Bigo Captcha

Do you have an Open Source Product available for Joomla!? Let everyone know here.
jeffj803
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Bigo Captcha

Post by jeffj803 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:12 am

I have it working on registration, contacts, and yvcomment now. The trouble I was having with yv was that I was using a logged in user to view it and yv is coded to only use captcha if a guest is logged in. With the contact page make sure your contact in the backend is set to use captcha. As for the registration page I used some code someone else posted on the 1st page I believe and just modified it a little. Im flying tomorrow but I can upload the registration files for ya tomorrow if you cant find them. You can see what I have going on at http://www.awesomelyaverage.com/apps/joomla to see how my stuff is implimented.
Good luck,
Jeff

believe
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by believe » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:44 am

I Would be so appreciative :)

jeffj803
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jeffj803 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:20 pm

Here are the two files that you need to replace for the registration form
components/com_user/controller.php
components/com_user/views/register/tmpl/default.php

As for the contact form be sure to go to your existing contacts in the backend and check captcha, selecte hide then show and save it so it applies it and that should fix up the contact form.

Looking back at your previous posts it appears you are trying to incorporate into community builder, the files I have attached are for Joomla registration, not community builder...Im not using community builder but you should be able to look at the files and apply the same code to community builder.

Jeff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

bigodines
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by bigodines » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:37 pm

thanks for providing the patch jeff :pop

jeffj803
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jeffj803 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:38 pm

Not a problem. I did modify the layout slightly so it is more functional. Also the print parameters command is still in the code for the contacts page. Might confuse some people if they go to their contacts page and get a slew of code across the top. By the way, great plugin.
Jeff

believe
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by believe » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:47 pm

jeffj803 wrote:Here are the two files that you need to replace for the registration form
components/com_user/controller.php
components/com_user/views/register/tmpl/default.php

As for the contact form be sure to go to your existing contacts in the backend and check captcha, selecte hide then show and save it so it applies it and that should fix up the contact form.

Looking back at your previous posts it appears you are trying to incorporate into community builder, the files I have attached are for Joomla registration, not community builder...Im not using community builder but you should be able to look at the files and apply the same code to community builder.

Jeff
I don't have the slightest clue were to attach the file to within community builder. Now I wish that I had never used Community Builder. :'(

believe
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by believe » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:33 pm

Eureka!!!! Finally this beautiful capthcha works, Just not in Community Builder. I disabled CB and enabled Joomla login and all is well. If anyone finds out how to make it work in Community Builder. It really does pay to keep trying to figure it out. ;) :D

believe
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by believe » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:29 pm

Eureka!!!! Finally this beautiful capthcha works, Just not in Community Builder. I disabled CB and enabled Joomla login and all is well. If anyone finds out how to make it work in Community Builder. It really does pay to keep trying to figure it out. ;) :D
Ok I hope I have not spoken too soon, because upon logging in as admin from the front page, I received this error

Fatal error: Call to undefined method JRequest::checktoken() in C:\wamp\www\Joomla-1.5RC4\components\com_user\controller.php on line 114

HELP :-[ PLEASE

jeffj803
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jeffj803 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:34 am

Havent looked at the code but I might suspect something within joomla since you are using a release candidate rather than the official release?

believe
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by believe » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:26 am

jeffj803 wrote:Havent looked at the code but I might suspect something within joomla since you are using a release candidate rather than the official release?
Are you keen on upgrading? Do I have to install all over again? Or do I just have to copy over the files with my 1.5RC4 files?

jeffj803
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jeffj803 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:59 am

It should be just a matter of overwriting your current files with the newer release but I can't say for sure whether or not if your addon modules components and plugins will need to be reinstalled. There are upgrade files available but I don't know if those are for a release candidate or an actual release. Easiest thing would be to make a backup copy of your koomla folder then if it doesn't work you can just restore your backup.

slashtact
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by slashtact » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:08 am

Hello,

I have followed the instructions that I have pieced together from these various resources, those being:

1. Install the plugin.
2. Publish the plugin.
3. Backup the com files you wish to replace (mine being only the registration template and controller)
4. Replace the component files (I used the attached files that jeff provided)
5. (OPTIONAL) Clear the Joomla! Cache.
6. Test the registration form.

The problem I am having is that I get the following error on a correct code:

"You have entered the wrong CAPTCHA sequence. Please try again."

I am running a fresh install of Joomla! 1.5.2 Production/Stable [ Woi ] 22-March-2008 22:00 GMT. I am also running PHP 5.2.5 and MySQL 5.0. Any insight as to what might be wrong would be greatly appreciated.

jerzy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jerzy » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:18 pm

Hi Bigodines,
Have you had time to look into my previous post? I still have the trouble that i do not get a error message when you do not fill in the image right or any other field which is needed. I hope you can help me out. I have tried to look into it myself, but it is just to damn difficult for me, sorry.

Jerzy

bigodines
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by bigodines » Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:49 pm

Couldn't replicate your problem Jerzy.

Everything is working as expected in my installation.

RtX
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: Bigo Captcha Updates?

