Installation Manual for Joomla! on GoDaddy servers

Joomla version 1.0 is end-of-life and are no longer supported. Please use Joomla 3.x instead.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
T_HIK
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Re: Installation Manual for Joomla! on GoDaddy servers

Post by T_HIK » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:00 am

I have installed Joomla! 1.5.3 but the most manuals are for 1.0.15 :( so I would like to change it. But I have no clue of how I can do this. Is there anybody who can explain to me how I can change this??

rmaytee
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by rmaytee » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:17 pm

amu0373 wrote:
liten wrote: I was wondering if these instructions would be applicable to a windows hosting package on GoDaddy or do I have to switch over to their Linux one?
Windows Hosting plan runs ASP. Joomla needs PHP in order to run so your stuck to Linux. You can easly (and for free) convert your current hosting plan from Windows to Linux from the GoDaddy control panel.
Can you still do things on a Windows based system, even if Linux OS hosting is enabled?

The instructions say I can "Switch Operating System" in the hosting account details, but I don't see that option.

k4lch
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by k4lch » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:46 pm

Log in to your host control panel click on domain name in the right click upgrading/downgrading link select linux hosting there then click continue follow the rest of the steps
Loyd Headrick
http://wx4lh.info

rmaytee
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by rmaytee » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:58 pm

And I can still use my windows machine to maintain the site?

k4lch
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by k4lch » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:20 pm

if you are talking about using you local windows system you can as you login thru web browser
Loyd Headrick

ViruSoul
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by ViruSoul » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Thanks (-:

eratl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by eratl » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:08 pm

When building my 1st (and only) Joomla site, the single most important item useful to helping me understand how and where the various modules would show up was the inline positions. I could open that and know where to start. Also by using that, I was able to determine which files I needed to edit to tweak the site to make something work.

I recently tried to build a second site on GoDaddy but the only version they support is 1.5 which does not have the Inline Positions. I have been working for two weeks to try and figure out where the modules show up and how to locate various modules and elements to resize my templates, etc. I finally had to completely uninstall Joomla 1.5. Now I am trying to reinstall 1.0.5 back into my site and having problems with the installation since GoDaddy no longer supports it and it has to be manually uploaded one folder at a time. I cannot believe Joomla developers left out the Inline Positions. Can this not be put back? I'm sure 1.5 works well for experienced Joomla users but for me it's caused nothing but headaches. What a colossal mistake!

I said all that to say this: Now that I have uninstalled 1.5 and cannot reinstall if from within GoDaddy, I've tried and tried to reinstall 1.0.5 manually and keep getting error messages. I have checked and doubled checked all the files and folders. They are all there. I should note I am running a law office site on GoDaddy under a senate site.

Here's my error messages. I hope someone can help explain. I'm totally lost.

Warning: main(../includes/version.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/j/o/h/johnedva/html/lawoffice/installation/index.php on line 22

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '../includes/version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/j/o/h/johnedva/html/lawoffice/installation/index.php on line 22

k4lch
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by k4lch » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:28 pm

you can still view them there are 2 ways to go
1 http://domainname.com/index?tp=1
or
template manager select your template click edit then click preview

you can upload the zip file to server then thru file manager of your host control panel unarchive the zip file
as for reinstalling 1.5 you can do it manually just have to have database set up first then you can run the web installer
write down the host name for the database "pxxmysqlxxx.securserver.net" database name and password the user name is the same as database name
Loyd Headrick

turminator
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by turminator » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:33 pm

Hello!

I purchase the cheapest hosting at Godaddy (Linux) and when I start the installation progress , when I connect with database shows error. I write:

Servername: p41mysql93.secureserver.net
Username MySQL: myusername
Password MySQL: pass about MYSQL
Databasename MySQL: same that myusername
Prefix database MySQL: jos_

When I check continue show me an error that says: The username or password are bad. How can i do to solvent it?

I see on my Godaddy Hosting Control Center and the status about my database name is: Pending setup.

Thanks a lot!

Sorry for my bad english. I'm spanish.

k4lch
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by k4lch » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:31 pm

go in to you host control panel check the database to see if it showing setup if still pending try to create a new database wait about 20 minutes for it to set up then check it.

database has to be setup to work
Loyd Headrick

turminator
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by turminator » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:33 pm

Thanks for the information!

I contact with Godaddy and say me that they have problems with database. Now I can finish the installation :D.

Thanks a lot and best regards!

highnascent
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by highnascent » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:38 am

I just looked at the tutorial and it seems quite straight forward. I am persuaded to go with GoDaddy instead of the Yahoo hosting solution.

user21009
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by user21009 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:40 pm

Hi

I have uploaded my site (copy paste all files) to my godaddy windows account. I have setup the database. Everything works fine except from the fact that whenever I try to install a plugin or module on my godaddy hosting account it gives me a blank screen instead of the installation successful message and it does not install it. I once got a message saying "Error 500 - There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed".
I have successfully manage to install all the plugins and modules on my WAMP server at home and they work fine. I don't know what's the problem. I tried to contact godaddy and they told me they cannot give support to third party code.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

highnascent
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by highnascent » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:41 pm

Hmm... What do they mean third party ?

user21009
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by user21009 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:14 pm

this is the reply I got from them:

Thank you for contacting Online Support. In regards to your issue with installing a plug in, unfortunately we cannot provide technical support or assistance for any third party code, scripting or applications beyond ensuring proper connection strings are in place for database and hosting connectivity. You will need use an internet search engine or http://help.godaddy.com to find more information concerning your issue(s). We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause you.

thanks in advance

eratl
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Will Pay-Any Joomla Dev. Good with GoDaddy Mysql Databases?

