder does what I want, plus a few extra features I would like. 

My question is this:

Why is there two user lists?  I can deal with it, but it would be nice if users that had registered previously would be able to edit their information. 

I don't necessarily need users to be able to look at each others profiles.  I also like how if I use uddeIM 0.8b, there is a login module that will show if there are messages.  I really just want to use a pms for me to message users and not so much for them to message each other. It would be nice though if a user clicked on an authors name and was able to send them a message...

geeffland
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: community builder user management + joomla user management and other things

Post by geeffland » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:38 pm

Community Builder (CB) does not have its own user list per se...  They have an addon table jos_comprofiler which is linked to jos_users that Joomla uses.  After installing CB go to their tools in the admin side and 'sync users' which syncs the 2 tables together... as new users register they are added into both jos_users an jos_comprofiler...  fields such as passwords, etc. are not duplicated in CB.

Now if you start talking about PMS or forum bridges then you may likely have 2 users tables in an effort to keep modifications to the external software to a minimum.  In those cases the bridges should keep those tables in sync.

Greg
CB Connector developer
(forum bridge plugin for CB to connect phpbb)
Thanks,
Greg

hopkins101
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hopkins101 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:52 pm

One question ... How to AUTOMATE the 'sync user' task? Right now, I have to do it manually everyday ... pls. help

geeffland
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by geeffland » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:49 am

What do you mean you have to 'sync users' everyday?

Assuming you are talking about Community Builder (CB)... (by the way I am not a Community Builder developer)

After you install the CB component... you install the CB login module... and the other CB modules if desired... the CB login module is required... then you publish any of the CB modules you installed... and unpublish the Joomla login module as per the CB instructions.

My guess is if you are having to "sync users" everyday then you likely still have the Joomla login module published... on my sites I have not run "sync users" since it was originally installed.

Greg
Thanks,
Greg

hopkins101
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hopkins101 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:33 pm

The problem is I am using a commercial template that comes with their own "Login" that is 'synced' to the Joomla Login ... So, I can't use the CB login AND I have no idea how to sync the 'template login' with CB login.

From my observation, it only take couple lines of code for the Joomla table to sync with the CB table automatically, I suspect CB the reason why CB refuse to do this is because they have a 'commercial' agenda. I hope they release a commercial version for a token fees if this is the case.

Meanwhile, All I can say is I am not amused, CB.

g3p0
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by g3p0 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:44 pm

geeffland wrote: What do you mean you have to 'sync users' everyday?

Assuming you are talking about Community Builder (CB)... (by the way I am not a Community Builder developer)

After you install the CB component... you install the CB login module... and the other CB modules if desired... the CB login module is required... then you publish any of the CB modules you installed... and unpublish the Joomla login module as per the CB instructions.

My guess is if you are having to "sync users" everyday then you likely still have the Joomla login module published... on my sites I have not run "sync users" since it was originally installed.

Greg
I am having the same issue. No real answers that work anywhere.

hopkins101
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by hopkins101 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:09 pm

Solution For CB-Joomla Synchronization

To those who have problem synchronizing Joomla User tables with CB User tables especially those using commercial templates whereby they are typically designed with ‘Login’ that is in sync with the Joomla ‘Login’ but not CB’s ‘Login’ or in short, you wanted to automate the process of constantly have to click on the CB>Tools>Synchronize Users to update registered users … I got a no-frill solution for ya.

Just contact me at hopkins101 (at) gmail (dot) com  8)

g3p0
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by g3p0 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:11 pm

Is there not a solution you care to post here? This is a community driven system after all...

yaanimai
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by yaanimai » Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:38 am

I am using a RocketTheme template that has it's own login. I unpublished the RocketTheme login module & published the CB login instead. I synchronized the CB user list once after I installed CB but haven't had to do it since.

I then installed FireBoard it seems like I have to sync the Firboard users (Fireboard>Syncronize Users) with the Joomla/CB users as the users that login through the CB login don't show up in the Fireboard user list. Does anyone know if I am missing something in order to keep Fireboard automatically in sync with BC?

Thanks,
Yaani-Mai

geeffland
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by geeffland » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:04 pm

What Templates or Components have their own login modules?

You mention Fireboard... Don't they have a CB Login version?  Seems like they have CB Plugins...? (just asking... don't know the answer)

any others?

Greg
Thanks,
Greg

geeffland
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by geeffland » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:17 pm

Just checked fireboard's site... and did not see any mention of a login module...  please correct if wrong..
Thanks,
Greg

michaelhuang
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: community builder user management + joomla user management a

Post by michaelhuang » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:57 am

I have the similar problems above. I have to syn user everyday for my users even though I use CB login. No idea, what I can do.

geeffland
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by geeffland » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:04 pm

Post your Community Builder questions on their website http://www.joomlapolis.com and Beat or others there will answer...

Greg
Thanks,
Greg

everythingiowa
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by everythingiowa » Mon May 12, 2008 6:22 pm

I have installed cb, then I installed the buzz board plug in. I get it to show the button but it wont give users andy options to post or anything. The user has no control panel for the buzz board. How would one go about fixing or checking what the problem could be.

geeffland
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by geeffland » Fri May 16, 2008 9:10 pm

I don't know anything about the buzz board plugin... (actually not even sure what buzz board is)
Thanks,
Greg

guptam1969
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by guptam1969 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:49 pm

My site configuration is J1.5.5, CB12RC2 and VM1.1.2, PHPBB3.0.2., rokbridge RC5beta2
I am using cb_login module instead of Joomla login and CB is primary method of registeration on my site.

