Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Script.

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
steve0
I've been banned!

Re: Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Scrip

Post by steve0 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:04 am

im definately missing something here arent i.....

steve0
http://www.media-hunter.com - a complete waste of time

steve0
I've been banned!

Re: Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Scrip

Post by steve0 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:46 pm

ok, i managed to get it right this time, i didnt use the installer, i just overwrote the files then updated the sql with the file provided.

cheers

steve0

maish
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by maish » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:46 pm

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

That is what happens when I click on the configuration.php file.

The contents of the file are

that is all

What happened?

The folder is created the database and user created without a problem

Anyone got an idea

It is a Cpanel server using only the autoinstaller not migrate

HELP!

steve0
I've been banned!

Post by steve0 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:02 pm

do you have a previous installed version of joomla?

steve0

maish
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Script.

Post by maish » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:47 pm

no first time

steve0
I've been banned!

Post by steve0 » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:26 pm

wel it seems to me like you have to contact your host.
the message you got shows that its there problem, not yours.
just send them a mail and give them a heads up, otherwise, you could just go for joomla`s zipped file of 1.0.3 and FTP it up to your directory.

steve0

Catamaran
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Joomla 7 Seconds Automatic INSTALLATION. FREE: Automatic Web INSTALLER Script.

Post by Catamaran » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:34 pm

First off, I thought this was a fabulous idea and service for the community  :D

That being said, I tried it with my Direct Admin details and got an immediate errr message:

[Direct Admin] Mambo - Joomla Auto Migration 1.0 Beta

*** Please correct error(s) ***
- Invalid Installation Directory

Current Joomla Version: 1.0.2

The install directory is the root directory, and there is a 4.5.2 site there.

An email to the address astang provided has gone unanswered for a day or more. Also, I note they are still using Joomla 1.0.2, when 1.0.3 has been out a while and 1.0.4 has just been released.

Are these guys still in the game? Would hate to lose this valuable asset...

Regards,
Cat

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:46 pm

hi cat,

are you trying to migrate or install?

- g
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

http://www.joomlaconsultancy.net

Catamaran
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Catamaran » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:15 pm

Migrate from Mambo 4.5.2 to latest stable Joomla. Wanted to wait for 1.1, but don't have that time luxury.

Cat

trip
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by trip » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:46 am

Hi there
will the installer be updated to version 1.04?
TriP
A clever man learns from his mistakes, but
A wise man learns from the mistakes of others.
http://www.raramuridesign.com / http://www.joomladay.org.za

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:01 am

Catamaran wrote: Migrate from Mambo 4.5.2 to latest stable Joomla. Wanted to wait for 1.1, but don't have that time luxury.

Cat
migration is here: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic,9238.0.html
trip wrote: Hi there
will the installer be updated to version 1.04?
TriP
no plans yet for 1.0.4, as you noticed joomla updates and security patches has been fast phasing, we will see back with the script when 1.1 comes out and do alpha testing again. for now still on 1.0.2. as we can still see bugs in the 1.0.4 release. see HERE for reference. apologies.

- g
Last edited by guilliam on Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I was one of those who wondered why people would pay so much $$$$ to do something that was so much fun!" -R. Harkrider, Fortran Code Engr.

Catamaran
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Catamaran » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:08 am

Ok, thanks, but that doesn't solve my immediate problem as posted. I can't get it to work to convert 4.5.2 Mambo to 1.2 Joomla. I reported to them, but no response to my email. Error encountered is in my original post.

I'm hoping that someone involved with that script can either fix or show me the error of my ways.....

Thanks,
Cat

manne2004
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by manne2004 » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:14 am

I assume PLESK users are not able to use this as yet.

What about creating a script that will get the zip file from the download site, transfer it and unzip it in a location there.
Then this will assist us that can't use the Automatic installation.

Anyone?

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:46 am

Catamaran wrote: Ok, thanks, but that doesn't solve my immediate problem as posted. I can't get it to work to convert 4.5.2 Mambo to 1.2 Joomla. I reported to them, but no response to my email. Error encountered is in my original post.

I'm hoping that someone involved with that script can either fix or show me the error of my ways.....

Thanks,
Cat
hope you can specify what is your WHM(web host manager) like plesk, helm, DA, cpanel,.. bec one whm environment is entirely different from another.

- g

Catamaran
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Catamaran » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:55 pm

Of course. Read my original posting just a little above this one..... DIRECT ADMIN.

I'll repeat it here as I really would appreciate some help on this one quickly.

Thanks

Catamaran wrote: First off, I thought this was a fabulous idea and service for the community  :D

That being said, I tried it with my Direct Admin details and got an immediate errr message:

[Direct Admin] Mambo - Joomla Auto Migration 1.0 Beta

*** Please correct error(s) ***
- Invalid Installation Directory

Current Joomla Version: 1.0.2

The install directory is the root directory, and there is a 4.5.2 site there.

An email to the address astang provided has gone unanswered for a day or more. Also, I note they are still using Joomla 1.0.2, when 1.0.3 has been out a while and 1.0.4 has just been released.

Are these guys still in the game? Would hate to lose this valuable asset...

Regards,
Cat

Catamaran
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Catamaran » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:13 pm

Any chance of getting an answer, response, anything to my question and problem, Guilliam?

Has this very cool invention been abandoned?

Would really appreciate some help.....

