Anchor Text

General questions relating to Joomla! 1.5 There are other boards for more specific help on Joomla! features and extensions.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you should use this tool to help you post.
markz269
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Anchor Text

Post by markz269 » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:41 pm

Am I understanding this Anchor Text button correctly. I'm thinking that this means if you have a text that says Birmingham and you want that to point to a page, but you want the anchor text to be "Birmingham Divorce Attorney" you don't have to actually change the text on the page to Birmingham Divorce Attorney. You can leave it just Birmingham but change the anchor text and still get the same effect as if it says Birmingham Divorce Attorney. Is this correct or do I have to actually change the text on the page to Birmingham Divorce Attorney to get the full power?

dextercowley
Joomla! Virtuoso
Joomla! Virtuoso

Re: Anchor Text

Post by dextercowley » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:05 am

Hi. I believe that an Anchor is a link within a page. So if you want to link not just to the top of a page but to a point within the page you use an Anchor. As far as how you create an anchor (with TinyMCE), the anchor "name" and the text that forms the link to the text can be completely different. The name of the anchor in the link must of course match the name of the anchor tag in the target document. Hope this helps. Mark
Mark Dexter
"Well...how did I get here?"

Return to “General Questions/New to Joomla! 1.5”