yvSmiley - Smiley (Emoticon) native extension for Joomla! 1.5

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

yvSmiley - Smiley (Emoticon) native extension for Joomla! 1.5

Post by yvolk » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:01 pm

yvSmiley is a Smiley (Emoticon) extension for Joomla! 1.5. It may show smileys in your Articles (working as content plugin), on the whole page (so, you will have smileys everywhere), or it may be used by any Joomla! extension (as an example, it is integrated into my yvComment extension already).

yvSmiley ships with two ready to use "Smiley sets" (from TinyMCE and phpBB), that you may customize, and it also supports aMSN (Alvaro's Messenger) skins, so you may choose from many existing "Smiley sets", that are part of these skins, and use them without any modification (download the skins from http://www.amsn-project.net/skins.php).

Please use it and send your feedback to this forum. Good luck!

For more information and download, see yvSmiley Homepage.
Last edited by yvolk on Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

Sean F
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: yvSmiley - Smiley (Emoticon) native extension for Joomla! 1.5

Post by Sean F » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:06 pm

Hi Yuri

sorry to bother you: I wondered if you could possibly point me to any good copyright-free smiley sets - for example the one you use in your yvSmiley page (if that is copyright-free).

I downloaded an aMSN package, but it seemed to contain exact copies of MSN's emoticons, which I am nervous about using.

many thanks indeed

Sean

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi, Sean!
All "Smiley sets" do have copyright, but some of them are free for some usage... (according to their license...)

If you mean "GPL-licensed" smiley sets: both phpBB (which Smiley set I included in yvSmiley package) and aMSN (which smiley set is on the image above) are GPLd.
Sean F wrote: sorry to bother you: I wondered if you could possibly point me to any good copyright-free smiley sets - for example the one you use in your yvSmiley page (if that is copyright-free).
I didn't get you: do you like this Smiley set? If yes - its GPLd, as you may see in the
"amsn-0.97RC1\skins\default\license" file inside package of aMSN.
To use this smiley set with yvSmiley you have to extract "amsn-0.97RC1\skins\default" directory with all files inside it from aMSN package to Joomla! "template" directory and point yvSmiley to the "default\settings.xml" file inside that "default directory" (see example on yvSmiley Homepage).
As I wrote on the yvSmiley Homepage, there is a lot of other skins for aMSN. As I understand, you have to download them and check some "license" files inside them to find out, what are restrictions of their usage...

Did I answer your question?
Last edited by yvolk on Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Text of all my messages is available under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License: http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html

Sean F
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Sean F » Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:53 pm

Hi Yuri

thank you for such a patient reply! That explains it perfectly. I had been looking at a skin which seemed to contain an exact copy of MSN's emoticons, whereas I should have been looking inside the default aMSN package.

I've now found the default smileys package, which is exactly what I need - thank you.

Thanks too for the clarification over licence vs copyright...

All best wishes

Sean

omponk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by omponk » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:36 pm

why if i enable this plugin i got blank page?

joomla 1.5 RC 1
yvComment v.1.5.4

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:40 pm

omponk wrote: why if i enable this plugin i got blank page?

joomla 1.5 RC 1
yvComment v.1.5.4
1. Please use yvSmiley v.1.1.4
BTW, what plugin are talking about?  :)
2. Please try to play with configuration parameters (turn everything off, then turn on one by one...) and try to figure, when problem begins...
???

omponk
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by omponk » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:42 pm

installed on www.cetho.com
i dont know.. what wrong with my parameter config.

still got error. and than i turn off  :(

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:15 pm

omponk wrote: installed on www.cetho.com
i dont know.. what wrong with my parameter config.

still got error. and than i turn off  :(
I looked at your site: there are also problems with links there... (SEF doesn't work...)
I think, you better backup this site (for future reference) and try to recreate it from clean new install, testing if anything works step by step...

Keiichi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Keiichi » Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:43 am

Hello I am trying to use yvSmiley with yvComment but am having trouble.

I am using Joomla 1.5 RC and have both yvComment and yvSmiley installed and enabled (all the latest versions).

yvComment is working flawlessly. 8)

The problem is I can't seem to use them together. The smileys don't even appear with the comments as shown below. I am trying to use the pre-installed PHPBB smileys.

Here are my settings:

Am I missing something? The smiley set files are all there in the proper directories, and I've re-installed this several times both in native and legacy mode.