Regards
Cat

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Sat Nov 26, 2005 5:43 am

Catamaran wrote: Any chance of getting an answer, response, anything to my question and problem, Guilliam?

Has this very cool invention been abandoned?

Would really appreciate some help.....

Regards
Cat
cat pls proceed here: http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... #msg125344
people in this thread is discussing the auto installer while youre question is for the autom migration. pls proceed to the thread above provided. thank you.

- g

MystaMax
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MystaMax » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:18 am

is this project licensed someway?

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:36 am

MystaMax wrote: is this project licensed someway?
licensed?.. the script is sitting in our servers. its not downloadable. so there's no need to release it as gnu/gpl, commercial or some other else.

as stated in the legal policy,.. the scripts are there for free use to anyone. no license needed.

- g

MystaMax
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by MystaMax » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:39 am

thats why i ask :)

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Sat Nov 26, 2005 6:43 am

MystaMax wrote: thats why i ask :)
;) winks.

Azeem
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Joomla Installation? "Team Joomlancer Auto Web Installer Script" is the SOLU

Post by Azeem » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:05 pm

guilliam wrote: GOLDEN RULE: BACKUP your site first!  ;)
How about creating a script which does a full joomla backup as well? :)

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:10 pm

Azeem wrote:
guilliam wrote: GOLDEN RULE: BACKUP your site first!  ;)
How about creating a script which does a full joomla backup as well? :)
backup features are always pre-installed in hostings WHM's.

- guilliam

Azeem
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Azeem » Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:36 pm

I was wondering if there is any particular reason this project is not being released in the traditional downloadable sense where others can run these scripts on their servers. Even if you wanted not to give it away for free... for individuals who are doing joomla hosting it would save them alot of time, and would enable them to pump out joomla sites much faster...
I understand that you are running this as a service which is great and highly appreciated... but could it not be both?

Also for the future Imagine having all (or the most popular) components,mambots, and modules listed with checboxes and you could pick off whatever you want to be installed IN ONE SHOT... that would be amazing...

Epsylon
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Epsylon » Wed Dec 14, 2005 2:08 pm

If source code it's not available, I don't understand what this topic is doing in a board named "Open Source product". If you dont share the code, this means, among other, it's not under GPL licence ....

How can we check if you don't save the login/password used ien the GUI ??? (as eg.)

REEP
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by REEP » Wed Jan 25, 2006 2:55 am

guilliam wrote: (project description made in the http://developer.joomla.org waiting for approval but we NOW have an RC version live):
This project is to create a web based script that will be hosted in one server in which automatic installation of Joomla install files will be possible. This is to accommodate the most common dilemmas of Joomla newbies or aspiring Joomla End Users in downloading the Joomla release files in their local desktops and painstakingly uploading the files via FTP.

Aside from FULLY Automatic web upload of installation files, the program/script will also automatically create the Joomla mySQL DataBase. This will be done by simply filling into the installation info’s such as:
1. Domain (to  where the Joomla installation be made)
2. cPanel’s Username, Password & Theme

Joomla’s mySQL DataBase will be created simply by filling into the info’s like:
1. Desired DataBase Name
2. Desired DataBase Username
3. Desired DataBase Password

Project is estimated to be released to the public in 2 days time(September 27, 2005).
-->   http://joomla.astang.com   <--- 1.0 RC released to public currently open for Language translation. Translations will be posted as soon as translations sums up a good number.

Does this script work for the latest version

JacktheBear3
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by JacktheBear3 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:17 am

Question; while attempting to use the browser install script, I experience and error upon submitting. 
the only thing that is not correct (possibly) in the fields needed to process the script is the cPanel theme.... has anyone successfully auto installed while using a theme named "ANpanel" ?

I am green as it gets when it comes to cPanel, but had all the required servers tech on this space I have with cPanel and can't get the Joomla installer to load.

I am guessing that I have everything close, the Mambo self installer worked with the identical information on this server, however I wanted to have the Joomla installed clean so begin working with the project.  Another interesting point, the auto conversion worked as well, I converted the Mambo  to Joomla using the other script here... it accepted all the criteria and did it's thing.

Side Note:  I think it really only took 6.5 seconds.

~W~

PS:  here's the error code/page

Main Page

error!

Possible Error(s):
- invalid username/pass
- invalid cPanel theme
Last edited by JacktheBear3 on Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

ianmac
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by ianmac » Fri Mar 10, 2006 1:49 pm

Is it necessary to install through the control panel?  Couldn't you do it through ftp?  This would solve the safe mode problems and everything.  Maybe this is a lot more work, but could you have the script ftp all the files onto the new server, create an install script that would run from your server and then upload the configuration.php and run the sample data onto the database?  You could also set all file permissions on ftp (didn't read all the posts to see if that was still an issue).  Maybe this is just too much load on your server though...

Ian

JohanLM
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by JohanLM » Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:13 pm

First of all!
A M A Z I N G!

I never used Joomla in any way and was just about to upload and hook it up when I saw this post. Just installed it by just following your instructions and so far everything looks dandy.

1 thing though. You still have the 1.07 version when 1.08 is out there.
Prob. just over looked or some other reasons, just thought I'd point this out. :)

guilliam
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Post by guilliam » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:28 pm

we skipped 1.0.8 since if oyu may notice it has a lot of bugs and we consider 1.0.7 is definetely more stable. :)

- g

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”