Post by eratl » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:56 am

Hi,

I had to uninstall Joomla 1.5 on my Godaddy server and reinstall it. When I reinstalled it, it created a new MYsql database which has none of the site content from a senate site. The site has been down for weeks and every time I uninstall Joomla and resinstall it, it creates a new Mysql database which contains none of the data from my site and template.

I tried to import the site content from my original backup of the database into the new, most recent database it created and got this error when going to the site:

jtablesession::Store Failed
DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'client_id' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( '65abf8a7ffdd7e222da171de5f7cbecf','1222047948','','0','1','0' )

Is there anyone that knows how to import the site data from my original Mysql database into the new one without getting these errors?

Note: I could get the site to pull up with the standard Joomla default templates before I tried to import the original Mysql database. Now when I try to go to the site, I get the above-mentioned errors. I get those same errors when going to my admin login page whereas, I could login in fine before. The default Joomla templates were there before with all the content. When I selected my own template (with all the site content) it came up blank.

I am willing to pay someone a reasonable fee to help fix this fast! It should be someone familiar with Godaddy servers and datebases as well as Mysql in general. Time is of the essence.

One other thing: When I did the import from the backup of my database into the new one created when the reinstall was done, it said the import was successfull yet....I get the above weird messages which I'll repreat here again:

I click on my site name and the name comes up ok but this is what comes up in the window which indicates to me something did not in fact import correctly:

jtablesession::Store Failed
DB function failed with error number 1054
Unknown column 'client_id' in 'field list' SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( '65abf8a7ffdd7e222da171de5f7cbecf','1222047948','','0','1','0' )

Chalk_Dust
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Chalk_Dust » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:10 am

I'm having very similar errors (person directly above me), and I'm trying to do a manual install. Someone please remind me why it's a good idea to try to do manual install rather than GoDaddy's script installer.

Chalk_Dust
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Chalk_Dust » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:32 am

. never mind

elxicano
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by elxicano » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:14 pm

I have a very noob question to ask...

I've uploaded and installed everything successfully on my godaddy.com hosted account, but I can only access my site by entering... www.mysite.com/joomla/

How do I get it to open up at www.mysite.com?

Any help is greatly appreciated even if it is just pointing me in the right direction somewhere in the manual.

Thanks and Cheers :)

k4lch
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by k4lch » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:27 am

The deluxe and premium plans will do multiple domains
Loyd Headrick

pokersd
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pokersd » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:53 am

someone wrote:I have a very noob question to ask...

I've uploaded and installed everything successfully on my godaddy.com hosted account, but I can only access my site by entering... http://www.mysite.com/joomla/

How do I get it to open up at http://www.mysite.com?

Any help is greatly appreciated even if it is just pointing me in the right direction somewhere in the manual.

Thanks and Cheers

I am having the exact same problem, cant find an answer anywhere.

edit: Figured it out, but i had to uninstall and reinstall. when it asks you where you want to install joomla just choose the root folder, www.yoursite.com instead of www.yoursite.com/joomla.

bam
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bam » Mon Nov 17, 2008 5:19 pm

Hi everyone!

I have a Windows OS
If I choose Linux Hosting plan in GoDaddy will I be able to work properly with Joomla from my computer?

Regards,
BAM

k4lch
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by k4lch » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:38 pm

yes no problems
I do it every day
Loyd Headrick

Chalk_Dust
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Chalk_Dust » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:35 pm

Where is the control panel located at GoDaddy as far as installing Joomla automatically? They have changed things around since I last logged in, and now I can't find the auto-installer. Does anyone know? Any tips will be much appreciated. Thank you!

k4lch
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by k4lch » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:40 am

there should be a link on the right but it is also under content tab at the bottom of list
Loyd Headrick

katsarecool
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by katsarecool » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:27 am

Has anyone used Joomlapack? I'm building a site on my computer using Localhost. I'm almost finished with building it. I have my database all setup on my computer, now I need to upload the joomla site I built along with the DB. Do I need to upload the folder with all the Joomla files? If that's the case how do I get the DB I created up on the Godaddy server to reflect what I have done and keep it in tacked? HELP!!!!!

k4lch
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by k4lch » Wed Dec 31, 2008 2:54 am

if you have phpmyadmin download from http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php
you can export a copy of the database then upload it to you host account db_backups directory.
open host account manager database > mysql select your database then click on the pencil icon next to it this will open a page with database info you will see a button marked restore click on it then select the sql file you uploaded then click ok it will take a few minutes to restore
you are waiting for it to restore edit configuration.php with the info listed for database.
Loyd Headrick

vegansgreen
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vegansgreen » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks for the PDF. I am wondering if I can follow the same steps mentioned to upload a site that I created on my local server. The instructions seem to be pointed towards a fresh install of Joomla!, am I reading this wrong?

When uploading a completed site to Godaddy, is there anything in particular that I should pay attention to?

Thank you

animas
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by animas » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:45 pm

vegansgreen wrote:Thanks for the PDF. I am wondering if I can follow the same steps mentioned to upload a site that I created on my local server.
I need to know the same.

k4lch
Joomla! Hero
Joomla! Hero

Post by k4lch » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:11 am

for completed sites make sure all files transfered and that you have the correct info for database and paths.
Loyd Headrick

Return to “Installation - 1.0.x”