Thanks, and great job, I've been looking for something like this for a while. ;D

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:58 am

Keiichi wrote: The smileys don't even appear with the comments as shown below. I am trying to use the pre-installed PHPBB smileys.
Hi, Keiichi!
1. As I can see at "yvSmiley parameters page" yvSmiley doesn't work: it didn't substitute ":-)" code on this page (but it should!).
2. Please try to turn on "Debugging mode" - you should see Joomla! notice message on every page with clickable smileys in it...
3. If you want to find problem yourself, you may uncomment some debugging lines in yvsmiley.php file and post info to my email... or you may send me admin account password to your site, so I can figure it out uploading special debugging version...
4. There is not need to turn "legacy" mode on.

Good luck!

Keiths
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Keiths » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:58 pm

Hi,
    I am having the same problem as mentioned above, when ever I enable yvsmiley I get blank pages, I have yvcomment working fine and the capacha plugin and I am using the latest build of joomla 1.5, and am using Apache 2.2 with php 5.2.3

Hopefully we can get this fixed as the whole yvcommennting system is pretty cool and XHTML also  ;D

Keith

jingato
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jingato » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:25 pm

I just installed this using the latest joomla build. As soon as I enabled it I got an error message on all my pages, including the backend pages saying Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in yvsmiley.php at line 116. I opened up the file and this was at that line...

function onPrepareContent(& $article, & $params, $page = 0) {

if ($this->_articleSectionEnabled($article->sectionid) && $this->params->get('articletext', 0)) {

$this->_replaceCode($article->text);

}

return true;

}

What do I do?

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:34 am

jingato wrote: I just installed this using the latest joomla build. As soon as I enabled it I got an error message on all my pages, including the backend pages saying Fatal error...
Joomla! core objects changed since RC1, so I have to change yvSmiley code accordingly. Please, wait.

jingato
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jingato » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:06 pm

yvolk wrote: Joomla! core objects changed since RC1, so I have to change yvSmiley code accordingly. Please, wait.
k thanks  :pop

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

yvSmiley - v.1.2.0 released, compatible with Joomla! 1.5 RC2

Post by yvolk » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:57 am

Fixed to work with Joomla! 1.5 RC2. Got rig of old ways to do things... so now yvSmiley is not compatible with Joomla! 1.5 builds < 8688 (before RC2). See  yvSmiley Homepage.

jingato
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jingato » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:46 pm

Thanks for the update. I installed it and it does not crash my site anymore once I publish it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. It does not show up on my ycomments page and I also tried typing :) in an article and it didn't replace it either. Is there something I could be doing wrong? I published it and changed the settings to show on all articles.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:34 am

jingato wrote: Thanks for the update. I installed it and it does not crash my site anymore once I publish it, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. It does not show up on my ycomments page and I also tried typing :) in an article and it didn't replace it either. Is there something I could be doing wrong? I published it and changed the settings to show on all articles.
1. You may test, if yvSmiley works, this way:
- Turn on "Debugging mode";
- Turn on "Enable Smiley replacements for the whole page (even here:  :))" option.
This should work without any other extensions, and you should see something like on the attached snapshot.

2. yvComment is not updated for RC2 yet, sorry. I'll post news about yvComment updates to that thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

yvSmiley v.1.2.1 supports PHP4 too

Post by yvolk » Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:51 am

Hi, I've figured out, why yvSmiley didn't work for some users: they use PHP4.
So, I added some compatibility code (I hope, not for a long time...) to support PHP4 (in addition to PHP5).

Please note, that under PHP4 yvSmiley performance is not optimal.

jingato
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jingato » Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:50 am

thanks. I installed the new version and it worked fine. I tried to change it to an aMSN smiley set and I got an error to an non member function or something like that. SO I changed it back to the default and I still got the error. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and the default smileys worked fine. I guess I can't use the aMSN ones for some reason. But at least I have the default ones working.

Thankx for the update!

John

zkorosi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by zkorosi » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:02 pm

I have the same problem. The error message:
Fatal error: Call to a member function data() on a non-object in /media/sda1/www/vav/plugins/system/yvsmiley.php on line 331

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:27 am

zkorosi wrote: I have the same problem. The error message:
Fatal error: Call to a member function data() on a non-object in /media/sda1/www/vav/plugins/system/yvsmiley.php on line 331
Thank you for your feedback!
It looks like your "Smiley set' file" has some other format, that yvSmiley expects. Please send me that file (or, better, point to the whole package to test).

zkorosi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by zkorosi » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:41 am

The packages are from the http://www.amsn-project.net/skins.php page. (Clearlooks and aMSN Vista Futurosoft) Is there any converter to make them simple cvs version smiley packages? There are lot of unnecessary files in the aMSN packages...

