Croeso/Welcome

shutchinson
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Croeso/Welcome

Post by shutchinson » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:44 am

Hi geraint,

having a few problems with Welsh Translation... have installed joomfish, but when ever i go into say an article at says no translation available, what am i doing wrong...

Dominicanroger
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Re: Croeso/Welcome

Post by Dominicanroger » Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:33 pm

Hi everybody.

For a multilingual project I need Welsh Translation (welsh.php, welsh.ignore.php and welch.xml) where can I download it?

Thanks
Roger

Geraint
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Geraint » Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:43 am

Dominicanroger wrote: For a multilingual project I need Welsh Translation (welsh.php, welsh.ignore.php and welch.xml) where can I download it?
http://forum.joomla.org/index.php/topic ... l#msg85802

Pob hwyl

Geraint

Dominicanroger
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Dominicanroger » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:57 pm

Hi Geraint,

thnks for you post, but the link is for Mambo 4.5 from October 19, 2005. I'm looking for joomla 1.0.12
That means it is different.

Thanks gain
Roger

infograf768
Joomla! Master
Joomla! Master

Post by infograf768 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:58 pm

@Geraint

You have a pm.
Jean-Marie Simonet / infograf
---------------------------------
ex-Joomla Translation Coordination Team • ex-Joomla! Production Working Group

travisb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by travisb » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:25 am

Hi Geraint,

I too have installed your language pack in Joomla 1.0.13 along with Joomfish. I'm having the same problem as shutchinson in that no translations seem available when I select any components. I changed the ISO code to CY-GB in Joomfish, but that didn't make any difference.
Last edited by travisb on Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geraint
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Geraint » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:47 am

Mae'r code yn wahanol ar Linux a Windows i Linux dylai "cy" weithio ac ar Windows dylai "cym" weithio

Geraint

The ISO code depends on your server for linux try just "cy" or for Windows try "cym"

travisb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by travisb » Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:53 am

Hi Geraint, tried cy and cwm as I'm testing locally on an Apache2Triad install on my machine (Windows). Still getting no translation available (for anything) no matter which code I use ???

Geraint
Joomla! Guru
Joomla! Guru

Post by Geraint » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:06 am

Are the date formats changing?

And probably a silly question but have you actually translated and published some content on the server?

travisb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by travisb » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:34 am

Geraint wrote: Are the date formats changing?

And probably a silly question but have you actually translated and published some content on the server?
Date formats remain the same as English version.

I think I have some problems as I can't even see the menus in Welsh when selecting the language.

travisb
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by travisb » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:04 am

I think part of my problem is that the only Welsh Language pack I could install was the Mambo based one. When I try to install either of Ifan Evans Joomla beta language file packs, I get an install error (ERROR: Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.)

Laus
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by Laus » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:51 pm

Hi I'm Laus,

Based in Carmarthen, been working in Wales since 1989 but admittedly poor on the language.

Used to use phpwebsite before realising my mistake and getting me head into Joomla instead. Been using it for a few months now and having a decent client base mainly in tourism and such services, I am looking forward to using it much more as it is saving me a massive amount of time compared to all the hard coding php I am used to having to do.

Not that I am in anyway a PHP expert it must be said.

Would be nice to get to know a few more developers in Wales as there seems to be plenty of talent about and lots of work available for us all to share - seeing as we don't seem to have the ridiculous expectations salary wise that some of our friends down in London have (Cardiff bods excluded!  :laugh: )

Will be looking to use the Welsh Translations on next site planned for Early February, so hope there are a few of you still active on here?

hotnuts21
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by hotnuts21 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:48 pm

We put a welsh translation for 1.0.13 on Joomlacode at the beginning of December so that should be good to use.

Also going to be overahauling 1.5 a little to keep up with the changes in the Beta Releases. Im just glad Ifan had already done most of the work ;)

lovepeace21uk
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by lovepeace21uk » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi Everyone!

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Adam, I'm 32 and live in Carmarthenshire.
I am interested in developing Community-Based ICT services across the area.

