How to create contact form from joomla admin

Need help with the Administration of your Joomla! 1.5 site? This is the spot for you.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
mgnabibaig
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to create contact form from joomla admin

Post by mgnabibaig » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:33 am

Hi,
I created website in joomla i want to create contact form on my website, please can any one help me how to do it from admin.

Joyce Mar
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Re: How to create contact form from joomla admin

Post by Joyce Mar » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:13 pm

In the Administrator back-end:

Components -> Contacts -> Contacts.

Create your contact details here.

Then:

Menus -> Main Menu -> New -> Contacts -> Standard Contact Layout.

From the parameters to the right, select the contact you created earlier and save the menu. Make sure it's published.

mgnabibaig
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mgnabibaig » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:05 am

Joyce Mar wrote:In the Administrator back-end:

Components -> Contacts -> Contacts.

Create your contact details here.

Then:

Menus -> Main Menu -> New -> Contacts -> Standard Contact Layout.

From the parameters to the right, select the contact you created earlier and save the menu. Make sure it's published.
Thanks for your information. It works fine.

Can you please tell me more about how to add the fields in form, now it is only Name, Email, Subject and Message. I wan to add Phone, Addresss, City, Country etc.how can add it please can you tell here...

Joyce Mar
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Joyce Mar » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:22 am

You can't with the default contact form since it's just something very simple, though others around the forum have mentioned some contact/form components on http://extensions.joomla.org that you can do more with. I haven't found one that I like enough to recommend yet though.

alhakeem2001
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by alhakeem2001 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:10 am

Hi Guys, Can anybody tell me why my form alignment views deferent from one computer to another using the same browser! as at home it shows my contact form in the top centre of the page under the header which is the normal alignment but at my works computer its located at the bottom left side of the page ! Can any body explain how to avoid that!! :eek:

http://www.arab-broker.com/yousif/

qwan
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by qwan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:14 pm

Joyce Mar wrote:You can't with the default contact form since it's just something very simple, though others around the forum have mentioned some contact/form components on http://extensions.joomla.org that you can do more with. I haven't found one that I like enough to recommend yet though.
Wow another brick wall I have run into my head is big as a watermelon now.
If it is that easy please tell me if it is there in the documentation or atleast help me by telling me the keywords that should use to search this forum to get my answer.
Is there a way to actually add fields.
There is not extension in that does something simple as just adding a simple form for 1.5.x
Everything is for query based forms and dumbing that thing down to do a simple contact form is quite a task.
CK forms seems the closes but it is the buggiest. most of the form extensions are on beta and the facile forms gives me some kind of an interface to actually draw for on a grid :'( :'( :'( why????
Why cant i just add fields. or just add a form tag in my editor and post it to the same script that joomla is using for the default contact form.
My last option is to create a seperate form.php in a different folder and open it in a wrapper.
I am surprised that this fairly simple thing is so hard to find.
I really dont want to hack the core files of joomla or else I would have done that. I am experimenting on some autoupdate extensions I think the hack would be quite useless if use autoupdate.

labanino
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by labanino » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:47 am

Hi, joomla doesn't give you the ability to add custom fields to your form but there is a free add-on called Chrono forms http://www.chronoengine.com/, and it's easy to install. Good luck!

johnsmith90
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by johnsmith90 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:25 am

this site is very help full to all http://www.magwebonline.com/seo-services-hyderabad.aspx seo services hyderabad

dadset
I've been banned!

Post by dadset » Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:34 am

labanino thank for your help.
i think it have problem with utf-8

nicmehr
I've been banned!

Post by nicmehr » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:52 am

yes i check it too and it have problem with utf-8

Return to “Administration 1.5”