how to change header image?

Everything to do with Joomla! 1.5 templates and templating.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
rajoo_sh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

how to change header image?

Post by rajoo_sh » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:31 pm

Hi,
I want different header images article/category wise, should I use multiple templates? or the banner component can be used? I've attached two dummy screen shots for your reference to explain what I actually want.

Please help
Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

richrc1131
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Re: how to change header image?

Post by richrc1131 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:50 pm

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but Ninjoomla.com has an extension that allows you to treat your logo position as a module position.

Jim Simpson
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Jim Simpson » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:31 pm

I have the same problem. I can't change any images (background image) on the template. I went to the source file and saw nothing!

richrc1131
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by richrc1131 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:37 am

If you're not having trouble with changing the image in the logo position, you might be better served by starting a new thread for having trouble changing the background image otherwise possible solutions for the logo position problem might be jumbled together with yours.

rajoo_sh
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by rajoo_sh » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:37 am

Hi Rich,

Thank you so much for the reply, I'll try this module, I guess it will solve my problem (although its for 1.0).

I'll get back to you after using this.

Regards

keruchan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by keruchan » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:14 am

I dont know if this will help...
try making a new category or section ..name it "banners" assign the position where you wanted your banner/image be, then 'write new article" on that article just put in the image nothing else. edit the parameter to fit on that position, make the background transparent (if there no such parameter then make a class for CSS and do the edit there).... then assign it to banners category, edit its page assignment (like how you assign menus for every page) , select the page you wanted them to be.

lets say to make it short... the banner is not actually a banner... it is an article (with no article inside instead it was just an image.) and will only appear where you assign him to be, like how other article appears when you click certain menu.

sounds crazy .. :eek:

danclarkson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by danclarkson » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:18 pm

Hi,

I'm also interested in being able to design a site using Joomla that allows a different main image near the tope of the page for each of the main sections.

Is there any easy way to achieve this or not ?

Thanks

Dan (very newbie)

Efedro
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Efedro » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:25 am

rajoo_sh wrote:I want different header images article/category wise, should I use multiple templates? or the banner component can be used?
You have to use some self-made script to show different logo in your design.
Signature rules: Literal URLs only - http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=65

danclarkson
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by danclarkson » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:08 pm

OK , I take it you mean pop some php script in to work out from the url what categoty you are viewing and retrieve an image based on that ?

keruchan
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by keruchan » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Just insert this kind of joomla php code

Code: Select all

<jdoc:include type="modules" name="bannerhead" style="raw" />
you can name it what ever you want. paste it on the div where you want your banner/header image to appear.

on the XML add a bannerhead on the position. or what ever name you wish. just make sure the name you indicated on the code is the same as the name you will add on the XML.

after doing that, log on the backend, go to banner under components. add a client and a category and then make a dummy banner. (you can not add a banner without atleast a client and category.) don't fill up the URL coz you are not using it as a banner, instead you will be using it as a header.

after doing so, go to module, add module , select Banner.
configure the banner , make sure you select the right position, for my example it is bannerhead, don't forget to select the category you wanted it to appear. in this way you can make different header in every category you wish.

select the only client and the category you made on the parameters.
then add a CSS suffix (don't forget this one coz this is important.) for example: _homeheader. then save.

now this is the trick.
go to your template.css
type down the CSS suffix for my example it is

div .bannergroup_homeheader div{
visibility:hidden;
}
This will hide the the Div that contain the img src.

then replace it with background image.

div .bannergroup_homehead{
	background-image:url(../images/home.png);
	background-position: top right;
	background-repeat:no-repeat;
	width: 505px;  (the width of your image)
	height: 256px; (common sense)
	padding-bottom: 2px; (common sense)
}

if you have 7 header then make a 7 banner module, just use the same client and category ... who cares if they have the same image, you will only hide the image using CSS and replace it ^^. just don't forget to add a suffix on the parameter of every banner module you make so that you have the control over them.

EsorOne
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by EsorOne » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:28 pm

keruchan, thx..

Your sulution works really good...

Thx again

Return to “Templates for Joomla! 1.5”