Post by RtX » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:13 pm

Hi, and thanks for a great plug-in. In the extension directory it says that the plug-in was last updated 30 days ago, but I downloaded my copy before that, but when I try and download the new version it seems to be the same. Just wanted to check I am not doing something wrong?
Thanks again,
RtX

bigodines
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by bigodines » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:31 pm

@RtX: extension is the same. The only updated thing was the project description.

-bigo

RtX
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by RtX » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:13 am

OK, thanks again for the quality plug-in.

aryanto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to add to user and administrator login form?

Post by aryanto » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:56 pm

Hello,

The only complete procedure I found in implementing Bigo Captcha is here:

http://www.joomla.com.br/blog/2008/01/2 ... component/

But that only applies to the contact form.

I have been trying to adapt that procedure to have the captcha on the user login and administration login forms. But I still can not make it working. I am very new to Joomla! so I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

believe
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: How to add to user and administrator login form?

Post by believe » Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:25 pm

aryanto wrote:Hello,

The only complete procedure I found in implementing Bigo Captcha is here:

http://www.joomla.com.br/blog/2008/01/2 ... component/

But that only applies to the contact form.

I have been trying to adapt that procedure to have the captcha on the user login and administration login forms. But I still can not make it working. I am very new to Joomla! so I would really appreciate any help on this.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
Try this, http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 8#p1265732 download the zip file and replace the two files. It worked like a charm for me in my registration and login.
Hope this helps

aryanto
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How to add to user and administrator login form?

Post by aryanto » Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:16 am

believe wrote:Try this, http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f ... 8#p1265732 download the zip file and replace the two files. It worked like a charm for me in my registration and login.
I had a look on that patch before. But I have not tried that as I think that only applies to the registration form. So it does not provide the captcha particularly for the administration login form.

Thanks a lot anyway for your response.

jerzy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jerzy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:25 am

bigodines wrote:Couldn't replicate your problem Jerzy.

Everything is working as expected in my installation.
It is indeed working fine! There is only nothing said to be wrong. The text and the textbox turn red if you do not fill in anything.

The only problem I still have is that once i hit the submit button, without filling in the correct captcha it returns to the same page, but all field turn blank.....

dax702
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by dax702 » Mon May 12, 2008 8:37 pm

I would like to see Bigo captcha integrated with Phoca Guestbook :pop

yumbaman
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by yumbaman » Thu May 15, 2008 1:19 am

I have the contact us and the registration form page working. I am having a problem after pressing submit, i am returned to the contact us page with no confirmation. I then go back to the homepage and receive the Thank you banner at the top. I have provided a link to the page. I want it to have a confirmation banner or at least return to the homepage. I think it was working before the patch for the contact page. http://yumbaman.dyndns.org

mikew315
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by mikew315 » Thu May 22, 2008 9:05 pm

I seem to be having an issue with the captcha image not loading for yvcomments. All I get is the text "The word for verification. Lowercase letters only with no spaces." I'm using Joomla 1.5.2 with yvcomments 1.16.0 you can view the page here. First I checked to verify safe_mode is off and as far as I can determine it is. The error log however states that the allowed memory size is exhausted. I don't know much about PHP so I was hoping someone could help. Here's some of the error log:

[19-May-2008 13:00:28] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 7864320 bytes) in /home/middleto/public_html/libraries/tcpdf/unicode_data.php on line 16467
[22-May-2008 15:40:25] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 196608 bytes) in /home/middleto/public_html/plugins/system/Captcha04/CaptchaImage.php on line 76
[22-May-2008 15:43:33] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 71 bytes) in /home/middleto/public_html/plugins/system/Captcha04/CaptchaImage.php on line 267
[22-May-2008 15:48:20] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 73 bytes) in /home/middleto/public_html/plugins/system/Captcha04/CaptchaImage.php on line 313
[22-May-2008 15:59:18] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 74 bytes) in /home/middleto/public_html/plugins/system/Captcha04/CaptchaImage.php on line 76
[22-May-2008 15:59:23] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 16777216 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 73 bytes) in /home/middleto/public_html/plugins/system/Captcha04/CaptchaImage.php on line 313

I don't know if this an error with the PHP/server or Joomla itself or the plugin. Thanks in advance for any help.

rheinig
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rheinig » Fri May 23, 2008 10:26 pm

Hello community,

my testing shows
a) Bigo Catcha does not conflict with PHP safe mode (using current XAMPP)
b) Bigo Catcha does not conflict with SEF (at least with Joomla! 1.5.3)
c) Bigo Catcha has no special problems with IE7, Opera 9.27, Safari 3.1.1 (and probably IE6 neither, though who is that dumb nowadays (self::answer(JText::_('probably over 90% of those damn users');))
d) What will cause problems, and where we can do nothing but inform the users, is Cookie blocking and settings to suppress GIF animation.
e) There's templates out there which neglect to pass on entries from the message queue. Those here experiencing just a drop back to the form when they submit their captcha incorrectly (or even with a correct one) might want to check whether the main index.php in their template has a "<jdoc:include type="message" />" or not.

