What's new in v.1.19 (see in more detail on the Homepage
1. Added: yvComment is 'Print aware' now: forms, buttons and links to add comments are hidden from 'print' page of the Article.
2. Added "Allow comments on comment" global option for yvComment (only for "Use Content Table"="Yes") with these values:
- "No" - this is the simplest option.
- "Owner's reply only" - only Author of the Article or Administrator is allowed to add exactly one comment on Comment. This comment on comment can not be commented. This behavior works similar to JED
- see "Owner's replies" for some reviews ("reviews" are, in fact, comments).
- "One level deep" any Comment on Article may have any number of comments. These comments on Comment can not be further commented. So, this is restricted case of "Threaded comments" (see next value).
- "Threaded comments" - each Comment may have any number of comments. Each comment on Comment may also be commented, and so on to any level deep. If this value is selected, every comment, as e.g. article in blog view, has "Comments(n)" or "Reply" link, that leads to the standard Joomla!'s 'article' view of this comment, where users may see and/or add comments on this Comment.
3. Added "Comment Linkable" option for yvComment (only for "Use Content Table"="Yes") The link leads to the article view of comment, where users may see and/or add comments on this Comment.
4. Changed: "Position of comments" option was replaced with three options: "Position of comments in Article view", "Position of comments on the Frontpage" and "Position of comments in other views" to allow more flexible customization of the plugin (Unfortunately, Joomla! doesn't allow to configure plugins differently for different menu items/articles, so this, not very elegant decision, was taken). Now you may have comments of the Article in the Module (yvComment module) rather than 'inside/below' the Article! See section "Comments of the Article in the Module" for more details.
5. Added "List of IDs of Articles which may, or may not, contain comments" option in addition to existing options for Sections and Categories of Articles to be commented. This option gives you maximum flexibility in defining, which Article may, and which may not be commented. E.g. you may decide to enable commenting for one Article only.
Please note, that if Article already has comments, and later you would disable commenting on this article, comments on this Article still will exist and will be visible to users.
6. Added image to show, if comments are closed, to the article view of plugin, near number of comments. I couldn't decide, where to put it, by felt, that this image should be somewhere...
7. Added "Delay loading captcha image" option, that enables to delay loading captcha image until user starts to type text of comment (or clicks in the comment text box). The purpose is to speed up page loading and lessen the load on the server. Most users will not comment. Now they wont have to wait for the captcha image to load. (Thanks to Jan Tångring for the contribution)
8. Added five new translations (new languages) since previous release, see them at JoomlaCode:
- Greek (Thanks to Ziouzios Dimitrios and Stefanidis Fotios).
- Polish (Thanks to Tomasz Ziółczyński).
- Portuguese pt_PT (Thanks to Rui Braz).
- Slovenian (Thanks to Tomi Malenšek).
- Ukrainian (Thanks to Vitalij Mojsejiv).