OK, today I updated the module a little bit:
Copyright (C) 2007, 2008 Omar Ramos, Imperial Valley College and Rich Dorfman, WebFeats! ( http://www.web-feats.com
# -> Bug Fix
+ -> Addition
! -> Change
- -> Removed
! -> Note
1.5.1 2008-05-22 / Omar Ramos
# Fixed SQL error when module was called on Section page
+ Added new layout in tmpl directory named "menustyle"...uses the menu class for displaying links
+ Added switch that allows users to use the module in "automatic" and manual modes.
# Added 'stripext=".php"' attribute to filelist parameter in mod_articles.xml so that layouts do not show .php extension. Having the extension breaks JModuleHelper::getLayoutPath()
+ Added filename entry in mod_articles.xml for menustyle.php tmpl file
1.5.0 2008-05-17 / Omar Ramos
! Initial Release, Based off of the work of Rich Dorfman on Categories 1.5
+ Added support for SEF URLs
+ Added support for automatic display of Article listings on Category Pages (rather than creating individual modules for each Category you want to Display articles for)
! Cleaned up helper.php to use conventions used in Latest News and Popular Core Modules
! Modified Text to reflect mod_articles rather than mod_categories
Still have some cleanup to do with the SQL query. I don't know if I noticed it correctly but it looks like Joomla is still executing the query when nothing is being set.
I would welcome any comments that anybody may have!