140 - Create a Joomla! v 1.5 Blog Sidebar Calendar Component

Google's Highly Open Participation Program tries to get young students into Open Source and Joomla! specifically. Everyone is welcome, there are not limits. You can be a coder, documenter, tester, translator to help out. Jump in and start helping!
justo.derivera
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Re: 140 - Create a Joomla! v 1.5 Blog Sidebar Calendar Component

Post by justo.derivera » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Hi MiCCAS, I noticed that bug too and already fixed it. I will release the new version soon when I add a few more changes (in a couple hours).
Thanks for the information ;)
Last edited by justo.derivera on Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MiCCAS
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MiCCAS » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:32 pm

justo.derivera wrote: Hi MiCCAS, I noticed that bug too and already fixed it. I will release the new version soon when I add a few more changes (in a couple hours).
Thanks for the information ;)
No worries man, you're making an amazing system!

Can I make a suggestion too, when you have like list enabled, get the calendar javascript inclusion to disable.

Dunno if this is really a bug as such, but it also conflicts with imagebrowser.

Keep up the awesome work man, this is something I will definately be using.. well done, congrats, bravo!
MiCCAS.net Free PC Services

Steve3
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Steve3 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:03 pm

Hello!
first of all thanks for this great components!
i'm testing the com/mod in joomla 1.5 stable and i found that:

1. When blog calendar module is pubblished, in the frontend the tooltip "edit article" doesn't work.

2. always from the frontend, with blog calendar module pubblished, the page to submit an article doesn't work!
the editor works but the joomla images manager doesn't work and the pagebreak too!
Last edited by Steve3 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"a picture is worth a thousand words."

justo.derivera
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by justo.derivera » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:43 am

Thanks for reporting those errors, it was a bug in the javacript files. I fixed it on the release 1.2.4.

I also added a few things on that release:
  • Option to display the calendar on a specific date instead of the current date
  • Option to use the default article view of the site instead of the component article listing. This will make the article list look like the rest of the site. Here is an example of this option using the 68portal template:
    Copy view disabled:
    Copy view enabled:
I'm working on a template system for the calendar, instead of the current system of changing the CSS wich is a bit complicated for a normal user. I'll also create a few templates and write documentation on how to create them (indicating the css classes used by the calendar, etc).

Justo :pop

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 2:23 am

Love it! It keeps getting better!  8)

Thanks,
Amy :)

MiCCAS
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by MiCCAS » Wed Feb 06, 2008 4:53 am

AmyStephen wrote: Love it! It keeps getting better!  8)

Thanks,
Heck, and I thought that wouldn't be possible!!
MiCCAS.net Free PC Services

Steve3
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Steve3 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:47 am

justo.derivera wrote: Thanks for reporting those errors, it was a bug in the javacript files. I fixed it on the release 1.2.4.
very cool 8)

other thing:
in the previous version i tried to override the component layout through the template but was not possibile.

thanks for you work!
"a picture is worth a thousand words."

Tizzy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Tizzy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:59 pm

I'm not sure if the following bug belongs here, but after installing the com and mod everything seems to work fine except for editing the css file: if I click the com link the following appears:
"
JFile::read: Unable to open file: '/share/MD0_DATA/Qweb/Joomla\modules\mod_blog_calendar\tmpl\calStyle.css'
"

Consequently, I cannot change the style and even editing the css file directly doesn't produce any changes.

I'm using the Joomlabear Transparant Bliss 2.0 template in conjunction with !JoomlaComment 3.20RC2-c

gborislav
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by gborislav » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:31 am

Same error appear to me too.How to fix?

aswanwick
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by aswanwick » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:10 pm

Tizzy wrote:Consequently, I cannot change the style and even editing the css file directly doesn't produce any changes.
First problem is because of the forward/backward slash issues, component version 1.2.5 . Second one is due to uppercase problem. It is obvious Justo used Windows platform for the development where both do not matter, but not the case on Linux server. Here is what to do:

1. Download BlogCalendar_component.zip and BlogCalendar_module.zip and unpack them.
2. Edit both BlogCalendar_component\controller.php and BlogCalendar_component\admin\controller.php
find ALL: '\modules\mod_blog_calendar\tmpl\calStyle.css'
replace with: DS .'modules'.DS.'mod_blog_calendar'.DS.'tmpl'.DS.'calStyle.css'
3. Edit BlogCalendar_module\tmpl\default.php
find: <link rel="stylesheet" href="modules/mod_blog_calendar/tmpl/calstyle.css" type="text/css">
replace with: <link rel="stylesheet" href="modules/mod_blog_calendar/tmpl/calStyle.css" type="text/css">
4. ZIP it and upload to Joomla 8)

Alex

Tizzy
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Tizzy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:38 pm

Thanks, that sounds like sound advice. I'll post back whether it works or no.