I have just registered with Joomla and am going to research thsi Open-source alot more.
Yes I'm a NEWBIE and Saes (Sorry!!)
I am also looking at the dotCYM project and would love to hear peoples thoughts and ideas.

Diolch,
Adam.

roboughton
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by roboughton » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:22 am

Hi all i also thought i should say hello in the Welsh part of the forum, i am not a regular poster nor am i that good with joomla

My name is Rob and i am from Llandudno, i manage a small IT dept (one man band :D ) I have the company website in a trial situation using Joomla and the welsh language pack thanks to all who have created it!!!!!.

I am a Englishman living in Wales have done since I was 10, Welsh is not my spoken language in fact my welsh is embarrassingly poor!!!

As our site is in development (we work for the NHS as a sub-contractor) I am hopefu some of you guys can give me some advice when i get back to working on it.

Regards

Rob

Barrya
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Barrya » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:00 am

Dear roboughton
I have posted a PM for you
Barry

roughneck
Joomla! Fledgling
Joomla! Fledgling

Post by roughneck » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:15 pm

Hi all,

My name is Craig. I live in Cardiff but I’m from Carmarthen originally. I have just started work with a south Wales further education college. I'm currently evaluating a number of open source cms solutions. Multilingual capability is going to be an important factor when I get round to redeveloping the site.

It’s good to know that Joomla! has it own little welsh community.

neruna
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by neruna » Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:14 pm

hi everyone,

I wasn't born in the UK but I am one quarter welsh! I am very glad to be able to move to Cardiff in the upcoming months. I've previously worked with Drupal but will use Joomla for the first time for the next project.

Barrya
Joomla! Intern
Joomla! Intern

Post by Barrya » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:34 pm

Hi Neruna and welcome to the Forum. I live down the road in Penarth!
Best wishes
Barrya

hotnuts21
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by hotnuts21 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 6:26 pm

Welcome to the forum Neruna :)

namtran77741
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by namtran77741 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:15 am

hi everyone,

I wasn't born in the welsh but I am one quarter US! I am very glad to be able to move to Cardiff in the upcoming months. I've previously worked with Drupal but will use Joomla for the first time for the next project.

pishro
Joomla! Explorer
Joomla! Explorer

Post by pishro » Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:24 pm

hi everyone,
i can help in Welsh and farsi language!
Thank you for creating this post

jiyuu19th
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by jiyuu19th » Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:26 pm

@roughneck I have some pm to you about Cardiff city.
thank you
http://www.xn--22cap5dwcq3d9ac1l0f.com <= พื้นที่ให้เช่า พื้นที่เช่า

rutin
I've been banned!

Post by rutin » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:45 pm

i can help in Welsh and Khmer language

dyfrig
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dyfrig » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:08 pm

Gair bach i ddweud mod i wedi cytuno i fod yn gyd-gysylltydd Cyfieithiad Cymraeg Joomla. Dwi wrthi'n gwirio, cyfieithu a chymeradwyo ffeiliau y wefan flaen ar hyn o bryd gyda'r nod o gael fersiwn 3.6.5 yn barod yn fuan. Dwi'n defnyddio Crowdin felly mae croeso i unrhyw un i gyfrannu. Dwi wedi mewnforio cyfieithiad 2.5 Powys a'r cyfieithiad 3.3 swyddogol fel sylfaen ond dwi'n gwirio pob ymadrodd cyn ei gymeradwyo. Gan mai ffeiliau y fersiwn 3.7 arfaethedig sy ar Crowdin bydd fersiwn Cymraeg 3.7 hefyd yn barod mewn da bryd gobeithio.

Dwi hefyd wedi cofrestru parth joomla.cymru. Dwi'n disgwyl cael caniatâd Joomla i ddefnyddio hwn. Bydd gwefan joomla.cymru yn hyrwyddo defnydd o Joomla yn y Gymraeg ac yn gyfle i roi mwy o fanylion ynglŷn â'r cyfieithu, geirfa ac ati. Gobeithio y bydd Joomla.Cymru ar lein o fewn y mis nesaf.

