How to remove prev & next button from the content page

Contact the Development Working Group here: http://groups.google.com/group/joomla-dev-general

This forum is now closed and archived.
mukta19
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

How to remove prev & next button from the content page

Post by mukta19 » Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:20 pm

Hello,

I' want to remove prev & next button from the content page  because it causing problem in our site as it does not maintain sequence i.e if i' click next button then it shows data of those content page which is neither link with any menu's or published.

so pls help me out 
thanku .

Young81k
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: How to remove prev & next button from the content page

Post by Young81k » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:16 am

You can remove the prev and next button by simply choosing hide for "Content Item Navigation" in your global configuration. Just look in the content tab.

mukta19
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by mukta19 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:40 am

Thanku  , for solving my problem

oceanpoetry
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by oceanpoetry » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:52 am

Hi - I am trying to do the same thing, however when I go to "global configuration tab", I don't see a content item navigation option...how would I be able to accesss this? Thanks - I am a newbie!

oceanpoetry
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by oceanpoetry » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:14 am

I found the answer - configuration is a little different in 1.5v

"This sort of 'global' parameters issue dogged me too with 1.5.x but I believe that I have finally got a handle on it It was the 'new feature' of having the Menu Item being able to override these that "got" me. From what I gather now, the Article Manager > Parameters is where the 'Global' values are set, i.e. if you set the 'Read more...link' and 'Show Navigation' to 'Hide' then for the Menu Item parameters, set these to 'Use Global' and all should be as you want. Hope this makes sense. "

bgood
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by bgood » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:04 pm

Can you post or email me how you did that.

vidapura
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by vidapura » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:13 am

Ahh great!
I was wondering how to hide the Next> link on my Contact Us page.
And this thread has shown me how.

For the other newbies out there, you can turn off the Next & Prev links/buttons but going to the menu (move your mouse over Menus and click on the default menu for your site) and finding the link to your page. when you open that.. under Parameters(component) on the right side of the page... you'll see a Show NAvigation oprion... set that to Hde.
Then you shoudl be sorted...

Thanks to oceanpoetry for showing me how to do this.

Vida

Prasawet
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Prasawet » Mon Mar 30, 2009 11:25 pm

I have digg almost all topics about this option but still could not manage nav.bar.
Here is the problem:
Menu item "anything"-Parameters(Component)-Show Navigation=Hide
Article Manager-Parameters-Show navigation=Hide
...and when I use Page break in Article, nav.bar and num.of pages (Page 1 of 2) still are there!!!
Finaly, Plugin: Content-Page Navigation-Enabled=NO and no effect, nav. bar still exist!!!
I realy want nav.bar with numbers only (without Page x of y, Prev, Next, End..) but it seems that I can't kill the best at all.
...Help!
(Joomla 1.5)

"This sort of 'global' parameters issue dogged me too with 1.5.x but I believe that I have finally got a handle on it It was the 'new feature' of having the Menu Item being able to override these that "got" me. From what I gather now, the Article Manager > Parameters is where the 'Global' values are set, i.e. if you set the 'Read more...link' and 'Show Navigation' to 'Hide

pcutter
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by pcutter » Sun May 31, 2009 7:54 pm

This is driving me nuts!

I have set the following pagenav related settings in an attempt to get rid of pagnav on my Front Page Blog layout:

Menu Items-->Main Menu-->Home-->
Pagination: Hide
Pagination Results: Hide

and in Content-->Article Manager-->Parameters
Show navigation: Hide

None of this has any effect!!!

the site is: http://www.fishingcatproject.info

Diagnostic Information
Joomla! Version: Joomla! 1.5.9 Production/Stable [ Vatani ] 9-January-2009 23:00 GMT
configuration.php: Not Writable (Mode: 444 ) | RG_EMULATION: N/A
Architecture/Platform: Linux 2.6.18-92.1.10.el5PAE ( i686) | Web Server: Apache ( http://www.fishingcatproject.info ) | PHP Version: 5.2.8
PHP Requirements: register_globals: Disabled | magic_quotes_gpc: Enabled | safe_mode: Disabled | MySQL Support: Yes | XML Support: Yes | zlib Support: Yes
mbstring Support (1.5): Yes | iconv Support (1.5): Yes | save.session_path: Writable | Max.Execution Time: 30 seconds | File Uploads: Enabled
MySQL Version: 5.0.67.d7-ourdelta-log ( fishingcat.db.3542297.hostedresource.com via TCP/IP )

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm at my wit's end!

Pete

Codeless
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Codeless » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:25 am

Me too! I just updated to 1.5.14 from 1.5.5 and the latest article I made has a next> button at the bottom of it. Can't get rid of the thing.

'Show Navigation' is set to 'Hide' in the parameters of the menu linking to that article, as well as within the article's parameters and in the global configuration.

What's up with that?

Smile
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Smile » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:26 pm

Hi, I have same problem:

Now is it possible to turn off at article level? Because the articles belong to category1 that has pagination hide but when viewing the articles I still see it.

Should I disable Pagination Results and Show a Feed Link? what do they do?

Smile
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by Smile » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:52 am

As far as I have discovered it can't be turned off at article level.
So that means if you turn it off at category level by posting in Blog you will still have problem if you use an article structure that allows to read articles at certain category by direct link.

I mean you post a referring (similar) article somewhere in your site from "switched off category" and you have a problem

Return to “Development”