Thx: Zozo

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

yvSmiley - Problem with aMSN settings file solved

Post by yvolk » Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:16 am

yvolk wrote:
zkorosi wrote: I have the same problem. The error message:
Thank you for your feedback!
It looks like your "Smiley set' file" has some other format, that yvSmiley expects. Please send me that file (or, better, point to the whole package to test).
I downloaded Clearlooks skin and found out, that its 'settings.xml' file is not valid XML file:

Code: Select all

<emoticon>
         <name> Chien </name>
         <text> "(&)" </text>
         <file> Dog_face.gif </file>
      </emoticon> 
- here '&' should be replaced with '&' to make it valid (I'm attaching zip with the fixed file).
Anyway, new version of yvSmiley (1.2.3, Groundhog's day edition  :D) handles this error gracefully: at least it shows you smileys before this erroneous place in file.
BTW, you may turn debugging mode on to see exact place, where some error occurred.
zkorosi wrote: The packages are from the http://www.amsn-project.net/skins.php page. (Clearlooks and aMSN Vista Futurosoft) Is there any converter to make them simple cvs version smiley packages? There are lot of unnecessary files in the aMSN packages...
No, there is no converter. You may delete everything, that you don't need (e.g. everything, except settings.xml and images of smileys).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zkorosi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

THX for quick answer

Post by zkorosi » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:57 am

Hi, yvolk

Thanks for the quick answer, i'll try it.  :D

Zozo

lividsnails
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by lividsnails » Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:51 pm

I downloaded yv comments and it works fine.  I tried the smiley extension though and it installed but the smilies do not appear on the comments box.  I'm using php4 and I know you said it doesn't work optimally, but does that mean the smileys don't work at all?

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:48 am

lividsnails wrote: I downloaded yv comments and it works fine.  I tried the smiley extension though and it installed but the smilies do not appear on the comments box.  I'm using php4 and I know you said it doesn't work optimally, but does that mean the smileys don't work at all?
To check, if yvSmiley works, please set to 'Yes' 'Debugging mode' option of yvSmiley.

viet4777
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: yvSmiley - Smiley (Emoticon) native extension for Joomla! 1.

Post by viet4777 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:18 am

Thank the great plugin!

But I would this plugin act only in the specific section which I reserved for comments. In my case, session Id is 5, I try with many configurations but it do what I want.

You can see here an smiley apears http://kulkul.xahoihoctap.net/index.php ... /3B9FF76D/ in other component.
The image attached is the configuration.

Could you give me a solution for that!
Thank you very much!
http://kythuatvatlieu.org
http://kulkul.luyenkim.org
The 1st Vietnamse Portal in Metallurgy and Materials Technology
Sắt thép, nhiệt luyện, cán kéo kim loại, thiêu kết, mô phỏng, thí nghiệm, kiểm tra vật liệu, vô định hình, đúc hợp kim, tinh luyện

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:20 am

viet4777 wrote:But I would this plugin act only in the specific section which I reserved for comments. In my case, session Id is 5, I try with many configurations but it do what I want.
Could you give me a solution for that!
Please try and report results for this configuration:
1. "Enable Smiley replacements for the whole page"="No"
2. "Enable Smileys for the text of Articles"="Yes" (because comments are Articles for yvSmiley)
3. "SectionIDs of Articles: Comma separated list of IDs of Sections (of Articles)..."= e.g. "5", where "5" is ID of Section for Comments.
4. "Exclude Sections, selected above..."="No"

viet4777
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by viet4777 » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:09 am

Thank you for your fast reply!
I do as you guide, but It still do not display smiley icon in comment area! All smileys will be off!

I am using yvsmiley 1.2.3!
http://kythuatvatlieu.org
http://kulkul.luyenkim.org
The 1st Vietnamse Portal in Metallurgy and Materials Technology
Sắt thép, nhiệt luyện, cán kéo kim loại, thiêu kết, mô phỏng, thí nghiệm, kiểm tra vật liệu, vô định hình, đúc hợp kim, tinh luyện

yvolk
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by yvolk » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:45 am

viet4777 wrote:Thank you for your fast reply!
I do as you guide, but It still do not display smiley icon in comment area! All smileys will be off!

I am using yvsmiley 1.2.3!
1. Did you configured yvComment properly? (including "Execute content plugins"="Yes"...)
2. Try without "5" as SectionID

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”