Email to Fax plug-in?

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
rstevenson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Email to Fax plug-in?

Post by rstevenson » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:06 pm

Hello,
I have a client who wants to be able to send emails and perhaps newsetters direct to fax machines from within Joomla. Does anyone know about this? Is there perhaps a plug-in/extension for Joomla that will do this?

Thanks for any hints.

Rob

Aradise
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Email to Fax plug-in?

Post by Aradise » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:34 pm

I have the same need for my client. For whatever reason it seems the "fax" is leaving us slower than most of us had anticipated.

It would be great to find a way to incorporate it in Joomla, maybe through one of the popular fax to email providers. Pulling from our local database of users, I envision a simple menu choice like "send a fax message" from the backend.
Web designers in Valparaiso, Indiana specializing in Joomla! http://www.aradise.com

rstevenson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by rstevenson » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:47 pm

That's exactly what we were thinking, with the addition of being able to select a group and then send a fax to all of them with one click of the Send a Fax button. The groups could be remembered or assembled on the fly by selecting (checkmarking) from a list.

Perhaps one or more of the FOIP servers have a plug-in just waiting for us to use? :laugh:

Rob

Aradise
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Aradise » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:10 pm

I looked around a bit more after my initial post and found some encouraging news. I didn't find any Joomla specific documentation but it seems efax.com, for example, offers XML-based fax service, which should make it pretty easy. That is, easy for a programmer, not me ;)

I'm meeting with my client on Thursday to talk about this. If they are willing, I may be looking for some bids on one of the geek-for-hire web sites. I wouldn't imagine it would take more than 2 or 3 hundred dollars to get done.
Web designers in Valparaiso, Indiana specializing in Joomla! http://www.aradise.com

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”