Just a short note to say that I've agreed to be the Coordinator for the Joomla! Welsh Translation. I am currently checking, translating and approving the site files with a view to having a 3.6.5 version ready soon. Since I'm using Crowdin which has the files for the proposed 3.7 version that should also be ready in good time.
The joomla.cymru domain name has been registered and awaiting approval from Joomla for use of the name. The website will be an opportunity to promote the use of Joomla for Welsh and Bilingual sites. It will also be a site where more details of the translation process, terminology etc. can be announced.

dyfrig
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dyfrig » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:47 pm

Cyfieithiad Cymraeg 3.8.1 wedi ei gyhoeddi ac ar gael drwy ddiweddaru'r fersiwn bresennol neu o https://community.joomla.org/translatio ... html#cy-gb

Pecyn gwefan flaen ydi hwn yn unig. Gobeithiaf weithio ar y pecyn gweinyddol dros y gaeaf gan obeithio y bydd yn barod o leiaf cyn i Joomla 4 gael ei ryddhau. Bydd unrhyw gynigion o help yn cael eu derbyn yn ddiolchgar!

dyfrig
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dyfrig » Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:57 pm

Cyfieithiad Cymraeg 3.8.5 wedi ei gyhoeddi ac ar gael drwy ddiweddaru'r fersiwn bresennol, pan yn gosod gwefan Joomla newydd neu o https://community.joomla.org/translatio ... html#cy-gb. Mae fersiynau blaenorol 3.8.2 - 3.8.4 hefyd ar gael o'r ddolen uchod

Pecyn gwefan flaen yn unig ydi hwn o hyd. Dwi'n dal i drio cael amser i ddiweddaru ffeiliau'r wefan gweinyddol.

Bydd unrhyw gynigion o help yn cael eu derbyn yn ddiolchgar! Da ni'n defnyddio Crowdin i gyfieithu felly mae croeso i unrhyw un ymuno a'r tîm i gynnig cyfieithiadau neu welliannau. Mae cyfieithiadau blaenorol Cyngor Sir Powys (2.5) wedi eu huwchlwytho i Crowdin felly fydd dim angen i ni gyfieithu popeth o bell ffordd.

dyfrig
Joomla! Enthusiast
Joomla! Enthusiast

Post by dyfrig » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:08 am

Cyfieithiad Cymraeg Joomla 3.9.0 wedi ei gyhoeddi ac ar gael drwy ddiweddaru'r fersiwn bresennol, pan yn gosod gwefan Joomla newydd neu o https://community.joomla.org/translatio ... html#cy-gb.

Dwi'n ymddiheuro fod un pecyn gyda gwall bychan wedi ymddangos ers ddoe. Roedd y pecyn yn ymddangos yn adran diweddaru estyniadau eich gwefannau fel 3.8.9.1 ond ar ôl ei osod yn ymddangos yn gywir fel 3.9.0.1 . Mae'r broblem wedi ei datrys rwan a'r pecyn diweddaraf yw 3.9.0.3

Pecyn gwefan flaen yn unig ydi hwn o hyd. Dwi wrthi ar hyn o bryd yn ddiweddaru ffeiliau'r wefan weinyddol gan obeithio bod yn barod erbyn bydd Joomla 4 allan.

Bydd unrhyw gynigion o help yn cael eu derbyn yn ddiolchgar neu dim ond cysylltu i adael i ni wybod eich bod yn defnyddio Joomla Cymraeg. Da ni'n defnyddio Crowdin i gyfieithu felly mae croeso i unrhyw un ymuno a'r tîm i gynnig cyfieithiadau neu welliannau.

2mino
Joomla! Apprentice
Joomla! Apprentice

Post by 2mino » Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:47 am

Yn ddiweddar rydw i'n dylunio gwefan ar gyfer cwmni sydd a chleientiaid o Gymru ac rwy'n defnyddio hwn i gyfieithu'r wefan i'r Gymraeg.
Diolch am eich cefnogaeth.
http://babya.ir/
http://karajab.ir/replacement-water-filters/ - تعویض فیلتر دستگاه تصفیه آب

Return to “Welsh Forum”