I'm sorry to open a topic on something that has been written quite a bit on already. However, I'm not finding the answer I'm looking for.What I'm trying to do:
I need to have a 'splash page' for an update that I'm doing on a client's site. From the splash page, he wants it to link to a specific page, like a table of contents. Easy, right?
What I've done:
- I modified .htaccess file to include the following: 'directoryIndex index.html index.php'
- Now I have the desired effect. I have my splash page that goes to the contents page I created. Groovy!The problem:
- Well I couldn't get too happy, could I? Well, the problem is that the home menu item goes back to the splash page. I don't want that. The only time a visitor should see the splash page is when they first arrive at the site.Troubleshooting:
- I tried replacing home link with another. I used 'link to url' and input http://dev.collegewebmagazine.com/index.php
, however, the link just goes to the spash page.
- I tried unpublishing the Home menu item... That didn't work either.
What I don't want to do is have to create a sub-directory for the main site to 'live' within in order to have this splash page work properly. I've done some reading around and searching and haven't found the topic that offers the solution I'm looking for. What am I looking for? Splash page that links to main contents page with a 'Home' link that doesn't link back to the splash page, but back to the main contents page.
I'm using joomla 1.0.15. So if there are any suggestions or even extensions that could help, please let me know.