However since I want customers on my site to be able to browse store and place items in cart without first asking them to register I end up with accounts created in joomla and not in CB, if such new users decide to proceed with checkout.

As we know Virtuemart currently does not integrate with CB (or vice versa ) I was ending up having users created in jos_users without them getting synched with jos_comprofiler.

Here is how I went about tackling this problem.

I created a trigger on my jos_users table as below:

DELIMITER $$
DROP TRIGGER /*!50032 IF EXISTS */ `yourdb`.`sync_cb`$$
create trigger `yourdb`.`sync_cb` BEFORE UPDATE on `yourdb`.`jos_users`
for each row BEGIN
DECLARE MY_PHONE VARCHAR(64) ;
DECLARE MY_ADD VARCHAR(64) ;
DECLARE MY_CITY VARCHAR(64) ;
DECLARE MY_STATE_2_CODE VARCHAR(64) ;
DECLARE MY_STATE VARCHAR(64) ;
DECLARE MY_COUNTRY_3_CODE VARCHAR(64) ;
DECLARE MY_COUNTRY_ID INT(11) ;
DECLARE MY_COUNTRY VARCHAR(64) ;
DECLARE MY_ZIP VARCHAR(64) ;

IF OLD.activation <> NEW.activation Then
IF not exists (select * from jos_comprofiler where jos_comprofiler.id = NEW.id) Then
SELECT phone_1, concat(address_1, ', ', address_2), city, state, country, zip INTO MY_PHONE, MY_ADD, MY_CITY, MY_STATE_2_CODE, MY_COUNTRY_3_CODE, MY_ZIP
FROM jos_vm_user_info
WHERE user_id = NEW.id
AND address_type = 'BT';

SELECT country_id, country_name INTO MY_COUNTRY_ID, MY_COUNTRY
FROM jos_vm_country
WHERE country_3_code = MY_COUNTRY_3_CODE;

SELECT state_name INTO MY_STATE
FROM jos_vm_state
WHERE state_2_code = MY_STATE_2_CODE
AND country_id = MY_COUNTRY_ID;

INSERT INTO jos_comprofiler (id, user_id, avatarapproved, approved, confirmed, rc_phone,rc_address, rc_city, rc_state, rc_country, rc_zipcode) VALUES (NEW.id, NEW.id, 1, 1, 1, MY_PHONE, MY_ADD, MY_CITY, MY_STATE, MY_COUNTRY, MY_ZIP);

END IF;
END IF;
END;
$$
DELIMITER ;

The assumption is that when the user activates the account the jos_users.activation field becomes blank and that is the opportunity to insert record in jos_comprofiler. Please note that I also have some Address related fields in my CB and hence I am just copying those values from the VM tables as user has already provided that information. Please modify the fields assignments and names as per your settings.

The next thing I am looking to do is to create a similar trigger on jos_comprofiler so I may sync/populate the info in VM tables whenever a new user creates or updates their account from CB.

M

antistructure
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by antistructure » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:16 pm

Hey I found a really easy hack to make CB auto sync!

im using Joomla Version 1.5.8
and Community Builder 1.2 RC 4

Its a simple database copy which I found: http://www.joomlapolis.com/component/op ... itstart,0/

just open up:

/components/com_user/controller.php

and just after the

Code: Select all

<?
copy and paste:

Code: Select all

$sql_sync = "INSERT IGNORE INTO #__comprofiler(id,user_id) SELECT id,id FROM #__users";
$database->setQuery($sql_sync);
$database->query();
now every time someone logins, registers, logsout, ect .. it will sync the database, a bit overkill, but it works.

DLSU TAPAT
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by DLSU TAPAT » Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:42 am

I have a problem on publishing my user lists. i want to publish it publicly so that they can see who are registered in my website. how do i do this? please reply to me asap [email protected] please and thank you very much

Finngu
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: community builder user management + joomla user manageme

Post by Finngu » Sat May 21, 2011 1:34 am

I had the problem using Community Builder version 1.4 and VirtueMart version 1.1.8 (Joomla version 1.5.23) that when a new customer completed an order and during that registered for a new account, he was unable to acces hos account immediately, before we manually run a "synchronize users" in CB at backend....
We tryed at lot of modules etc, and most of them made our wesite crash with server errors!

So I took a wild chance and in:

administrator/components/com_profiler/comprofiler.php
I edited the very first lines FROM:

<?php
/**

INTO:

<?php
$sql_sync = "INSERT IGNORE INTO #__comprofiler(id,user_id) SELECT id,id FROM #__users";
$database->setQuery($sql_sync);
$database->query();
/**

THAT worked for me!!
Now, as soon as a customer has registered throug VirtueMart and completed an order, he can immediately acces his profile without seeing a message like "the account has not been confirmed / the emailaddress has not yet been confirmed" etc.
He can now just make an order and register, and the account is ready so he can access his CB profile at once :-)

I don't know if this is a pretty way to do this, but it seems to work like a dream for us at http://www.pejsecentret.dk

Thanks
Finn / Denmark

Cranky-9
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Cranky-9 » Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:15 am

I have the similar problems above. I have to syn user everyday for my users even though I use CB login. No idea, what I can do.

Warnenas
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Warnenas » Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:58 am

It's not working for j1.7 what to do now?

Return to “Integration & Bridges - 1.0.x”