Cookies: No, as far as I can tell, Joomla! does not have the capability to maintain a session without cookies (which one would implement using GUIDs in a return URL). For users blocking Cookies, the experience will often be frustrating. I have yet to look into the code to determine if a simple but reliable test might enable a specific message in this case. Probably, the 'word' request var comes back as null or an empty string, we might want to return a special message for that case.

Animation settings: I believe it to be a widely adopted practice with Internet Explorer users to disable animation. After all, lacking extensions like noscript or adblock it's one of the very few things they can do to ease headaches. With firefox, a similar setting is possible, though as far as I know not through the standard options dialog. I'll try a list: IE7:
Alt( >:( ),Extras,Internet Options,Advanced,scroll down to Multimedia,First entry. FF2: go to url about:config, select setting image.animation_mode, 'normal' is OK, the others are as far as I remember 'once' and 'none'. Safari: no idea. Opera: Tools,Preferences,Advanced,Content,first entry.

JavaScript: Disabling JS will not render a captcha-using form inoperable, if that form was JS-blocking-tolerant before. Still, one can do much using JS to ease user experience (hints: hasTip class, the validator built into Joomla, allow requesting a fresh captcha without a postback,...)

To all potential admins who might want to activate captcha usage by just unzipping one of the patch archives: I urge you to learn to 'think for yourself'. As far as I can tell, the one I checked is not derived from the 1.5.3 codebase, so at least do yourself the favor to merge the patch with the current code using one of the many diff/merge tools out there. I myself use WinDiff (no special endorsement meant), which makes that task a breeze: Just skip over those changed die-exit sequences with Alt-down, merge in the captcha-specific stuff with alt-left/right (depending on which version you opened first), save, done. Example: see attachment. Captcha integration for register,reset,remind,contact with a few whistles. Won't work without looking at what you're doing: You'll notice I show the markup generation in a template as the template needs to kill all those layout tables the joomla core still throws around anyway. So you'll either have to copy them into *your* template (adapting css if necessary) or merge them back to their core places. Additionally, you'll have to provide the languace-specific strings which I have not included. If you look into the source you'll readily see where I have stored those...

Errors: No Image and nowhere an error message to be seen? Entering the img's url directly might show that error message. That one gives you an "invalid image" or so? Try the request in a tool that allows you to examine the response in raw form. It might just be that the browser is trying to interpret an error message as gif, because it has been told to in the headers...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Guy007
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Guy007 » Sat May 24, 2008 9:11 am

Hi

I want to add bigocaptcha to my default joomla 1.5 contact form. I followed the instructions at http://www.joomla.com.br/blog/2008/01/2 ... component/ (also downloaded and used the supplied zip file), but I'm having 2 problems:

1) The image is not showing up, despite the fact that the plugin is enabled :S In internet explorer it shows up as a Red X. When I try to navigate directly to the URL of the image in firefox (eg http://localhost/index.php?option=com_c ... ntact_id=1) I get the error:

Code: Select all

The image “http://localhost/index.php?option=com_contact&task=displaycaptcha&contact_id=1” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
What's wrong!? :eek:

2) If you enter an incorrect code and submit, I think you'll loose all the form values... not good :S Any ideas how it can be solved?

safe_mode is disabled in my php.ini

Thanks m8s! :D

dan

Chacapamac
Joomla! Ace
Joomla! Ace

Post by Chacapamac » Tue May 27, 2008 12:51 pm

Can you use it with Joomla Comments?
Can God help us?
Marketing, SEO, Web development - Powered by Joomla!
http://www.grafcomm.ca/

rheinig
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rheinig » Thu May 29, 2008 2:10 pm

Guy007: Again: If Firefox gives you the invalid image message (and other browsers display a red or blue "X"), it may be the case that the server's response consisted of the normal headers for a gif but an error message instead of the GIF bits. The error message, once you manage to read it, may even give helpful clues.
To get at the raw response, I'd use Sam Spade (samspade.org seems to no longer offer the download, you might find it googling for "spade114.exe"), a power user might even venture to do it with telnet, but here's a curious trick: Go get Firebug (currently 1.05) if you haven't got it already. Load the captcha image directly, so that you see the bad image message. Open firebug and go to the script page - it will display the response as text even if there's no script around!

As for lost input - a good back button will do it, won't it?

Piszi
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Piszi » Fri May 30, 2008 2:06 am

Hi

I have the same problem what Guy007, but i have the error in the registration form.
when i installed the plug in everithing were fine but when i changed the style of the error/notice/standard message ( in template.css ) and refreshed the page a couple of times (until the modification) the image was gone.
And firebug shows in code view something strange instead of a normal code when i try to display the image ( index.php?option=com_user&task=displaycaptcha ).
Something like this:

Code: Select all

ěřT`Ś@F;t,�ş�XÚ1�ĆŕŃ@Â�2�:$ďn`�ÇH˝đţ7 �bäe�
Jesus he knows me!

Guy007
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Guy007 » Sat May 31, 2008 9:27 am

Thanks for your reply

I just uploaded my site online from localhost. Strangely enough it works now :) Must have been something with my local config - what it is i don't know, but it worked!

Return to “Open Source Products for Joomla!”