Tracking "affiliate link" Click throughs :: Link Reporting

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! site? Pop your questions in here.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
x126
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Tracking "affiliate link" Click throughs :: Link Reporting

Post by x126 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:15 pm

I administer about 6 joomla sites - One thing that always becomes an issue is tracking click throughs to embedded affiliate links in content/articles.

for example: I have sponsors who sponsor keywords within my content - they provide me with affiliate links which I insert into content produced by writers. My sponsors provide me with affiliate tracking - however - I want to be able to compare these reports with my own reports generated based on what happens locally on my sites. ( to keep things honest - and allow me to compare - my reports to my advertisers )

I use Flexadvert for Banner Tracking which works for impressions and click-throughs if I HOST the banners - If I insert custom code - I lose tracking of click-throughs and can only track impressions.

the sites are built using Joomla 1.0.12 & 1.0.13 ( if this request is something that 1.5 can handle im all ears )

Is it possible to track ANY and ALL clicks on a joomla site?

In a column view: I can envision a report listing all linked items - then impressions - then click-throughs

additionally: in global config - I see statistics - it would be great to have another option for "Link Tracking" added to the existing:
Statistics: No Yes
Log Content Hits by Date: No Yes
Log Search Strings: No Yes

Any input or comments would be welcome!

x126
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Re: Tracking "affiliate link" Click throughs :: Link Reporting

Post by x126 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:13 pm

is this the right forum for this question? Should this question be in the components category?

or is there no way to accomplish this?

please advise

x126
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by x126 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:50 am

Does anyone have any input on this - surely im not the only person who requires this

paddingtonb
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by paddingtonb » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:26 pm

The silence that opens the wallet of the Joomla! lambs
Install Joomla! - Say hooray! - Then install Akeeba, for rainy days!

Return to “Administration - 1.0.x”