hi all joomla member forum,virking
i now plan to localize joomla in my language (khmer language). the language is not listed in the accredited language for joomla yet.
so can anyone or admin in here tell me the guideline how to accomplish it?
1. At the very first beginning, copy the language/en-GB folder of your Joomla Installation and rename it with the help of cPanel File Manager or FTP client software. The new language folder and all the corresponding files should be renamed such as en-GB where 'en' refers to the language and 'GB' refers to country 'Great Britain'.
2. Install the component Translation Manager
3. Navigate to Translation Manager under the components menu of Joomla Administration Site.
4. On the "Language Name" column, you will find two items named '[en-GB] English(United Kingdom)', select the item which is not marked as default and click edit. Do the modifications and return to the Translation Manager.
5. Make your new language site default language. Initially, it will be in English language. But as you progress you will see the changes.
6. Now select your language, and click "View Files". You will get a list of all core language, components, modules, plugins, and templates there.
7. Select each item and and click edit and make the modifications according to your language.
8. Check thoroughly what you've written and test the language of your site from your front end.
9. After you complete the translation, select your language and click "Package". The translation component will automatically make a language package for you.
10. Share it with the community.Additional Tips:
a. The progress of your translation will be shown by the translation component
b. The translation work should be done on local server
c. For any specific help, please contact us on the forum