jnotti
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jnotti » Fri May 16, 2008 9:26 pm

Using Joomla 1.5.1

Receive this error in the module section:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: atributes in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/modules/mod_blog_calendar/elements/customRadio.php on line 35

On the front end I am getting multiple errors where the calendar is being shown:

Notice: Undefined index: 20080515 in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/modules/mod_blog_calendar/helper.php on line 70
When I click on the month on the calendar I get this:

Notice: Undefined variable: controller in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/blog_calendar.php on line 17

Notice: Undefined variable: fullyear in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/models/blogcalendar.php on line 36

Notice: Undefined variable: fullyear in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/models/blogcalendar.php on line 73

Notice: Undefined variable: full in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/models/blogcalendar.php on line 91

Notice: Undefined variable: catCondition in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/models/blogcalendar.php on line 109

Notice: Undefined variable: fullyear in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/models/blogcalendar.php on line 186

Notice: Undefined variable: full in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/models/blogcalendar.php on line 191

Notice: Undefined index: date in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/models/blogcalendar.php on line 199

Notice: Undefined variable: full in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/models/blogcalendar.php on line 201
May 2008

Notice: Undefined variable: limitstart in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/views/blogcalendar/tmpl/default.php on line 36

Notice: Undefined variable: limitstart in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/views/blogcalendar/tmpl/default.php on line 39

Notice: Undefined variable: limitstart in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/views/blogcalendar/tmpl/default.php on line 42

Notice: Undefined variable: limitstart in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/views/blogcalendar/tmpl/default.php on line 45

Notice: Undefined variable: clientId in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/components/com_blog_calendar/views/blogcalendar/tmpl/default.php on line 60
Blue Clover Re-Designs Website
Notice: Undefined property: BlogCalendarViewBlogCalendar::$print in /home/development/dev.blueclover.com/htdocs/jooSevocity/templates/sevocity_inner/html/com_content/article/default.php on line 18
Any thoughts?

AmyStephen
Joomla! Champion
Joomla! Champion

Post by AmyStephen » Fri May 16, 2008 10:16 pm

Upgrade to Joomla! 1.5.3?

Folks -- this is not a support forum -- it is a forum in support of the Google Highly Open Participation Contest. Please do not use this forum to ask support questions. If you found this extension on the Joomla! Extensions Directory, then follow the links to the normal support channels or ask your support questions in the General or Open Source Products area of the Joomla! forums.

Thanks for understanding.

aplouviez
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by aplouviez » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:50 am

Hello, Bonjour,
Thanks, thanks a lot for this work !!
I have been looking for weeks something like that before finding it, and it is really good work !!
I cannot really help you on developping, but I would like to help...
so please accept a little gift from me ;)
you'll find in the zip file the french translation of the component and module. I hope I did'nt forget anything...
al1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

carrol waters
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by carrol waters » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:29 pm

hi there ! - how to make the module show the month of the latest news entry ?
on my site i have news nearly every day - but the calender-module stays on April, 25th.... but its june now ;)

my site is in german, joomla 1.5.3 -

userccs
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by userccs » Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:42 am

First of all Many thanks for this neat feature. Great work!

I just need to ask a question to see if this is a default by design or there is something i am missing. I have installed this com and mod fine no problems, i have set the calendar to only show in articles from a specific section and category, and this shows fine. On my Menu Assign i have only selected 1 menu, that's fine.

The issues i have is on my calendar is shows articles with dates assigned, as it should, when i click on a date it will bring up the article but no calendar next to the article, If Assign the menu to show on all then it the calendar shows with the article.. Any suggestion where i can assure that the calender will show next to the article if selected from the calendar.

thanks

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by mcsmom » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:24 am

This is a general problem with Joomla when there is a drill down.
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

userccs
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by userccs » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:49 am

Is there anyway to over come this problem.

mcsmom
Joomla! Exemplar
Joomla! Exemplar

Post by mcsmom » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:47 am

Would you please start a thread on that in the general support forum? This thread is really just about this GHOP project.
So we must fix our vision not merely on the negative expulsion of war, but upon the positive affirmation of peace. MLK 1964.
http://officialjoomlabook.com Get it at http://www.joomla.org/joomla-press-official-books.html Buy a book, support Joomla!.

tehnz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by tehnz » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:09 am

tried to search for this Blog Calendar on the Joomla extension site. No luck. Could someone please post a link for me for this component and module.
This looks like the extension that I need.
Cheers

Devil
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Devil » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:18 pm

mfg Devil

http://www.joomla-aktuell.de - Joomla-Aktuell - a German Joomla News Site

tehnz
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by tehnz » Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:42 am

thks. found it since in the same place ie joomlacode: projects.

was searching for it under Extensions download before.
Cheers

Return to “Google's Highly Open Participation Contest”