Everything But Global Configuration Works

This forum is for issues with installing Joomla! on IIS webservers.

Moderator: General Support Moderators

Forum rules
Forum Rules
Absolute Beginner's Guide to Joomla! <-- please read before posting, this means YOU.
Forum Post Assistant - If you are serious about wanting help, you will use this tool to help you post.
Netsizzle
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Everything But Global Configuration Works

Post by Netsizzle » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:11 pm

Joomla! 1.5.8 installed on II6 with PHP 5.2.6 and mySQL 5.0.67.
I overcame issues getting the installer to recognize mySQL, but once I did, installation went fine and all functions seems to work with the exception of Global Configuration in the Admin section.

I have this all installed on an internal server and have everything set to writable just to eliminate that issue anywhere.

Going to Global Configuration produces:

PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JCacheStorage._apc::test' was given in C:\sites\Joomla-test\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 143 PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JCacheStorage._eaccelerator::test' was given in C:\sites\Joomla-test\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 143 PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JCacheStorage._file::test' was given in C:\sites\Joomla-test\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 143 PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JCacheStorage._memcache::test' was given in C:\sites\Joomla-test\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 143 PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JCacheStorage._xcache::test' was given in C:\sites\Joomla-test\libraries\joomla\cache\cache.php on line 143 PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JSessionStorage._apc::test' was given in C:\sites\Joomla-test\libraries\joomla\session\session.php on line 272 PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JSessionStorage._database::test' was given in C:\sites\Joomla-test\libraries\joomla\session\session.php on line 272 PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JSessionStorage._eaccelerator::test' was given in C:\sites\Joomla-test\libraries\joomla\session\session.php on line 272 PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JSessionStorage._memcache::test' was given in C:\sites\Joomla-test\libraries\joomla\session\session.php on line 272 PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JSessionStorage._none::test' was given in C:\sites\Joomla-test\libraries\joomla\session\session.php on line 272 PHP Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, 'JSessionStorage._xcache::test' was given in C:\sites\Joomla-test\libraries\joomla\session\session.php on line 272

I have seen this issue referred to in another post, somewhere else, but a resolution was not posted.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
John Kauffman
Information Technology Professional
http://johnkauffman.info

vordesigns
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Everything But Global Configuration Works

Post by vordesigns » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:42 am

I can open the Global configuration through the admin consolde but can't edit it even after I set security.

bcom
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by bcom » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:05 pm

I have the exact same problem, only on debian linux with php5.2 mysql 5.0.32

I get all this nonsense (see attachment), plus the php error calls.

This is the latest version of Joomla 1.5.9, fresh install with sample data
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vordesigns
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vordesigns » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:27 pm

I had to apply some really unsafe settings to get joomla to work on IIS7:
1. IUSR full control to joomla and subfolders
2. IIS_USRS full control to joomla and subfolders
(one of these should go away)
3. IUSR full control sessions
4. IIS_USRS full control sessions
(one of these should go away)
5. Deleted manual PHP installation and use msi installer
6. add phprc=application path to evenironement
7. Fixed all manual reference for php
--
I Have to figure out what I can remove and lock down before I would consider putting this on a public facing server.
--
The phpbb backup site running on the same server didn't require any of this to function.

shaboomi
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by shaboomi » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:22 am

check to see if you have any ._ files on the server. They will be hidden, just delete them if you find them and the problem should go away

j9erry026
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by j9erry026 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:35 am

Thanks shaboomi

I had a similar problem in Global Configuration after my one-click install of Joomla 1.5.10, upgraded soon after to 1.5.12.

I was in 1.5.12 already when I noticed the Global Configuration warning messages. :D

Anyway, I went into the '/libraries/joomla/cache' and '/libraries/joomla/session' folders (as displayed by the warning messages) and deleted all files beginning with a dot, e.g. ._cache.php. Doing so removed all the warning messages in Global Configuration for me. Hope these help.
I like Joomla! And I'm a Joomla newb--squirrel!

server hosting
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by server hosting » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:36 am

i was having a similar problem but what i did was to manually edit the global configuration file , then cleared cache just to make sure everything would work just fine and fortunately it did
i am running joomla on IIS server

diresolutions
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by diresolutions » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:13 pm

I am running Joomla 1.5.15 and I simply moved the site to a different directory when this issue appeared in Global Configuration. Clearing all cache did not help. I did what J9erry026 said above and deleted all files beginning with "._" in both the cache and session directories INCLUDING sub directories. If you do not also clear sub directories of those folders, the issue may still appear.

Searchrider
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by Searchrider » Thu May 20, 2010 5:56 pm

I did exactly what was talked about above and it solved the problem perfectly.
Instead of deleting the files (I was nervous about losing any data that I might later need)
I created a new sub directory called remove in each of the cache and session directories (as stated above) and broke the links while keeping the file system intact in case I needed to put the files back in their respective areas. It turned out that I didn't have to do it, but I wasn't going to take that risk.

Here's a picture of how I did it if you're nervous, but if not then F@#$ it, just delete them and you should be fine.

Many thanks guys! I'm going to be turning the site over to a client in a couple weeks and having that garbldy gook in there certainly wouldn't fly.

Best,
Searchrider
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Joomla! 1.5 on IIS webserver”